You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coronavirus - Remain Calm. Do Not Panic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 580581582583584 839>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 10:50am
So the yanks havent signed up to the Covax alliance to share vaccines with poor countries? f**k they are ballbags haha
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 10:50am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

In more positive news, it looks like we are planning to have 80% vaccinated by the end of June, which is great. High risk moved up the list after over 70s are done, which again I think is very positive news. Hopefully it could even improve with new vaccines like Novavax. 

Hospital numbers falling, although ICU not quite as much. Positivity rate falling and hopefully will continue to do so. 

And the days are getting brighter. 

Get into the garden if you have one, go for a walk, go for a run. We're nearly there

Are you saying all of that is healthier than arguing on the internet.   What about the people we disagree with. Surely you don’t recommend that we let them away with having opinions not in tandem with ours.   
Imagine being all day on a discussion forum and constantly criticising other people for using the same discussion forum

Imagine having actual opinions you can back up

No, let's go for the Putinist narrative of all opinions are of equal merit and there being no such a thing as truth

sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 10:53am
Originally posted by theheff1989 theheff1989 wrote:

Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Originally posted by theheff1989 theheff1989 wrote:

Get the feeling from this thread, some will be disappointed, when Covid is gone, they will have nothing to talk about anymore. 

The heavy use of commas make it sound like a song

Get the feeling from this thread, 
Some will be disappointed............, 
when Covid is gone, 
they will have nothing to talk about anymore............

A song would make people happy. We will have none of that. 
In your previous post you said pandemics make people happy, make up your mind LOL
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 10:54am
I see gript media have some how gotten a hold of ISAG correspondence relating to their push for a zero-covid approach.

Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 10:56am
Originally posted by Deane Deane wrote:

So the yanks havent signed up to the Covax alliance to share vaccines with poor countries? f**k they are ballbags haha

Where are you seeing this? I thought it was one of the first things Biden did when coming to office with the States being the largest single contributor to the fund?

tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 11:00am
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

I see gript media have some how gotten a hold of ISAG correspondence relating to their push for a zero-covid approach.

if gript told me it was three in the afternoon, I'd still check for sunlight

Edited by tetsujin1979 - 24 Feb 2021 at 11:01am
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 11:09am
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

I don’t think Lockdowns are supposed to last nearly 170 days, I think you’re doing it wrong if that’s the case. 
Lockdowns are supposed to be short & sharp and have maximum effect, and when done right they will. 
What we have is a sort of lockdown limbo whereby results are improving incredibly slowly so we leave the status quo in place. 

But we’re top of the lockdown league anyway Clap
The problem has never been lockdown

The problem has been the consistent rejection of a plan to keep cases down when they are got down

We're regressing to basic stuff here
No sh*t. 
It’s the result of rubbish leadership from a rubbish government.

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 11:09am
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

In more positive news, it looks like we are planning to have 80% vaccinated by the end of June, which is great. High risk moved up the list after over 70s are done, which again I think is very positive news. Hopefully it could even improve with new vaccines like Novavax. 

Hospital numbers falling, although ICU not quite as much. Positivity rate falling and hopefully will continue to do so. 

Get into the garden if you have one, go for a walk, go for a run. We're nearly there

Are you saying all of that is healthier than arguing on the internet.   What about the people we disagree with. Surely you don’t recommend that we let them away with having opinions not in tandem with ours.   
Imagine being all day on a discussion forum and constantly criticising other people for using the same discussion forum

Imagine having actual opinions you can back up

No, let's go for the Putinist narrative of all opinions are of equal merit and there being no such a thing as truth

You are right Sid.  Everybody else on this forum is wrong.  You have the whole world worked out and if only everybody just listened to you.  We would be alright.  It’s time the forum was renamed to You Boys in Sid in tribute to your sterling work. 

By the way one of the lads told me there is a lad on a Liverpool forum who doesn’t believe in lockdowns.  I thought you might like to know as he needs to be sorted out quickly.  Sorry I can’t give more details on what Liverpool forum it is.  

Edited by Baldrick - 24 Feb 2021 at 11:10am
AKA pedantic kunt
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 11:12am
Lads, not again ffs, knock it on the head now, be a month next time 
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 11:18am
Originally posted by tetsujin1979 tetsujin1979 wrote:

if gript told me it was three in the afternoon, I'd still check for sunlight
Aye! 
I was sympathetic to the zero covid approach at one stage but I don't think we have the capacity to do it. 

Too many mountains need to be moved and saying we could be like New Zealand by May is a false person.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 11:19am
Nvidic before you came along as mod Sausy set up a quality thread having a laugh about my posts.  It was all good banter and it was taken in that spirit.  

To quote The Joker on this.  Why so serious!!!  The forum is gone to dogs with the seriousness and spamming and lack of sense of humour and there are loads of quality posters who want nothing to do with the place as a result and barely post.

Covid is deadly serious but online forums are not and online football forums are certainly not.  

Edited by Baldrick - 24 Feb 2021 at 11:20am
AKA pedantic kunt
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 11:25am

Clap

Initially I was not getting too bothered about vaccine news. It was all sounding like it was so far away. But now it’s feeling within touching distance. Cases are way down and it’s getting brighter. Kids back to school in a few weeks. Things certainly on the up and way more positive about the current situation 

Edited by t_rAndy - 24 Feb 2021 at 11:26am
Trigboy 10 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigboy 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 11:32am
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Should give Baldrick 6 months think everyone is tired of him now.

Edited by Trigboy 10 - 24 Feb 2021 at 11:32am
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 11:37am
Originally posted by Trigboy 10 Trigboy 10 wrote:

Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Should give Baldrick 6 months think everyone is tired of him now.

At least , and if it did happen he would still say what have i done .LOL
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 11:40am
It’s mild enough, the two lads are only having a discussion where they’re disagreeing on something 

9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 11:41am
No need to ban anyone
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 11:45am

Nvidic before you came along as mod Sausy set up a quality thread having a laugh about my posts.  It was all good banter and it was taken in that spirit.  

To quote The Joker on this.  Why so serious!!!  The forum is gone to dogs with the seriousness and spamming and lack of sense of humour and there are loads of quality posters who want nothing to do with the place as a result and barely post.

Covid is deadly serious but online forums are not and online football forums are certainly not.  

I've no problem with 'good banter' but your post was trying to deliberately provoke someone into reacting to you, Where's the good humour in that? You were both banned for it before as it was taking over numerous threads, you're back a week and at it again.

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 11:51am

Aye! 
I was sympathetic to the zero covid approach at one stage but I don't think we have the capacity to do it. 

Too many mountains need to be moved and saying we could be like New Zealand by May is a false person.

Also, NZ has had to approach it in a "Whack-a-Mole" sense, with short and sharp lockdowns when new cases occur. This is one of the most robust forms of efforts to tackle it, but it would still make "Zero-Covid" something of a misnomer. . And that is aside from the political, geographic, and social factors which made it possible there, and would be difficult to replicate in other parts of the world. Where the inevitable binary has come in (and I was waiting for it) is between those who believe in various levels of lockdown (even very, very robust ones), and those who believe in zero covid, with some of  the latter arguing that anything short of zero covid is to "live with covid".
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 580581582583584 839>
  Share Topic