You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coronavirus - Remain Calm. Do Not Panic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 403404405406407 839>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2020 at 8:40am
Apparently it mutates very slowly and predictably. Which is very good news. 
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2020 at 9:02am
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Load a bollox lads. 

Lockdown for a few weeks..numbers rise again...repeat. The government are playing a dangerous game waiting for a vaccine given the low numbers of deaths versus high numbers of businesses going under/people becoming unemployed.
You obviously have an opinion on what they should do?

So what should they do?

Let people make their own decisions. 

Only one person under 25 has died from covid 19 since it arrived in Ireland. Why should under 25s tip toe around it ?

Those in between 25 and 65/70 can make their own choice. If you are nervous , stay at home. If you are comfortable moving around with it , do so. 

Those over 65/70 will feel they haven’t too long to go. Like us all they are gonna die from something eventually. Who had the right to tell them not to see their grandkids, if that is what they wish.

The policy of the government is to lower cases at the minute. Kicking the can down the road, waiting for a vaccine that most possibly will never come while unemployment rises and the economy falls apart. Open the f**king doors and let people make their own decisions on how to avoid the virus. Or not if that’s your fancy.
BabbsBalls, what you are proposing is Donald Trumps Covid approach. You never want to be thinking the same way as The Donald
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2020 at 9:11am
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

Apparently it mutates very slowly and predictably. Which is very good news. 
Hmmmm so it’s a bit like some ybig posters
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2020 at 9:15am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Load a bollox lads. 

Lockdown for a few weeks..numbers rise again...repeat. The government are playing a dangerous game waiting for a vaccine given the low numbers of deaths versus high numbers of businesses going under/people becoming unemployed.
You obviously have an opinion on what they should do?

So what should they do?

Let people make their own decisions. 

Only one person under 25 has died from covid 19 since it arrived in Ireland. Why should under 25s tip toe around it ?

Those in between 25 and 65/70 can make their own choice. If you are nervous , stay at home. If you are comfortable moving around with it , do so. 

Those over 65/70 will feel they haven’t too long to go. Like us all they are gonna die from something eventually. Who had the right to tell them not to see their grandkids, if that is what they wish.

The policy of the government is to lower cases at the minute. Kicking the can down the road, waiting for a vaccine that most possibly will never come while unemployment rises and the economy falls apart. Open the f**king doors and let people make their own decisions on how to avoid the virus. Or not if that’s your fancy.
BabbsBalls, what you are proposing is Donald Trumps Covid approach. You never want to be thinking the same way as The Donald
Perhaps Babbs could respond to this

What are your proposed policy formulations, Babbs

And what do you think would be the consequences of them

It seems to me like you haven't thought things through very well

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2020 at 9:31am
It really baffles me how so many people who are clearly not experts can be so strong in their opinions whether that is on here or on Twitter etc.   

AKA pedantic kunt
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2020 at 9:34am
Let the people die ClapClap
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2020 at 9:35am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

It really baffles me how so many people who are clearly not experts can be so strong in their opinions whether that is on here or on Twitter etc.   

It really is remarkable 
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2020 at 9:38am
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2020 at 9:58am
3 people admitted into ICU yesterday in Ireland. 

Surely it’s time for level 7 for until April at the earliest for the other 4,999,997 of us ? 
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2020 at 10:04am

Surely it’s time for level 7 for until April at the earliest for the other 4,999,997 of us ? 
Babbs if you could tell us your recommended policy formulation that would be great, thanks

Rhetoric doesn't really cut it

You seem to have very strong opinions on this and are certain you're right

Yet you're shying away from discussion of what you actually want as regards policy

Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2020 at 10:08am
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

How dangerous is covid compared to the common flu? There's an estimate about how many people have died of covid and probably the same for common flu. We're testing for covid globally so have a good estimate of how many people.have gotten it but probably not the same for seasonal flu.

Is covid more contagious then seasonal flu? I'd say so. Is it more deadly though? That's what I'm not so sure about. 

The fatality rate all depends on the age group, and assuming you aren't diabetic or asthmatic which are the biggest complications, but without;

18-40 yr olds is 0.1%
40-49 1%
50-59 5%
60-69 8%
70+ 17%

So to answer your question is COVID more deadly than the common cold? Yes it is.

Alot of people forget it's not about the healthy middle aged people why we're in lockdown, it's the older generation. And no, forcefully locking them up until 2022 isn't the answer which I've heard a few times ffs LOL 

I think those are the stats WITH one or more underlying heath conditions.
Otherwise the death toll would be much greater.

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2020 at 10:16am

Babbs if you could tell us your recommended policy formulation that would be great, thanks

Yet you're shying away from discussion of what you actually want as regards policy

I’m not certain of anything. I’m just a lad, like yourself, on a forum with an opinion. I’m not a policy maker or expert and have never claimed to be. 

3 into ICU yesterday in a the height of a national emergency. There is absolutely no denying that that is a compelling number. 

Edited by BabbsBalls - 24 Oct 2020 at 10:25am
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2020 at 10:16am

Depends what you mean, doesn't it

As far as I know there are no experts on the actual virus itself here, ie. no poster here is going to be involved in developing a vaccine any time soon

But there is wide scope for sensible discussion of the broad topic based on a set of known facts - and you don't have to be an expert to do that

This broad topic has such a wide ranging effect - it affects all aspects of our lives - that there isn't a person in the world who is qualified to know all the answers

I think discussion of this can be divided into those who discuss the topic in good faith and those who discuss it in bad faith

Ascertaining what bad faith is can sometimes be a little tricky but I think most of know it when we see it

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2020 at 10:18am
That’s fair enough Thumbs Up
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2020 at 10:22am

You are a clever guy baldrick. I find it hard to believe you would be baffled by people on social media. . 

Edited by BabbsBalls - 24 Oct 2020 at 10:22am
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2020 at 10:24am

I’m not certain of anything. I’m just a lad, like yourself, on a forum with an opinion. I’m not a policy maker or expert and have never claimed to be. 

3 into ICU yesterday in a time of national emergency. There ie absolutely no denying that is a compelling number. 

Babbs when you say "load a bollox lads", that does imply certainty on your part

7 deaths were announced in the latest daily figures

Across Europe, deaths are steadily rising, France are now up to just under 300 per day, the UK are well up into the 200s, the trend seems to be only going one way  - which is why emergency measures are being taken - to try and reverse the trend

You're now using figures that are occurring under restrictions that you say are a "load a bollox" to imply that the virus is not a problem

Using figures that are occurring under restrictions that you clearly believe are unnecessary, in order to poo-poo those same restrictions, is dishonest arguing

I'm sure you can see that

You really should set out your recommended policy formulations and let's have a discussion about them

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2020 at 10:29am
The current restrictions have only been in for the last couple of days 🤷🏼‍♂️
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2020 at 10:30am
They are saying today that level 5 is working but a couple of weeks ago after nearly 2 weeks in level 3 it was too early to tell if restrictions were working. With communication like this it's little wonder people have little faith in those leading the fight against this. Some will follow what is being said blindly but it is important to question what is going on as well. I'm following the restrictions but I have great reservations about what they are saying at the moment. Can see this most clearly in the school setting
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 403404405406407 839>
  Share Topic