You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coronavirus - Remain Calm. Do Not Panic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 574575576577578 839>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2021 at 6:35pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

https://twitter.com/bbclaurak/status/1363881302483759104

More from the 60 page document from Boris.

UK Gov only intend to fully vaccinate 66% of its population. In other words, if you're 18-49 with no issues, you aint getting 2 doses.

Once again you keep making stuff up to suit your flawed argument. 

Every adult who wants a vaccine (x2) will get one.
You can’t force people to take it and as crazy as it sounds, over 20% of the population will not take it. 

The remaining % is young children which to use your analogy that make no sense, would be like giving a 1/2 or full pint to a child. 

coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2021 at 6:40pm
Flawed argument says the man who tried to get me ring my GP as he personally thinks it's time I got dose. LOL 

What a boomer.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2021 at 6:44pm

https://twitter.com/bbclaurak/status/1363881302483759104

More from the 60 page document from Boris.

UK Gov only intend to fully vaccinate 66% of its population. In other words, if you're 18-49 with no issues, you aint getting 2 doses.
Not all vaccines require two doses.

Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2021 at 6:46pm

Flawed argument says the man who tried to get me ring my GP as he personally thinks it's time I got dose. LOL 

What a boomer.

YOU are on here telling everybody you are high risk!

If you are actually high risk you should have got the vaccine already or been contacted. 

If you made that up like some of your other stories that’s not really my fault. 

coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2021 at 6:56pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

What a boomer.

If you are actually high risk you should have got the vaccine already or been contacted. 

I know NHS workers who still haven't had their 2nd doses yet! Never mind the 65's+

The Govt figures are pulling wools over people's eyes - It aint first come first served, it's if that person dont want the timeslot he or she's given, ring literally anybody who's on the GP's books and then it creates a backlog

Like this chap who decided because he's a Tory MP he felt the need to jump the entire queue - https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-conservative-mp-brendan-clarke-smith-40-defends-accepting-offer-of-left-over-vaccine-12199343

This fit and health 40 y/o took a vaccine when there's a high risk who could of had it instead, but because he got one, he goes onto the figures. 

Edited by coyne - 22 Feb 2021 at 6:57pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2021 at 7:36pm
I’m torn,

On the one hand you have the British Medical association and a separate report from Israel supporting the delayed second vaccine as one does gives you a high efficiency over a number of weeks.

But then we have an ex MMA fighter who posts on YBIG saying one dose is not worth a f**k, in his words, it’s like a half pint. 

Both arguments are compelling and backed up by sufficient data and due diligence.

I’m not sure who I should believe. 

gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2021 at 8:11pm
England is the only country in world not giving the 2nd dose after 21 days .
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
JohnSwift View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnSwift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2021 at 8:36pm
I’m in London this week and it’s noticeable how much busier Central London is. I was over in mid-January when it felt very quiet. The numbers on the trains and tubes have increased in the past month and more people seem to be going to their offices.

I’m impressed with what I’ve watched of the press briefing by Boris and Co this evening. It confirms that they consider the virus to be endemic - its here to stay and is another dose that needs to be managed. Also, the loosening of their restrictions isn’t tied to the R number, which becomes less important as the elderly and vulnerable are vaccinated. This approach effectively rules out the idea of Zero Covid on these islands.

In some respects, the UK approach and the rapid rollout of their vaccine puts the pressure on the Irish Government to take a more considered approach and adopt less draconian restrictions. We live in hope!

Edited by JohnSwift - 22 Feb 2021 at 8:37pm
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2021 at 8:54pm

I’m torn,

On the one hand you have the British Medical association and a separate report from Israel supporting the delayed second vaccine as one does gives you a high efficiency over a number of weeks.

But then we have an ex MMA fighter who posts on YBIG saying one dose is not worth a f**k, in his words, it’s like a half pint. 

Both arguments are compelling and backed up by sufficient data and due diligence.

LOLLOL
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2021 at 9:08pm
Completely deflected away from the original topic like a complete whopper LOL
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2021 at 9:21pm
Question for Sid. 
How do you think this is going to play out in England now after Boris's lockdown exit plan was laid out today?

BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2021 at 9:22pm

I’m torn,

LOL
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2021 at 9:34pm

Completely deflected away from the original topic like a complete whopper LOL
You’re some man LOLClap
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2021 at 9:46pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

Denmark are being praised for their vaccine roll out as being one of the best in Europe and are doing it within 6 weeks. 

