You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coronavirus - Remain Calm. Do Not Panic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 534535536537538 839>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2021 at 11:12pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

https://www.thejournal.ie/vaccine-vials-incorrectly-stored-5336267-Jan2021/

stored incorrectly, down the toilet. 

Welsh Government were in the news not too long ago for binning their doses Thumbs Down

Apparently it's protocol in England/Scotland/NI to give people last minute appointments based on the priority queue for any leftover vaccines but they've just been binning them
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2021 at 11:16pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

When do you think weddings will be back to normal? (Full capacity, over 100 guests)

By normal do you mean splashing 50k on overcooked beef and a Joe Dylan tribute band? 

Yip. Great times
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2021 at 11:39pm
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

Contracts were concluded to buy 400 million doses of Astrazeneca, 600 million doses of the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine, 300 million doses of the French Sanofi-GSK vaccine, and 400 million doses of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine.

There are further contracts for 160 million doses of the Moderna vaccine, 405 million doses of CureVac and there are talks with Novavax with a view to purchasing up to 200 million doses.

https://amp.rte.ie/amp/1189121/

That's a lot of vaccines for 450 million odd people.

There will be a massive surplus. Will they be redistributed elsewhere I wonder? 

They may need to vaccinate everyone again in a years time. Thats still up in the air
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2021 at 6:35am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-johnson-johnson-results-idUSKBN29V197
Great news. This one is the game changer lads. Single dose, easy store and good reported efficacy in studies so far. 

Do we know how many the EU and Ireland are due to get Balders? 

I don’t know.  As soon as I know I will post. 

The EU have ordered 400M which is enough for everybody in the EU.
Once again the issue will be supply of J&J. Given it’s once dose and high efficiency it will be in big demand in all the rich countries.

People are crazy to think everybody will be vaccinated before the summer. It will be closer to the end of the year.

But the restrictions can be lifted in phases. Need to get the high risk category completed first and see what the numbers are like.

Edited by Zinedine Kilbane 110 - 27 Jan 2021 at 6:49am

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2021 at 6:54am
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

https://www.thejournal.ie/vaccine-vials-incorrectly-stored-5336267-Jan2021/

stored incorrectly, down the toilet. 

Welsh Government were in the news not too long ago for binning their doses Thumbs Down

Apparently it's protocol in England/Scotland/NI to give people last minute appointments based on the priority queue for any leftover vaccines but they've just been binning them

If this was published before the Coombe hospital incident they would be applauded for not letting any doses go to waste.

Over 100 doses is such a waste. 

coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2021 at 8:59am
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-johnson-johnson-results-idUSKBN29V197
Great news. This one is the game changer lads. Single dose, easy store and good reported efficacy in studies so far. 

Do we know how many the EU and Ireland are due to get Balders? 

I don’t know.  As soon as I know I will post. 

The EU have ordered 400M which is enough for everybody in the EU.
Once again the issue will be supply of J&J. Given it’s once dose and high efficiency it will be in big demand in all the rich countries.

People are crazy to think everybody will be vaccinated before the summer. It will be closer to the end of the year.

But the restrictions can be lifted in phases. Need to get the high risk category completed first and see what the numbers are like.

It all depends on how much countries are investing into this.

The English government for example, are throwing everything and the kitchen sink into this. They were on course to have everyone vaccinated by July, until the Pfizer announcement came.

How? They're planning on making the major vaccination HUBs 24/7 and rolling them out into Boots stores.
With just the AZ vaccines they're still on course to have everyone over 50 vaccinated by March, it's some serious speed they're going at.

The major thing which could kill the entire plan is talk last week of the South African variant bypassing the vaccines, and any future variants.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2021 at 9:15am
more cases of covid in January in Ireland than all of 2020.
AKA pedantic kunt
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2021 at 9:18am

When do you think weddings will be back to normal? (Full capacity, over 100 guests)

By normal do you mean splashing 50k on overcooked beef and a Joe Dolan tribute band? 
That sounds unreal right now Clap
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2021 at 9:28am
I agree Coyner, if there is no supply issues everybody can be vaccinated by end of July in the UK (at least everybody who wants one)

If by March we have Pfizer, AZ, Moderna and J&J available then the supply should not be a problem.

UK : approx 50M people x 2 doses = 100M
Say they get to 10M end of Jan.

Then 15M a month means they finish end of July.  The UK can do 0.5M a day so it’s certainly doable. 

But Id say this is best case to have everybody done by August. 

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2021 at 9:34am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

By normal do you mean splashing 50k on overcooked beef and a Joe Dolan tribute band? 

Surely you guys aren’t thinking of doing the same for your 2nd wedding?

I’m definitely planning on just having my second one in Turks and Caicos. A nice long holiday doing nothing but drinking cocktails and cold beers by the ocean. I can’t wait for it. 

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2021 at 10:14am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

I would take lockdown, thanks.LOL
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2021 at 1:28pm

We had to take the difficult decision to postpone both the registry part in April and the ceremony in June. I know it pales in insignificence compared to the death of family members etc but it's a kick in the nuts. With no gigs/matches and being able to play football they were the only things to look forward to this year. I knew for a while June wouldn't be a runner but April is a body blow. Her parents/ family wouldn't have been able to travel so no point in going ahead with it to go back to my parents after to drink tea. In one sense it's a weight off the shoulders as I don't need to be constantly looking at and predicting what levels are going to be like but still a blow all the same. If I felt the vaccines were going to be the beginning of the end I would be hopeful but from what they were coming out with yesterday 2021 could be a right off. The registry part has been fixed for October and the ceremony next year so I hope ta f**k we can get on with our lives by then
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2021 at 1:32pm
A cousin of mine's son in law aged 34 with no underlying conditions has passed away due to covid. They are utterly heartbroken. All 4 in the family home caught it, the others recovered but unfortunately he didnt. Shook me this morning hearing the news.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2021 at 1:34pm

A cousin of mine's son in law aged 34 with no underlying conditions has passed away due to covid. They are utterly heartbroken. All 4 in the family home caught it, the others recovered but unfortunately he didnt. Shook me this morning hearing the news.
Hummm it really hits you when you know someone Cry
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2021 at 1:38pm
That RTE clip of all the flights from Spain is some joke. 
ChesterCopperpot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2021 at 3:01pm
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2021 at 3:03pm

Ah jaysus that's awful, I'm so sorry to hear that McG.
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2021 at 3:26pm

That is absolutely tragic and also terrifying. A year older than myself. 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 534535536537538 839>
  Share Topic