You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coronavirus - Remain Calm. Do Not Panic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 410411412413414 839>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2020 at 1:35pm
look at Belgium today.  A society not a million miles away from Ireland.  Numbers are huge.  They now have to bring a curfew of 10pm  This meeting up in houses is one of the biggest way this virus spreads esp with drink thrown in and no
Masks and little ventilation and maybe not good hand washing etiquette for
The night. 

Edited by Baldrick - 25 Oct 2020 at 1:36pm
AKA pedantic kunt
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2020 at 1:37pm
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

That’s a bit hypocritical Baldrick. Yesterday you were baffled by unqualified people being adamant they were right yet you now say trap is right 🤷🏼‍♂️

Jaysis Babb talk about nit picking 😀😀 he was right that John swifts actions are selfish and ill thought out.  In relation the overall analysis of how as country we approach this pandemic I think there are many views and over time the ones at the start may not prove to be the dominant ones at the end as the jury is out on the correct approach.   But in level 5 lockdown or even before with community transmission the way it is I think it’s safe to say that John swifts actions of having 6 lads over for cans is wrong and is pretty selfish and lacks any empathy for
Others in society.

Sorry mate. I took that up wrong ! I agree with that. Having a group over for cans is a no for me. 

No bother the point I was making to trap is that swift is clearly in the wrong but by going OTT in personal abuse you give someone who is behaving in a selfish manner a get out of jail card with crazy personal abuse. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2020 at 1:41pm
Call it crazy personal abuse if you like but someone who has total disregard for others and knowingly and deliberately does the exact opposite of what they are asked to do by health experts to protect themselves and more importantly others who are less fortunate deserves a good dose.

I would have zero sympathy if a case like him got Covid bad.  He is asking for it.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2020 at 1:44pm
I would much rather he didn’t get covid and he didn’t then pass it on to anyone else.  That’s a win win in my book.  And that he enjoys his cans in a few months time
As we are back doing such things 
AKA pedantic kunt
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2020 at 1:53pm
Afternoon all , missed  the last 90 posts have we got a cure ?
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
JohnSwift View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnSwift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2020 at 1:58pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Call it crazy personal abuse if you like but someone who has total disregard for others and knowingly and deliberately does the exact opposite of what they are asked to do by health experts to protect themselves and more importantly others who are less fortunate deserves a good dose.

I would have zero sympathy if a case like him got Covid bad.  He is asking for it.

For a fella that loves talking about the need to abide by Covid rules, you can’t even abide by the rules of the forum. Throwing out pathetic personal abuse because you can’t debate with others.

I had cans with mates, something we were all comfortable with. We’ll do it again - the plan is to meet fortnightly. A couple of the lads struggle with mental health issues and have struggled with the isolation of recent months. I’d prefer meet up with them and live life as normal as possible.

Anyone who has taken a cursory glance at the Irish newspapers over the past week will be aware that there is no consensus on what the correct policy approach is. Some commentators feel the move to Level 5 shows scant regard for social and economic considerations. I’d put myself in that camp - decision-making needs to be balanced and people need to be allowed get on with living.

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2020 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Afternoon all , missed  the last 90 posts have we got a cure ?

Nah, just grown men getting furious at other grown men’s opinions on things again 
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2020 at 2:01pm
name me one academic or medical person who has said that meeting up with six lads for cans is a good approach to covid or indeed dealing with mental health.  

In relation to mental health wouldn’t you be far better meeting up outside and going for a 5 to 10km walk then spending the evening indoors drinking cans in one room.  

As far as I know not even trump or those in Sweden have suggested that meeting up in a small space In a home for alcohol for a number of hours is a good approach. 

Edited by Baldrick - 25 Oct 2020 at 2:03pm
AKA pedantic kunt
JohnSwift View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnSwift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2020 at 2:04pm

name me one academic or medical person who has said that meeting up with six lads for cans is a good approach to covid or indeed dealing with mental health.  

In relation to mental health wouldn’t you be far better meeting up outside and going for a 5 to 10km walk then spending the evening indoors drinking cans in one room 

I doubt any academic or medical person has made such a specific comment. Why would they?

A 5 or 10km walk isn’t as much craic as a few beers, especially when the weather is miserable.

Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2020 at 2:07pm

In relation to mental health wouldn’t you be far better meeting up outside and going for a 5 to 10km walk then spending the evening indoors drinking cans in one room.  

