You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coronavirus - Remain Calm. Do Not Panic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 407408409410411 839>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2020 at 11:46am
do you wear the masks with your six mates drinking cans ?  Just wondering 
AKA pedantic kunt
JohnSwift View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnSwift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2020 at 11:49am
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Originally posted by JohnSwift JohnSwift wrote:

At this stage I think it is up to individuals to exercise their own judgement on what they do. I’m happy wearing a mask, washing my hands and socially distancing in public, but that’s as far as I’m willing to go. Spent the entirety of the first lockdown at home, whereas my intention is to be out and about and continue as normal now regardless of the level being imposed. A lot of people I know would feel the same; a group of six of us met up on Friday night for drinks at one of the lads houses. The fear factor is gone. People realise this isn’t the plague and that the number of deaths and ICU admissions is very low. I think the current level 5 restrictions will have limited impact on case numbers, but I would question whether the word “case” is even appropriate given the fact that a lot of people don’t suffer any effects and the testing itself isn’t exactly foolproof.

Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

Agreed John. There could be 5,000 cases in a day and the same amount of deaths and hospital admissions. Death and hospital admissions are all you need know. The daily case number only serve to put the sh*ts into people. 

Our INTERNET experts have spoken

No policy recommendations from them however except a recommendation to deliberately break the guidelines

Nobody is claiming to be an expert, but we know that anyone who doesn’t share your opinion is wrong in your mind. I’m just expressing an opinion on how I want to live with the virus and the decisions I’m happy to make.

You lost credibility when you decided to condemn the GAA, yet fail to criticise your beloved Liverpool for the way their fans behaved. If the Liverpool fans had a right to celebrate due to the behaviour of Cummings and the Tories, one could equally argue that the GAA heads had the same right to celebrate after witnessing Golfgate and the behaviour of the political and legal classes in this country.

Your position is illogical and inconsistent.

JohnSwift View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnSwift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2020 at 11:51am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

No, we don’t wear masks when drinking cans. It’s a bit like conducting a television interview - it’s difficult to talk through a mask, but it’s even more difficult to drink through a mask.

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2020 at 11:51am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Swift and Babbs agree with masks and social distancing, hand washing etc but also think its a good idea to invite 6 friends over to the house for cans. Dumb and Dumber.

TJ, they have the choice if they want to risk getting a mild flu and bring it into their household. I doubt they would take that risk if they have someone vulnerable in the house. They wear a mask in case they have picked it up somewhere and to help stop the spread to others. That is the reality that most people are basing their behaviour off of

Do people really need this explained to them at this stage???

So these people at this party can get it but magically won't give it to anyone else is it?

Mr. Dime Bar logic:  ''I can make my own decision to drink and drive.  It's all  a load of bollix.  If I want to risk my life it's up to me.' If peopel are scared of gettign killed when they take to the road let them stay at home''  Dime Bar then hasn't the mental capacity to forsee killing a mother and child in a car they plough into.  Cue vacant look on Dime Bar's face.

Swift is probably one of those weirdos that washes his hands before taking a sh*t but not after and can't see how illogical that is. He hears you should wash your hands when using the toilet and thinks he is practising good hygiene etiquette. 

There is no hope for this country.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
JohnSwift View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnSwift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2020 at 11:54am

Swift and Babbs agree with masks and social distancing, hand washing etc but also think its a good idea to invite 6 friends over to the house for cans. Dumb and Dumber.

TJ, they have the choice if they want to risk getting a mild flu and bring it into their household. I doubt they would take that risk if they have someone vulnerable in the house. They wear a mask in case they have picked it up somewhere and to help stop the spread to others. That is the reality that most people are basing their behaviour off of

So these people at this party can get it but magically won't give it to anyone else is it?

Mr. Dime Bar logic:  ''I can make my own decision to drink and drive.  It's all  a load of bollix.  If I want to risk my life it's up to me.' If peopel are scared of gettign killed when they take to the road let them stay at home''  Dime Bar then hasn't the mental capacity to forsee killing a mother and child in a car they plough into.  Cue vacant look on Dime Bar's face.

Swift is probably one of those weirdos that washes his hands before taking a sh*t but not after and can't see how illogical that is. He hears you should wash your hands when using the toilet and thinks he is practising good hygiene etiquette. 

Good effort TJ!

After hearing the routine of washing and disinfecting you went through during lockdown, that analogy might be more appropriate to yourself!

sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2020 at 11:57am

At this stage I think it is up to individuals to exercise their own judgement on what they do. I’m happy wearing a mask, washing my hands and socially distancing in public, but that’s as far as I’m willing to go. Spent the entirety of the first lockdown at home, whereas my intention is to be out and about and continue as normal now regardless of the level being imposed. A lot of people I know would feel the same; a group of six of us met up on Friday night for drinks at one of the lads houses. The fear factor is gone. People realise this isn’t the plague and that the number of deaths and ICU admissions is very low. I think the current level 5 restrictions will have limited impact on case numbers, but I would question whether the word “case” is even appropriate given the fact that a lot of people don’t suffer any effects and the testing itself isn’t exactly foolproof.

