You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coronavirus - Remain Calm. Do Not Panic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 509510511512513 839>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 7:20pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Another good article by Naomi O'Leary here. 

Can't believe the Danes are so on the ball and we aren't, actually I can. What's a lot more surprising is the slowness of the Dutch, very uncharacteristic.

How Denmark is administering vaccines at three times the rate of Ireland

Europe Letter: Danes have vaccinated 2% of their population and even ran out of doses

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/europe/how-denmark-is-administering-vaccines-at-three-times-the-rate-of-ireland-1.4457739

So it turns out we are 2nd in Europe,behind Denmark Clap

11th in the world I read earlier 
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 7:21pm
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

Can't believe the Danes are so on the ball and we aren't, actually I can. What's a lot more surprising is the slowness of the Dutch, very uncharacteristic.

Europe Letter: Danes have vaccinated 2% of their population and even ran out of doses

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/europe/how-denmark-is-administering-vaccines-at-three-times-the-rate-of-ireland-1.4457739

Clap
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 7:29pm
[QUOTE=MayoMark][/QUOTE]just in time for the home game against Serbia

Edited by Dalymount79 - 14 Jan 2021 at 7:31pm
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 7:34pm

EU not europe. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 7:34pm
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

Looks like we are 7th
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 7:38pm
Even better!
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 7:57pm
we should apply for a spot in the euros
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 8:36pm
Originally posted by Neil Armstrong Neil Armstrong wrote:

Lads heres one for ye to chew on

Vets, why cant vets be given the vaccine and help vaccinate the Country? Why Not? its only a little injection the sooner everyone gets vaccinated the better, yes/no? Summer could be saved maybe even Easter, on a side note Boots UK suppose have the vaccine good news for people living in the Border Counties.
Because vets work mad hours attending to animals...They are extremely stretched as it is. I wouldn't let a vet near a vaccine. Their level of care injecting an animal is very different to a human...I was a guinea pig in this study as after my operation to remove the cancerous lump I needed to give myself an injection every day for 3 weeks. I was a chicken and couldn't do it. my partner (a vet) was more than happy to administer it. She was 100% times rougher than the doctors and nursesLOLLOL Seriously though, they are really stretched as it is and it isn't a runner
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 8:48pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Originally posted by Wheelo Wheelo wrote:

Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

I think the wearing of masks will become more prevalent post-pandemic. It's really not an inconvenience for the vast majority of people without respiratory problems.

Sanitizers in public places should remain in place too.

Hopefully you’re wrong. Our immune systems will weaken if we’re constantly wearing masks and sanitising hands. Meaning our bodies will take even bigger hit if we get infections, etc.

This virus will be around for years. We’re going to have social distancing, tests, masks, etc for a long time yet while authorities are reacting to the virus. I don’t think this vaccination process over the next few months will be the silver bullet everyone’s expecting either. 

Doesn't seem to have an impact on Korean and Japanese and Chinese immune systems where this is quite common. 

How common is it? I've never been, but from working in the airport I'd only see a small percentage of those wearing masks before all this. But come here, whether all these lads wear them or not, with the amount of mad stuff, wild animals in hygienic conditions, etc, these lads eat id imagine theyve built up decent immune systems.

But think about very young kids now, if theyve to wear masks, sanitise all the time, etc they'll never have a chance to build up a decent immune system.  I was never good at science, in fact I'd fail the most popular section in biology Cry, but I'd think its quite logical that if your body is not exposed to weaker germs, itll hit your body harder when its exposed to more dangerous ones.

Regardless, as I said, this reaction to corona is going to go on for years Cry

Edited by Wheelo - 14 Jan 2021 at 8:48pm
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 8:48pm

We're a cert to draw them in the Covid Vaccination Cup
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 9:09pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

LOL
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 9:17pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

We'll surely need a couple of friendlies to prepare for it - are Oman or Georgia free? LOL
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
deco911 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Reg Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deco911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2021 at 8:24am
Listen to David McWilliams podcast. He had a scientist on yesterday explaining the vaccine and how it’s new type of vaccine and how it works. Very good listen.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2021 at 8:50am
He's had some good guests on over the last few months speaking about the pandemic and the vaccine and the varying approaches from countries like Sweden, Israel, etc.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2021 at 9:03am

He's had some good guests on over the last few months speaking about the pandemic and the vaccine and the varying approaches from countries like Sweden, Israel, etc.

He should get Planning on to hear from somebody who has a different opinion 

The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2021 at 9:22am
That's a patreon episode.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2021 at 9:26am

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

I think the wearing of masks will become more prevalent post-pandemic. It's really not an inconvenience for the vast majority of people without respiratory problems.

Sanitizers in public places should remain in place too.

Hopefully you’re wrong. Our immune systems will weaken if we’re constantly wearing masks and sanitising hands. Meaning our bodies will take even bigger hit if we get infections, etc.

This virus will be around for years. We’re going to have social distancing, tests, masks, etc for a long time yet while authorities are reacting to the virus. I don’t think this vaccination process over the next few months will be the silver bullet everyone’s expecting either. 

Doesn't seem to have an impact on Korean and Japanese and Chinese immune systems where this is quite common. 

How common is it? I've never been, but from working in the airport I'd only see a small percentage of those wearing masks before all this. But come here, whether all these lads wear them or not, with the amount of mad stuff, wild animals in hygienic conditions, etc, these lads eat id imagine theyve built up decent immune systems.

But think about very young kids now, if theyve to wear masks, sanitise all the time, etc they'll never have a chance to build up a decent immune system.  I was never good at science, in fact I'd fail the most popular section in biology Cry, but I'd think its quite logical that if your body is not exposed to weaker germs, itll hit your body harder when its exposed to more dangerous ones.

Regardless, as I said, this reaction to corona is going to go on for years Cry

And this right here is the problem with the internet LOL
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2021 at 9:40am
1LOLLOL
AKA pedantic kunt
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 509510511512513 839>
  Share Topic