You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coronavirus - Remain Calm. Do Not Panic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 502503504505506 839>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 12:15pm
I’m may -sept 2021. Diabetes pushing me up the ladderBig smile
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 1:40pm
Originally posted by BigPodge BigPodge wrote:

Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

He's gone downhill a bit over the last couple days I'm afraid Podge. They think he has a touch of pneumonia, he's off his food and sleeping a lot, the doctor said they were going to put a tube in his nose to feed him and he's already on IV for fluids. They're not certain if it's Covid associated or aspiration pneumomia - where you get an infection due to food going down the wrong way - he did have a touch of this back in early November when he was in hospital before but he recovered well from that. We're told his blood oxygen levels are good, but my feeling is the pneumonia is probably Covid related, he's on Day 10 so that would be consistent with a classic progression of the disease, so we can only wait and hope really, even if he gets through it he probably would have a long recovery road ahead of him, and unfortunately he's not in the best position anyway to sustain a journey like that. 

I saw on Twitter that former Mayo player Conor Mortimer's Dad passed away with what seems to be hospital acquired Covid - he was in the same hospital as my Dad, UCHG. Very sad and hits close to home for me. 

Sorry to hear Sid, he's in my thoughts and fingers crossed he gets through this!
Same. Hopefully will be through it all soon
Some people just deserve a slap
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 2:04pm
Hope your Father improves Sid Thumbs Up
It would damage this forums' reputation
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 2:18pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

I’m may -sept 2021. Diabetes pushing me up the ladderBig smile
sweet
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 2:40pm
Positivity rate on swabs has gone back up from 13.82% yesterday to 16.35% today

I fear we may see a rebound up again as the UK variant takes full hold
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 2:43pm
With 6k more tests than the day before.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Fruice View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 2:47pm

You can’t really take a sample of 1 and hopefully just a a blip.
It should be going down interactions are away down.
Another key indicator would be the actual numbers of swaps taken if this is down we are heading in the right direction.
The word on the ground is that it’s quieter at GP level than it was last week which is a good indicator of things moving in a positive direction.
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 3:02pm
Originally posted by Fruice Fruice wrote:

You can’t really take a sample of 1 and hopefully just a a blip.
It should be going down interactions are away down.
Another key indicator would be the actual numbers of swaps taken if this is down we are heading in the right direction.
The word on the ground is that it’s quieter at GP level than it was last week which is a good indicator of things moving in a positive direction.
I hope it's just a blip, but the cold, hard logic of a variant which is at least 55% more transmissible is very worrying

That variant has increased from 10 to 25 to 45% of our cases - the 45% figure was two or three days back, based on samples which presumably were taken several days previously - so the 45% figure would be from at least a week ago

You'd have to imagine that 45% figure has probably increased to at least 55-60% right now

As that percentage moves up, the cold hard logic of a more transmissible variant predominating takes over - it will be harder to get the number of cases down, and if and when there's any release or relaxing of restrictions, or adherence to them reduces, the ability of the virus to spread and increase the amount of cases much more quickly takes over

Edited by sid waddell - 13 Jan 2021 at 3:03pm
dundon13 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dundon13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

7000 HSE staff out currently. 

Some of which are out because they can't access childcare, madness.
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 3:33pm
There will be a jump again soon as they start testing close contacts again. But the overall trajectory is downward, which is the most important thing.
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 3:39pm
You know how with the first lockdown the over 70s were advised to "cocoon". How come that doesn't seem to be the advice now this time? 
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 3:59pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Why bother?   Eh because it might help save lives and also stop people getting very sick and hospitals can go back.to treating other illnesses. 

It's not doing any of the above. It's not saving lives, it's not getting infections down, it's not stopping people getting very sick, it's not getting rid of masks, it's not ending restrictions, and it's not returning life to normal. If anything the opposite is happening. And you can say not enough people have been vaccinated. Enough people have now got it, here and elsewhere, for there to be a modest improvement in the general situation. Unfortunately there's no sign of it yet. 

From a sports perspective, there's no chance of the Euros/Olympics going to plan unless the vaccines work. I'm not anti vaccine, if we could ditch the masks afterwards I would be banging down the door of the HSE for it tomorrow, but if it doesn't help us fight the virus, it's a waste of time imo. 

Edited by planning - 13 Jan 2021 at 4:28pm
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 4:07pm
the people who are getting sick are people who haven’t had the vaccine Ffs.  How can you blame the vaccine.  

How many people have had the 2nd dose in Ireland.  Very few.  Once you reach a certain amount it will start to dip massively along with coming out of winter. 

AKA pedantic kunt
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 4:27pm
Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

Why bother?   Eh because it might help save lives and also stop people getting very sick and hospitals can go back.to treating other illnesses. 

It's not doing any of the above. It's not saving lives, it's not getting infections down, it's not stopping people getting very sick, it's not getting rid of masks, it's not ending restrictions, and it's not returning life to normal. If anything the opposite is happening. And you can say not enough people have been vaccinated. Enough people have now got it, here and elsewhere, for there to be a modest improvement in the general situation. Unfortunately there's no sign of it yet. In Israel, they're all apparantly getting 4 jabs of a vaccine with no sign of improvement. 

From a sports perspective, there's no chance of the Euros/Olympics going to plan unless the vaccines work. I'm not anti vaccine, if we could ditch the masks afterwards I would be banging down the door of the HSE for it tomorrow, but if it doesn't help us fight the virus, it's a waste of time imo. 

Damn straight, two weeks of low scale vaccine roll out, approx 1% of the population vaccinated with one half of the vaccination schedule - not one person with the two doses had, and no sign of any improvement, definitely doesn't work. 

I think we should all give up, quite frankly. 
jamo1 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 4:32pm
Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

It's not doing any of the above. It's not saving lives, it's not getting infections down, it's not stopping people getting very sick, it's not getting rid of masks, it's not ending restrictions, and it's not returning life to normal. If anything the opposite is happening. And you can say not enough people have been vaccinated. Enough people have now got it, here and elsewhere, for there to be a modest improvement in the general situation. Unfortunately there's no sign of it yet. 

29th of December the first vaccination was given in this country 15 days ago, do you honestly think that the numbers will start coming down already when this is rampant all over the country?
Del Boy: You do know what a pyscopath is dont you Grandad

Grandad: Of course i know what a Pyscopath is, its a fella who dresses up in womens clothes.

Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 4:34pm
Jaysus planning...
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 5:03pm

the people who are getting sick are people who haven’t had the vaccine Ffs.  How can you blame the vaccine.  

How many people have had the 2nd dose in Ireland.  Very few.  Once you reach a certain amount it will start to dip massively along with coming out of winter.

The first jab should be at least some protection. If it doesn't have any at all,  and it doesn't look like it so far, there's no guarantee a second will. It's the same vaccine used.

1.5m people in the UK will be infected in January alone at current infection rates there, despite having several weeks head start on the vaccine. The USA? Pickaa number and treble it. If we have a vaccine that works, we should be starting to see a reduction in the numbers by now. That's what it's for. 
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 5:08pm
I dont think you understand science so no point in debating with you. Not surprised you supported trump 
AKA pedantic kunt
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 502503504505506 839>
  Share Topic