You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coronavirus - Remain Calm. Do Not Panic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 500501502503504 839>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2021 at 4:22pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

jesus McG you are sounding like me now :) 
LOLmy thoughts
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2021 at 4:29pm
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

Cheers Zk and Eire.

Good info

I have always thought this vaccine would be rolled out quicker than they were saying. I think we will be in a very strong position by the end of March. Like Pipkin, I'm optimistic!

The numbers now are so dreadful though it's very hard to be positive. Hopefully we see a turn very soon
I'm in the same boat, for too long the Covid news was all negative, cases and deaths growing, businesses struggling, people with mental health problems, and no end in sight. 

Now it's counting the numbers of vaccinated each day, and figuring out what it means for you in the queue. It's a case of bunkering down for a few months, get a jab or two in the arm and this'll all be a thing of the past.

Nobody wants to die (or their parents to die) on the last day of the war!

We'll be out of it soon and then the only large negative figure in our lives will be days since Ireland won a match.
Or scored a goal! Dead
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2021 at 5:25pm
The other two I share an office with both had the vid over Christmas, from a selfish point of view it's fairly handy now as not worried about catching it off them. 

MayoMark, I presume that once there is loads more vaccines available. The pharmacies will be able to purchase them and anyone can buy directly off them if they want to avoid delays with the public option? 

It would damage this forums' reputation
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2021 at 5:43pm
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

The other two I share an office with both had the vid over Christmas, from a selfish point of view it's fairly handy now as not worried about catching it off them. 

MayoMark, I presume that once there is loads more vaccines available. The pharmacies will be able to purchase them and anyone can buy directly off them if they want to avoid delays with the public option? 

They are currently banned from the open market to avoid this.
Everybody will get it through the government for free.

There is unlikely to be any over supply in 2021 given over 4 billion people need it ASAP 

Steve Amsterdam View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I love buses

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Amsterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2021 at 5:53pm
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

How are the folks with covid on here feeling at the moment? Hopefully all better or nearly on the mend.
Lack of taste/flavour the worst. Still not back. Everything just tastes like cardboard.
Molly Malone's pub- The home of YBIG in Amsterdam!
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2021 at 5:53pm
Yeah I read this morning that they are talking with Pharmacies about administering the vaccine when the supply is plentiful, along with GPs.
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2021 at 5:57pm
yeah I dont think it will ever be self administering which is how that post reads 
AKA pedantic kunt
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2021 at 5:57pm
Moderna vaccine first batch arrived this morning. 4000 doses I think. Small but a start

Moderna also confirmed the vaccine gives protection for a year. Currently testing to see if a 3rd dose extends that
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2021 at 6:04pm
46 deaths. Misery. News there said there’s a baby in ICU with it.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2021 at 6:05pm
Why can’t vaccines be made in tablet form?
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2021 at 6:16pm

VD or COVID theres a bit of a difference
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2021 at 6:41pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

No idea but into the arm is probably the quickest and most effective way of getting the job done. 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2021 at 6:47pm

Apple are onto it as we speak
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2021 at 6:48pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Apple are onto it as we speak
iTab
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2021 at 6:53pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

They are currently banned from the open market to avoid this.
Everybody will get it through the government for free.

There is unlikely to be any over supply in 2021 given over 4 billion people need it ASAP 
That answers that 
Thumbs Up
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2021 at 6:56pm

yeah I dont think it will ever be self administering which is how that post reads 

Ah come on a bit of common sense.

€50 please, now here off yah go there and jab yourself around the cornerConfused
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2021 at 6:57pm
lads did anyone read the articles on how complex the process is for administering the Pfizer is and how temperamental it is and it can’t be moved too many times and the dilution process etc.  

Once we move to a far easier vaccine the process will ramp up big time.  

Yet you still get journalists and newspaper stories and tweets saying at current rates it will take 4 years.  Irresponsible journalism imo. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2021 at 7:06pm

Hey i can do it for you if you like ?

Sticking the needle on the end of a harpoon should do the trick .Big smile
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 500501502503504 839>
  Share Topic