You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coronavirus - Remain Calm. Do Not Panic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 401402403404405 839>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2020 at 5:40pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Another thing about this current lockdown is that it seems to not really be a lockdown at all, it's much more lax than what we had in April

I see very little difference in cars and people about in Level 3 as level 5. The Gardai haven't been around stopping cars yet, I think maybe when they start that again the number of cars will decrease.

I also feel there is far less buy in from the public this time as well, maybe as the deaths are low now and if they went up to high levels again we would see a change in attitudes. 

It would damage this forums' reputation
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2020 at 5:41pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

I doubt the numbers are going to come as much as they hope.

Some observations:
In dunnes there at lunch, place was packed. 

Also around the school, lots of parents chatting away, some without masks, all the kids mixing together as normal.

The roads were deserted in lockdown 1, I dont see any reduction between last week in level 3 and now this Friday in level 5.

With guards already confirming they will give people a chance if they stopped someone on the way to house party or if they knock on your door and ask you to break it up, I can see a lot of people will take the risk to go to another household for a cuppa or a drink. Worst case scenario for most would be guards coming and you just hold your hands up and go home.

Yesterday roads were quieter but not quiet. Shops seemed to be open left right and centre for click and collect. Florists, carpet shops, Argos, the pound shops, Currys etc...

This lockdown won't have anywhere near the same effect as Lockdown I as everyone is getting around the rules.

The sequel is never as good as the original 
AKA pedantic kunt
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2020 at 6:13pm

The roads were deserted in lockdown 1, I dont see any reduction between last week in level 3 and now this Friday in level 5.

Traffic the last few days around the area has been very heavy, back in March, literally not a car on the road.

Massive difference.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2020 at 6:54pm
Numbers down already. 777Clap
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
ripbomb View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ripbomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2020 at 8:09pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Traffic the last few days around the area has been very heavy, back in March, literally not a car on the road.

Massive difference.
There is no lockdown really..well nothing like on the scale we had in March. Schools and colleges open, construction workers, Drapery shops now selling Hi Viz around my area are all open. League of Ireland coming out of this well... not a peep lately regarding positive case's while the emeny seem to have all sorts of problems
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2020 at 8:27pm
did you miss the bit where shamrock had 4 players test positive, a lot isolating and 3 games postponed?

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2020 at 8:32pm
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

Another thing about this current lockdown is that it seems to not really be a lockdown at all, it's much more lax than what we had in April

I see very little difference in cars and people about in Level 3 as level 5. The Gardai haven't been around stopping cars yet, I think maybe when they start that again the number of cars will decrease.

I also feel there is far less buy in from the public this time as well, maybe as the deaths are low now and if they went up to high levels again we would see a change in attitudes. 

What i have found in Galway is the the motorway is still busy in the mornings now had to dip into town for food shopping at 3pm and i would say around 50% less cars in the city and you could park anywhere you wanted in Galway shopping center .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
DublinScouse1916 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DublinScouse1916 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2020 at 8:45pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Numbers down already. 777Clap

Open the pubs
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2020 at 8:48pm
Much quieter in Castlebar 
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2020 at 8:53pm
Load a bollox lads. 

Lockdown for a few weeks..numbers rise again...repeat. The government are playing a dangerous game waiting for a vaccine given the low numbers of deaths versus high numbers of businesses going under/people becoming unemployed.
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2020 at 8:54pm
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

Load a bollox lads. 

Lockdown for a few weeks..numbers rise again...repeat. The government are playing a dangerous game waiting for a vaccine given the low numbers of deaths versus high numbers of businesses going under/people becoming unemployed.
You obviously have an opinion on what they should do?

So what should they do?
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2020 at 9:34pm

Load a bollox lads. 

So what should they do?

Let people make their own decisions. 

Only one person under 25 has died from covid 19 since it arrived in Ireland. Why should under 25s tip toe around it ?

Those in between 25 and 65/70 can make their own choice. If you are nervous , stay at home. If you are comfortable moving around with it , do so. 

Those over 65/70 will feel they haven’t too long to go. Like us all they are gonna die from something eventually. Who had the right to tell them not to see their grandkids, if that is what they wish.

The policy of the government is to lower cases at the minute. Kicking the can down the road, waiting for a vaccine that most possibly will never come while unemployment rises and the economy falls apart. Open the f**king doors and let people make their own decisions on how to avoid the virus. Or not if that’s your fancy.
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2020 at 9:36pm

Load a bollox lads. 

So what should they do?

Only one person under 25 has died from covid 19 since it arrived in Ireland. Why should under 25s tip toe around it ?

Those in between 25 and 65/70 can make their own choice. If you are nervous , stay at home. If you are comfortable moving around with it , do so. 

Those over 65/70 will feel they haven’t too long to go. Like us all they are gonna die from something eventually. Who had the right to tell them not to see their grandkids, if that is what they wish.

The policy of the government is to lower cases at the minute. Kicking the can down the road, waiting for a vaccine that most possibly will never come while unemployment rises and the economy falls apart. Open the f**king doors and let people make their own decisions on how to avoid the virus. Or not if that’s your fancy.
That's a slogan

What does it mean?
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2020 at 9:50pm

I don’t think the Garda will have checkpoints everywhere like the last lockdown purely because it’s just a waste of time given that construction sites and more businesses are open this time round.theyll stay on the major roads in and out of the county’s but that’s it really.

Yeah the majority of people are done with it and just don’t give a f**k...I heard doctor tony Hoolahan say we need to get the cases down to around 100 a day from what was 1300,I’d imagine that’s gonna be very hard to do with people not willing to listen.
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2020 at 11:10pm

Load a bollox lads. 

So what should they do?

How f**king dumb is this post!

So how do people say who are old or medically vulnerable supposed to stay safe at home if that's what they wish?  Someone has to do shopping for them but what if they have nobody?  They have to go once or twice a week to the supermarket.  If a load of people in the supermarket have it its going to be next to impossible not to contract it.  Do these people have no rights in society because that's what you seem to think without actually saying it. What if they don't want to die?  What if their kid has cystic fibrosis or cancer?   Yeah they will stay at home as much as possible but if its rampant int he community its eventually going to find its way into their house.  Supplies have to come into the house.  Their parents may have to work and bring the virus home through no fault of their own simply because its literally everywhere instead of a minority having it.

You seem to think these people can magically cocoon and never come across anyone else if they wish to do so.  Not surprising coming from a man condoning these gobsh*tes marching and protesting on the streets.

Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2020 at 11:15pm
Originally posted by JUICEBOMB JUICEBOMB wrote:

I don’t think the Garda will have checkpoints everywhere like the last lockdown purely because it’s just a waste of time given that construction sites and more businesses are open this time round.theyll stay on the major roads in and out of the county’s but that’s it really.

Yeah the majority of people are done with it and just don’t give a f**k...I heard doctor tony Hoolahan say we need to get the cases down to around 100 a day from what was 1300,I’d imagine that’s gonna be very hard to do with people not willing to listen.
no schools or construction sites - well some - open at the weekend so I’d expect a lot more visibility over the weekend.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2020 at 11:17pm
You should use capitals TJ. You might sound louder.

“A virus that’s literally everywhere”.

My hole it is. 

Edited by BabbsBalls - 23 Oct 2020 at 11:22pm
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2020 at 11:24pm
Double post 

Edited by BabbsBalls - 23 Oct 2020 at 11:27pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 401402403404405 839>
  Share Topic