As far as I know not even trump or those in Sweden have suggested that meeting up in a small space In a home for alcohol for a number of hours is a good approach. 
Baldie me old sweetheart how's tricks ? 

Sorry been on the lash early one bottle of wine down and now on  the beers .
Sorry for all spelling mistakes .

Love all Drink all Heart
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2020 at 2:08pm
Everyone knows and ask any expert that drink is the answer to mental health issues.   Guinness cures all depression and anxiety.   I remember I had to go to a therapist with depression.  He said get 6 mates and have cans.

Saying you will continue to do it every 2 weeks says it all. 

Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2020 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by JohnSwift JohnSwift wrote:

In relation to mental health wouldn’t you be far better meeting up outside and going for a 5 to 10km walk then spending the evening indoors drinking cans in one room 

I doubt any academic or medical person has made such a specific comment. Why would they?

A 5 or 10km walk isn’t as much craic as a few beers, especially when the weather is miserable.

Sorry if you are looking to improve mental health it’s far better to meet up for chats outside and walks and other exercise than you are having cans.  

You another one using the mental health angle as a cynical ploy to justify your approach. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2020 at 2:13pm
nearly 200 new posts, I assume they found a vaccine?

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2020 at 2:14pm

Love all Drink all Heart

Grand had two beers last night with a few from here. Feel better for it and will probably go for walk in a bit.  A healthy balance I think.  
AKA pedantic kunt
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2020 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Swift and Babbs agree with masks and social distancing, hand washing etc but also think its a good idea to invite 6 friends over to the house for cans. Dumb and Dumber.

TJ, they have the choice if they want to risk getting a mild flu and bring it into their household. I doubt they would take that risk if they have someone vulnerable in the house. They wear a mask in case they have picked it up somewhere and to help stop the spread to others. That is the reality that most people are basing their behaviour off of

Do people really need this explained to them at this stage???

So these people at this party can get it but magically won't give it to anyone else is it?

Mr. Dime Bar logic:  ''I can make my own decision to drink and drive.  It's all  a load of bollix.  If I want to risk my life it's up to me.' If peopel are scared of gettign killed when they take to the road let them stay at home''  Dime Bar then hasn't the mental capacity to forsee killing a mother and child in a car they plough into.  Cue vacant look on Dime Bar's face.

Swift is probably one of those weirdos that washes his hands before taking a sh*t but not after and can't see how illogical that is. He hears you should wash your hands when using the toilet and thinks he is practising good hygiene etiquette. 

There is no hope for this country.

People drink and drove for years before the law was enforced. People used their own judgement and majority were fine. Of course it is dangerous and you and others can be quickly killed and should not be risked.
Difference with COVID is that it’s not really that dangerous and chances of you passing it onto someone and harm coming to that person is very very small. The flu seems to be as dangerous, only real difference is that it’s more contagious because we don’t have immune system to it. 
This is pure nonsense

Flu season numbers from January seemed quite comparable in terms of admissions to ICU to deaths. 
Long term effects related to COVID I don’t know if this is proven yet or if it’s any different to others upper respiratory infections. 
230k dead from Covid in the US

Can you point me to a flu season where 230k or anywhere remotely near it died in the US

Also we don't put restrictions in place for flu seasons to stop the spread so comparisons of numbers are not based on like for like

I am talking about how dangerous it is for people who get it. I said the issue with COVID is that it is so contagious because we have no immune to it yet. 
More people that get it the more risk of admissions etc. 
But if you compare the admissions, to icu to deaths in Ireland in January of this year to COVID then then the numbers are quite comparable. Which leads me to believe it’s not more dangerous as an illness but just the contagiousness is the issue we are dealing with.

Listen, I’m in the boat that we cant let it run wild. We need to take measures to limit to spread so it doesn’t tear through our elders but let’s not dress it up to be worse than it is. I know people that had it and they said it was the mildest flu they ever had. 
First of all, you can't divide the amount of people who die from something from how dangerous it is

Secondly, the WHO, Fauci etc. are all in agreement that Covid is more dangerous for those who get it than flu is

This is NOT flu, so let's once and for all dispense with the ludicrous right wing talking point that it is

Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2020 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

nearly 200 new posts, I assume they found a vaccine?
No, just a new WUM
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2020 at 2:44pm

Love all Drink all Heart

Grand had two beers last night with a few from here. Feel better for it and will probably go for walk in a bit.  A healthy balance I think.  
Heard about itClap
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2020 at 2:44pm
Always good to witness a few people mald
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 410411412413414 839>
  Share Topic