You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coronavirus - Remain Calm. Do Not Panic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 591592593594595 839>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2021 at 8:28pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

I knew it wasnt just me as loads had said it me offline but glad a few more have posted also. 

My fear is the site becomes zero craic and is just like Twitter or any other forum and full of culture wars etc and toxic debates about racism and the far right etc which are horrible horrible things but that goes without saying  

I think you need to take a break from the site bud, you’re showing narcissistic traits. 
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2021 at 8:30pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Originally posted by JohnSwift JohnSwift wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Sid why do you think ybig is the perfect forum to wage your war against the rise of the far right in Ireland.  Why is the ybig forum the ideal avenue for that war.  Surely there are other places that this could take place.  Presumably you were concerned before the restrictions came into place.  Did you join any anti fascist groups and go on any protests or did you debate on football forums about fascism. 

He's on GAA board too coming out with the same points on most threads as well, and god knows what other forumsLOL

TheFreeKick.com is another of Sid’s favourite forums! I wish I had the free time to dedicate to online forums!

That place is a genuine cesspit, way worse than here

Then why bother with your contributions? The amount of energy you put into some of your posts on here is baffling and really, as baldrick has outlined, not the right audience.

Each to their own and you don’t bother me, just more of a wonderment as an observer. Some posts must genuinely take time to compose LOL
Why do you bother?

Posting on this site? 

Avid follower of Irish football for a start. Have always enjoyed the forum and have made some good friends along the way too. I tend to come here to follow results and talk sh*te and have certainly never taken it seriously. It’s not that sort of place. 
You're not going to learn much about Irish football from a place you say is full of sh*te talk
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2021 at 8:32pm
Why not go on to some political forum or loonie left against loonie right forum and bore the bollox out of them with this sh*te instead of fckin this site up 
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2021 at 8:33pm

Originally posted by JohnSwift JohnSwift wrote:

Sid why do you think ybig is the perfect forum to wage your war against the rise of the far right in Ireland.  Why is the ybig forum the ideal avenue for that war.  Surely there are other places that this could take place.  Presumably you were concerned before the restrictions came into place.  Did you join any anti fascist groups and go on any protests or did you debate on football forums about fascism. 

He's on GAA board too coming out with the same points on most threads as well, and god knows what other forumsLOL

TheFreeKick.com is another of Sid’s favourite forums! I wish I had the free time to dedicate to online forums!

That place is a genuine cesspit, way worse than here

Then why bother with your contributions? The amount of energy you put into some of your posts on here is baffling and really, as baldrick has outlined, not the right audience.

Each to their own and you don’t bother me, just more of a wonderment as an observer. Some posts must genuinely take time to compose LOL
Why do you bother?

Posting on this site? 

Avid follower of Irish football for a start. Have always enjoyed the forum and have made some good friends along the way too. I tend to come here to follow results and talk sh*te and have certainly never taken it seriously. It’s not that sort of place. 
Clap
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2021 at 8:34pm

I knew it wasnt just me as loads had said it me offline but glad a few more have posted also. 

My fear is the site becomes zero craic and is just like Twitter or any other forum and full of culture wars etc and toxic debates about racism and the far right etc which are horrible horrible things but that goes without saying  

You're not exactly contributing much to alleviate these fears all the same Tongue

I agree I come here to enjoy the craic not contribute to it LOL

Totally agree with McG and Daithi.  Two sound men and I am sure we dont agree on everything but who fckin cares as you rip the piss and maybe have a pint on an Ireland trip and certainly dont talk about the rise of fascism in ireland. 

Edited by Baldrick - 28 Feb 2021 at 8:36pm
AKA pedantic kunt
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2021 at 8:35pm
Originally posted by daithi daithi wrote:

Why not go on to some political forum or loonie left against loonie right forum and bore the bollox out of them with this sh*te instead of fckin this site up 

Clap
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2021 at 8:35pm

And what does that post provide to the site, could you tell me?

Why don't you stay off political threads if you're bored with them?

Have to agree with Brendan's point about the narcissism of some posters here

There's a coterie of posters who think this is a private boys' club for them

It's really weird

And anti-free speech
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2021 at 8:59pm

And what does that post provide to the site, could you tell me?

Why don't you stay off political threads if you're bored with them?

Have to agree with Brendan's point about the narcissism of some posters here

There's a coterie of posters who think this is a private boys' club for them

It's really weird

And anti-free speech

In the immortal lines of that great philosopher Charlie Brown 

‘Oh good grief’ 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2021 at 10:51pm

100%ClapClap
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2021 at 11:20pm
Well said Daithi. 
JohnSwift View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnSwift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 7:52am

Nail on the head.

ClapClapClap
theheff1989 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
My name badge won a prize

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theheff1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 8:00am
ah look another thread with the two posters. How anyone can put that much time and effort online is beyond me. 
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 8:06am
FAO of any posters on the Coronavirus thread

There are to be no further posts on the subject 

Any further posts must be "banter", preferably totally hilarious tales of getting sick on a train on an Ireland away trip

That's "banter", or if you like, "bantz"

ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 9:27am
Originally posted by theheff1989 theheff1989 wrote:

ah look another thread with the two posters. How anyone can put that much time and effort online is beyond me. 
Even when lockdown finally ends and we get our lives back, those 2 fishwives will probably be still bitching at each other on here 24/7.LOL
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 9:54am
If you’re on the opposite side to Jackal and Johnswift, you’re doing something right. Keep up the good work Sid. ClapClapClap
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 9:56am
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

If you’re on the opposite side to Jackal and Johnswift, you’re doing something right. Keep up the good work Sid. ClapClapClap

Clap
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 9:56am
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Agreed. 
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 10:00am
Some amount of sheep on here. 
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 591592593594595 839>
  Share Topic