The UK gave out 17M doses (the first one) before Countries like Japan / Aus / NZ have even administered 1 single dose to anybody. 

Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2021 at 9:58pm

Denmark are being praised for their vaccine roll out as being one of the best in Europe and are doing it within 6 weeks. 

The UK gave out 17M doses (the first one) before Countries like Japan / Aus / NZ have even administered 1 single dose to anybody. 

Think Europe will make ground on the UK in the second and third quarter - they may not ‘catch’ the UK but they did have a 4 week start as they took a flyer on approval 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2021 at 9:59pm

Denmark seem to be banking on supply staying consistent. SAGE modelling still seem to be predicting a fourth wave in UK under various assumptions. Ideally that any further wave won't lead to hospitalisations and or deaths.
AonSceal19 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AonSceal19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2021 at 10:36pm

What a boomer.

I know NHS workers who still haven't had their 2nd doses yet! Never mind the 65's+

The Govt figures are pulling wools over people's eyes - It aint first come first served, it's if that person dont want the timeslot he or she's given, ring literally anybody who's on the GP's books and then it creates a backlog

Like this chap who decided because he's a Tory MP he felt the need to jump the entire queue - https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-conservative-mp-brendan-clarke-smith-40-defends-accepting-offer-of-left-over-vaccine-12199343

This fit and health 40 y/o took a vaccine when there's a high risk who could of had it instead, but because he got one, he goes onto the figures. 

I got a text saying I was added to high risk category. In my 20s and diabetic. I thought it was a piss take. I understand maybe being a bit more vulnerable than a fully healthy adult but I seriously doubt my life would be in danger if I caught covid.
“Randolph sends it long…and Shane Long is in behind the German defence… Shane Long against Neuer…. 1-0!.. What a moment!”
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2021 at 10:43pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Question for Sid. 
How do you think this is going to play out in England now after Boris's lockdown exit plan was laid out today?

I don't know, but we should hope it works

I am far from convinced it will and indeed the British Government itself is effectively saying it won't as they are predicting at least another 30k deaths - which is not success

A lot of it depends on things we don't yet know, such as how much vaccines prevent transmission in the real world, and what the actual take up of the vaccines will be - Israel is already running into the problems I flagged - where a lot of young people are not bothering to get the vaccine, this was on C4 News tonight

In the longer term it will depend on how long vaccines last, and no super variant arising 

We should also understand why the Tories are doing what they're doing - the Johnson government handled the pandemic as disastrously as any government in the world and is prepared to gamble in the hope that they will look good if this works

Or they are playing to a constituency who have been suckered into a mindset of "we need hope", rather than caution and honesty

Plus they're desperate to steal an economic march on Europe, no matte the cost in human terms

They gambled with early approval of vaccines and were proved right on that - I do trust British science as a broad institution - but this is a much different situation which is overwhelmingly a political decision, not a science one

Even if it works - and the definition of what "works" will be very much in the eye of the beholder (as I said 30k dead would certainly not count as success in my eyes, as I take human life seriously) - it's hardly responsible government - it's a desperate gamble

I don't know what percentage of the English population will be vaccinated come June 21st - but if it's a significant percentage, ie. greater than say, 30%, and if they go ahead with releasing the remaining restrictions, as they are saying, that would be a let it rip scenario among the remaining unvaccinated

That would be a very bad idea I think

I think the Tories are also willing to go with this because their own voters are so stupid and if even if goes wrong, or lifting of restrictions has to be pushed back, their media is so compliant and clientilist that they will spin it positively

It does at least contain provisions for stopping the progressive lifting of restrictions if things don't go to plan, but actually rowing back if something goes disastrously will be hard

If it does work, it will be at least spring 2022 before we actually know - because next winter will be the acid test

The Brexiteers, who are insane and want opening up now, act as a sort of safety valve for Johnson - ie. he's being more cautious than they want, so that means he can spin himself as a "sensible middle ground" guy

If Labour had presided over the last year, there would be calls to shoot any Labour PM - it just shows how the UK media has effectively created a one party state

I think it creates significant headaches for our government, ie. dunderheads will point to the Brits and demand the same thing here, when copying them is highly unlikely to be a good idea for public health

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 574575576577578 839>
  Share Topic