You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coronavirus - Remain Calm. Do Not Panic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 590591592593594 839>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KING-CON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2021 at 3:50pm
Anyone know if the idiot that fired the firework at the Garda yesterday got arrested? I hope he gets a heavy custodial sentence. 
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2021 at 4:24pm
Photos of him before he did it with the firework in his hand ready to be lit doing the rounds on Facebook so he's either already been caught, or it won't take too much longer.

Any one see the video taken from behind the Gardai just as they charge. One Garda smacking another up the hole with his baton, hits him some smack LOL
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2021 at 4:32pm
UK have now administered 20M 1st and 800k 2nd.
In Feb alone that was 10.8M 1st and 300k 2nd.

They are done to level 7 now: Anybody over 60 and / or adults with underlying health conditions. 

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2021 at 5:02pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Sid why do you think ybig is the perfect forum to wage your war against the rise of the far right in Ireland.  Why is the ybig forum the ideal avenue for that war.  Surely there are other places that this could take place.  Presumably you were concerned before the restrictions came into place.  Did you join any anti fascist groups and go on any protests or did you debate on football forums about fascism. 

He's on GAA board too coming out with the same points on most threads as well, and god knows what other forumsLOL
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2021 at 5:11pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

The sense of fun has gone from the whatever section  

Was it ever there, especially in relation to the political threads?

Can we get back to more important and  pressing matters like the number of vinegar sachets you get given 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2021 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Sid why do you think ybig is the perfect forum to wage your war against the rise of the far right in Ireland.  Why is the ybig forum the ideal avenue for that war.  Surely there are other places that this could take place.  Presumably you were concerned before the restrictions came into place.  Did you join any anti fascist groups and go on any protests or did you debate on football forums about fascism. 

He's on GAA board too coming out with the same points on most threads as well, and god knows what other forumsLOL

LOL

With the farm and everything I don’t have the time to devote myself full time to the old anti racism father. 
AKA pedantic kunt
JohnSwift View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnSwift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2021 at 5:16pm

TheFreeKick.com is another of Sid’s favourite forums! I wish I had the free time to dedicate to online forums!

JohnSwift View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnSwift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2021 at 5:19pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

UK have now administered 20M 1st and 800k 2nd.
In Feb alone that was 10.8M 1st and 300k 2nd.

They are done to level 7 now: Anybody over 60 and / or adults with underlying health conditions. 

Regardless of what people might think of them delaying their second dose, it’s been a remarkable couple of months from the UK in rolling out the vaccine. Hopefully it proves to be a huge success. Fighting the virus in Britain is important for Ireland, given the close links between the two islands.

coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2021 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by JohnSwift JohnSwift wrote:

TheFreeKick.com is another of Sid’s favourite forums! I wish I had the free time to dedicate to online forums!

It's no wonder he doesn't want countries coming out of lockdown, he'll actually have to do things like go outside
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2021 at 6:50pm

That place is a genuine cesspit, way worse than here
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2021 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by KING-CON KING-CON wrote:

Anyone know if the idiot that fired the firework at the Garda yesterday got arrested? I hope he gets a heavy custodial sentence. 
Yes Im informed that he has been.
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2021 at 7:07pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Then why bother with your contributions? The amount of energy you put into some of your posts on here is baffling and really, as baldrick has outlined, not the right audience.

Each to their own and you don’t bother me, just more of a wonderment as an observer. Some posts must genuinely take time to compose LOL

Edited by McG - 28 Feb 2021 at 7:07pm
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2021 at 8:09pm
I've no time for the far right, Qanon or covid sceptics but some of the posts I read in the whatever section makes me weary at the opposite. As Baldrick said ybig used to be an escape from the real world. This site had a lot of humour and now it just seems too serious but maybe that's how the world is in general. 
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2021 at 8:16pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Then why bother with your contributions? The amount of energy you put into some of your posts on here is baffling and really, as baldrick has outlined, not the right audience.

Each to their own and you don’t bother me, just more of a wonderment as an observer. Some posts must genuinely take time to compose LOL
Why do you bother?

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2021 at 8:20pm
I knew it wasnt just me as loads had said it me offline but glad a few more have posted also. 

My fear is the site becomes zero craic and is just like Twitter or any other forum and full of culture wars etc and toxic debates about racism and the far right etc which are horrible horrible things but that goes without saying  

Edited by Baldrick - 28 Feb 2021 at 8:21pm
AKA pedantic kunt
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2021 at 8:24pm

I knew it wasnt just me as loads had said it me offline but glad a few more have posted also. 

My fear is the site becomes zero craic and is just like Twitter or any other forum and full of culture wars etc and toxic debates about racism and the far right etc which are horrible horrible things but that goes without saying  
What do you provide in the way of craic?

Have you thought about setting up a designated "Banter Bus" or "Craic House" thread?

How would one debate Covid in a banterful way?

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2021 at 8:24pm

You're not exactly contributing much to alleviate these fears all the same Tongue

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2021 at 8:27pm

Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Why do you bother?

Posting on this site? 

Avid follower of Irish football for a start. Have always enjoyed the forum and have made some good friends along the way too. I tend to come here to follow results and talk sh*te and have certainly never taken it seriously. It’s not that sort of place. 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 590591592593594 839>
  Share Topic