You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coronavirus - Remain Calm. Do Not Panic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 527528529530531 839>
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slow & Blind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 5:16pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

The problem is for the people who are eligible in the UK, it's like a well done for catching it.

In my situation I'd get £500 for catching it, 4 weeks of Tax Credits as per normal and then after 14 days I'd just work for the remaining 50 hours.
If I were to go around licking public toilet seats I would earn close to 2 grand for that month - About £1600, it's madnessLOL

Can understand why they'd do it for full-time workers, it's 80 hours work lost, which assuming on a minimum wage is about £680.
Are you a bit of a snedger Coyne? 
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 6:09pm
the new variant from the UK has a higher mortality rate it seems.  Not surprised by this. I have felt there was certainly more deaths recently of people in their 40s and 50s that didnt seem to be happening before. 
AKA pedantic kunt
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 6:33pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

the new variant from the UK has a higher mortality rate it seems.  Not surprised by this. I have felt there was certainly more deaths recently of people in their 40s and 50s that didnt seem to be happening before. 
Is that due to it being more transmissible so a great proportion are catching it?
hulkhogan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hulkhogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 7:57pm
Depressing news from UK. Virus will be around forever, new variant more deadly, vaccine won't work against African variant. Gonna turn off everything for the weekend. Unbelievably depressing
Whacha gonna do
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 7:59pm
Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I turned back from the path by the river earlier as it was too busy, no masks anywhere.  The park on the other side was the same.  Went to local small supermarket and was only one of two wearing a mask.  That's just me and just today! Construction sites are still open. Most companies, including the small company where I work, have done nothing to try and stop the spread, until it was far too late.
There's many reasons for it,  and I'm in one of the better towns!

As in Ireland, it is not illegal to not wear masks outdoors in the UK. So surprise surprise, they're not worn. 

In France and Italy, it is illegal to not wear masks outdoors. Despite being forced to wear them, thousands still contract and die from the virus there every week. 

Lockdown is probably the most effective tool to drive infections and death rates down. Nothing else seems to work. How long the public can cope with it is a different matter.

Catching up on about 60 posts there. Once I saw masks mentioned I knew Jim Carrey here would be on commentingLOLLOL
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 8:09pm
Originally posted by hulkhogan hulkhogan wrote:

Depressing news from UK. Virus will be around forever, new variant more deadly, vaccine won't work against African variant. Gonna turn off everything for the weekend. Unbelievably depressing

Cmon HH plenty of things to be thankful/ grateful for 

Looked out the bedroom this morning and there was a fox and 2 cubs in the neighbours garden 

Thumbs Up

Edited by Newryrep - 22 Jan 2021 at 8:11pm
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 8:10pm
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

Is that due to it being more transmissible so a great proportion are catching it?

AKA pedantic kunt
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 8:11pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Looked out the bedroom this morning and there was a fox and 2 cubs in the neighbours garden 
Foxs living near me doing my head in
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 8:25pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Foxs living near me doing my head in

It’s cat central round here hopefully the foxes take out a few 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 8:35pm
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 8:39pm

Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Surely less disgusting ways to get COVID than licking toilet seats Coyner?

Well, I like to exaggerate sometimes.

I've got €20 with your name on it for a vid of you licking a public toilet seat Coyner. We can hit the £500 mark by this evening with some decent marketing. I'll obviously need to take a cut as your agent on this project. 

LOLLOL

You're cracking me up laughing today MC Hammered.

Unfortunately it'll be hard to market as it's not a new thing in Dublin as toilet seat licking as already been done plus a bit more such as car door licking and train seat licking.

We gotta find something exclusive now.
They were licking toilets in Dublin long before covid and they will be doing it long after. It's a sort of hobby.
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 8:43pm
Originally posted by Pipkin Pipkin wrote:

Not good news for vaccine rollout:

terrible news if confirmed. 
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 9:12pm

A 30% higher lethality is obviously very bad - but 55% higher transmissibility is actually a lot worse for the death rate on a population scale.

30% higher lethality means that in a situation where you would previously have had 100 deaths, you now 130 - but 55% more transmissibility means an exponentially higher number of deaths - even at the same lethality. 

When you combine increased lethality with increased transmissibility, it's disastrous.

Edit: not death rate - I meant actual numbers of deaths

Edited by sid waddell - 22 Jan 2021 at 9:22pm
EdisonCavani View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdisonCavani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 9:15pm
Astrazenaca and all the other pharma companies were always likely to over promise in order to get the contracts signed with the EU and governments. That’s the way big business works. 
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 9:20pm
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

It's not great but at the same time, it's less than 5% of the population those vaccines would've covered 
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 9:22pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

It's not great but at the same time, it's less than 5% of the population those vaccines would've covered 

Astra Zeneca? That was a substantial order I thought? 

Edited by MayoMark - 22 Jan 2021 at 9:23pm
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 9:37pm

Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Astra Zeneca? That was a substantial order I thought? 

A 60% reduction for Ireland on the numbers in the tweet would be about 465,000 vaccines, two doses needed so 242,500 people, 4.7% of the population that would cover! Not ideal but it's not the end of the world either 
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 9:39pm
It ain't as bad as feared when Vidic puts it like that. 
Also on the SA variant. There are signs the vaccine MAY not be AS effective. 
They can also adapt it in six weeks to del with the SA variant. 
All is not lost just yet
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 527528529530531 839>
  Share Topic