You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coronavirus - Remain Calm. Do Not Panic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 429430431432433 839>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2020 at 9:17am
https://www.rte.ie/news/2020/1028/1174484-irish-schools-covid/

Numbers seem quite low to me.

Not sure if there are more accurate figures.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2020 at 9:31am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

You disagree based on that article ? 
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2020 at 9:34am
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

Well you haven’t backed up your point once. That might help? 
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2020 at 9:36am
not disagreeing with you but correlation does not mean causation.   

AKA pedantic kunt
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2020 at 9:40am
I walked past Bushy Park market a couple of weeks ago and there were hundreds at it. Queues and crowds outside coffee shops everywhere too but seems to be nothing said about them but hammer the very few who stand outside with takeaway pints (who the authorities have said weren't breaking rules!). I haven't gone for a takeaway pint yet but if the two of us were out for walk I'd happily stop for a pint or 2.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2020 at 9:45am
I’m not arsed putting up graphs and stuff. 

Look at the Covid app and you will see cases rise when the schools are open and drop when they care closed. Coincidence? Maybe. I just don’t think so and neither do some of the teachers that I know.

Edited by BabbsBalls - 18 Nov 2020 at 9:46am
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2020 at 9:49am
You were steadfast in saying it is absolutely spreading in schools and now it's maybe a coincidence.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Dugs View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2020 at 9:49am
how exactly does a takeaway pint work? if your outside a pub do you have to queue to go in and order it or is there someone at the door of the pub taking orders and going in and getting them? i haven't seen this in action.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2020 at 9:54am

I think there will be active cases in any environment with close contact.

In relation to schools they have tried to circumvent the spread of the virus with the introduction of pods etc and adhering to government guidelines.

The numbers in schools appear to be quite low.
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2020 at 10:07am
Originally posted by Dugs Dugs wrote:

how exactly does a takeaway pint work? if your outside a pub do you have to queue to go in and order it or is there someone at the door of the pub taking orders and going in and getting them? i haven't seen this in action.

My local you have to call and pay over the phone and collect.
Even if you are just walking pass, you can’t order at the door... you must call them over the phone (even at the door) and do it that way! 

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2020 at 10:08am
I dont get the take away pint thing. Granted they have to try any angle to survive but pubs offering 5 pints of beamish for 20 and a carvery dinner delivered. Dead
AS YOU WERE McGx

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2020 at 10:13am
I've been getting takeaway pints from the Conk.

I'd get 2 pints on Sat - sometimes a Friday too.

Absolutely
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2020 at 10:15am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

I dont get the take away pint thing. Granted they have to try any angle to survive but pubs offering 5 pints of beamish for 20 and a carvery dinner delivered. Dead
I had 3 takeaway Guinness on Monday night & they were delish. For me it was a novelty as I just had a bit of a goo on me. 

Order over the phone & collect 5 mins later in the offo Clap

Edited by 9fingers - 18 Nov 2020 at 10:15am
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2020 at 10:15am
I think the increase in case numbers that coincided with the reopening of schools is a consequence of the reopening and not direct transmissions in school settings themselves. There were a lot of communion and confirmations held in September which had been deferred from the spring and resulted in large family get togethers and parties. I think these social gatherings were one of the main catalysts of the second wave. 
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2020 at 10:17am
Prof Luke O Neill was on tv yesterday saying the upward curve was probably down to Halloween & a lot of people mixing, albeit outside. He was hopefull it was only a temporary spike 
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2020 at 10:20am
Sounds like there's anecdotes and theories to back up every argument at the moment.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2020 at 10:20am

You were steadfast in saying it is absolutely spreading in schools and now it's maybe a coincidence.

Yes. I think you would be silly to think it’s not spreading in schools. That’s my take on it. What’s yours ? We rarely know with you as your posts are usually sit on the fence stuff with nice words to make you seem smart.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2020 at 10:29am

Yes. I think you would be silly to think it’s not spreading in schools. That’s my take on it. What’s yours ? We rarely know with you as your posts are usually sit on the fence stuff with nice words to make you seem smart.

I seem to have unintentionally hit a nerve and you attack my intelligence LOLLOL. f**king hell. I just stated the obvious. I asked your opinion because like i said, i hadnt dug deep into the numbers. Yet you appeared so resolute in your thinking but when asked to back it up you asked us to go get our own number and maybe it could be a coincidence.

Check yourself in the mirror there Babbs ffs. 

AS YOU WERE McGx

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 429430431432433 839>
  Share Topic