Agreed John. There could be 5,000 cases in a day and the same amount of deaths and hospital admissions. Death and hospital admissions are all you need know. The daily case number only serve to put the sh*ts into people. 

No policy recommendations from them however except a recommendation to deliberately break the guidelines

Nobody is claiming to be an expert, but we know that anyone who doesn’t share your opinion is wrong in your mind. I’m just expressing an opinion on how I want to live with the virus and the decisions I’m happy to make.

You lost credibility when you decided to condemn the GAA, yet fail to criticise your beloved Liverpool for the way their fans behaved. If the Liverpool fans had a right to celebrate due to the behaviour of Cummings and the Tories, one could equally argue that the GAA heads had the same right to celebrate after witnessing Golfgate and the behaviour of the political and legal classes in this country.

More fake victimhood from the selfish superspreader
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2020 at 11:58am

No, we don’t wear masks when drinking cans. It’s a bit like conducting a television interview - it’s difficult to talk through a mask, but it’s even more difficult to drink through a mask.

So how is it safe to have six people from a few different households in the same
Room. Do you open windows in the room.  Do you have hand sanitiser at the door for those arriving.  How long do you spend in the room together and how often would this happen. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2020 at 11:59am

Nothing dumb about it. I’ve just made the personal decision that I want to live with the virus and get on with life as much as I can. I’ll wear a mask and practice social distancing to try and protect others. Actually now that I think of it, that’s not much different to the fella looking to get on tv at Walkinstown Roundabout - perhaps it’s a case of Dumb and Dumber and Dumberer!

You're openly imploring for people to break the restrictions

How does that tally that with "protecting others"?

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2020 at 11:59am
Swift my child: I would laugh my bollix off if you get covid and had long term lung and heart problems.  You deserve it. 

JohnSwift View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnSwift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2020 at 12:01pm

So how is it safe to have six people from a few different households in the same
Room. Do you open windows in the room.  Do you have hand sanitiser at the door for those arriving.  How long do you spend in the room together and how often would this happen. 

I’m not saying it’s safe, or whatever safe means these days. I’m just saying it’s an approach I’m comfortable with. Don’t have any vulnerable people that I meet and I think the other five lads are the same. Just decided I’m getting on with life.

JohnSwift View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnSwift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2020 at 12:02pm

More fake victimhood from the selfish superspreader

Victimhood it ain’t, Sid! The irony of a fella who refers to Liverpool as “we” talking about victimhood!

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2020 at 12:03pm

I’m not saying it’s safe, or whatever safe means these days. I’m just saying it’s an approach I’m comfortable with. Don’t have any vulnerable people that I meet and I think the other five lads are the same. Just decided I’m getting on with life.

Don't complain if a drunk driver mows down one of your loved ones so, because what you are doing is based on the exact same logic
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2020 at 12:03pm

People drink and drove for years before the law was enforced. People used their own judgement and majority were fine. Of course it is dangerous and you and others can be quickly killed and should not be risked.
Difference with COVID is that it’s not really that dangerous and chances of you passing it onto someone and harm coming to that person is very very small. The flu seems to be as dangerous, only real difference is that it’s more contagious because we don’t have immune system to it. 
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2020 at 12:04pm
so you are not worried about getting covid.  

But do you have any other interaction with people who
Maybe vulnerable.  

The average close contacts is now 3 people.  You have doubled that already for your close contacts for your meet up.  In addition those close contacts are mainly house mates.  

The irony is that your behavior if replicated by others leads to longer lock downs and repeated ones and leading to people lose their business and their jobs.  

Enjoy your cans 
AKA pedantic kunt
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2020 at 12:05pm

People drink and drove for years before the law was enforced. People used their own judgement and majority were fine. Of course it is dangerous and you and others can be quickly killed and should not be risked.
Difference with COVID is that it’s not really that dangerous and chances of you passing it onto someone and harm coming to that person is very very small. The flu seems to be as dangerous, only real difference is that it’s more contagious because we don’t have immune system to it. 

Confused

JustConfused

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2020 at 12:05pm

This is pure nonsense
JohnSwift View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnSwift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2020 at 12:05pm

Don't complain if a drunk driver mows down one of your loved ones so, because what you are doing is based on the exact same logic

It’s not the same logic at all. The drink driving comparison is a false equivalence.

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2020 at 12:06pm

so you are not worried about getting covid.  

But do you have any other interaction with people who
Maybe vulnerable.  

The average close contacts is now 3 people.  You have doubled that already for your close contacts for your meet up.  In addition those close contacts are mainly house mates.  

The irony is that your behavior if replicated by others leads to longer lock downs and repeated ones and leading to people lose their business and their jobs.  

Enjoy your cans 
Swifty is having his fun, and that's all that matters
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 407408409410411 839>
  Share Topic