You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coronavirus - Remain Calm. Do Not Panic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 386387388389390 839>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2020 at 12:02pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

7 family members of my girlfriend from Limerick have caught it in the past week. 
3 households and possibly a 4th as they're awaiting the results. Nothing serious thankfully.
Any close contact of the first person that caught are all negative so they think the only place to have got it was at the gym.

Was the gym the only other place they visited?

In figures published yesterday of 4957 outbreaks notified to the 10th of October, only 9 are associated with Sporting Activities/Fitness which covers i assume team sports and gyms/fitness centres. 

Yeah she was only at home, work (she's like a social carer so she just goes the the clients home as the client doesn't leave the house) and only other place they could think of was the gym.

Updated to 8 people now with her nephew has it.
The dark side.. And the light
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2020 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by ChesterCopperpot ChesterCopperpot wrote:

Originally posted by Croftman Croftman wrote:

NPHET advises government To put entire country on Level 5 for 6 weeks

Will be interesting to see if they go with it this time

Where did you see this?

On RTE news now too. I reckon the government will accept it this time and we'll be in lockdown from tomorrow
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2020 at 12:17pm
We only changed the rules today. Why change again before we have the chance to see the difference. The home visit ban is a game changer. Let's see the impact before causing enormous damage to economy and people's lives
Zilina Suvivor View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zilina Suvivor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2020 at 12:40pm
Just made it back from Zilina. Caught the train. What's this Covid thing? Is Sidney really a person or a bot? 
theheff1989 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
My name badge won a prize

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theheff1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2020 at 1:43pm
Government announce one thing. Nphet announce another thing. No wonder people are so p*ssed off. One minute your hearing of the GAA Fixtures. Then your hearing 5-6 week lockdown. Makes no sense. 
ripbomb View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ripbomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2020 at 1:47pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Cases have exploded here in Galway among 18-24 year olds.  Its thought a load of half neanderthals from Moycullen went ape sh*t at winning some county game and they were all partying.  Gobsh*tes. 
Yes i seen it before... local gaa club win some grade c or something similar and act the mini celebrity for couple of weeks. Other fools telling them about the "pride of the parish" crap and they lap it up. 
hulkhogan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hulkhogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2020 at 1:49pm
Whacha gonna do
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2020 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by Zilina Suvivor Zilina Suvivor wrote:

Just made it back from Zilina. Caught the train. What's this Covid thing? Is Sidney really a person or a bot? 
Any cans left, bud?
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2020 at 2:11pm
Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

Originally posted by Croftman Croftman wrote:

NPHET advises government To put entire country on Level 5 for 6 weeks

Will be interesting to see if they go with it this time

Where did you see this?

On RTE news now too. I reckon the government will accept it this time and we'll be in lockdown from tomorrow
The last lockdown was announced on a Friday evening

Bye bye GAA
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2020 at 2:14pm

We only changed the rules today. Why change again before we have the chance to see the difference. The home visit ban is a game changer. Let's see the impact before causing enormous damage to economy and people's lives
In other words, "let's damage the economy and people's lives a bit more before we're forced to do the inevitable"

It's actually hard to believe people want us to make the same mistake again as we did in March, but everybody has an opinion I guess
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2020 at 2:38pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

In other words, "let's damage the economy and people's lives a bit more before we're forced to do the inevitable"

It's actually hard to believe people want us to make the same mistake again as we did in March, but everybody has an opinion I guess

We know lockdown will work temporarily. 
But are the hospitalizations and ICU numbers that bad that we need to derail everyone's lives? The trends are worrying in a lot of areas, but in Dublin the trajectory since level 3 has improved. We are yet to really see the difference of level 3 for the rest of the country and the home visit ban is a game changer. 
The R rate is still around 1 - 1.3 the last I seen. 

I dont think it is inevitable that we have to go into a lockdown.  Maybe if we want to have home visits reinstated by Christmas so we can enjoy Christmas with our extended families but I think keeping most of the economy open and not having so much damage on people's daily lives is much more important than being able to have family gatherings at Christmas 
Zilina Suvivor View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zilina Suvivor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2020 at 2:45pm
Too many dooms day preppers on ybig. we need to get back drinking cans and waving to our front line heros from the Walkinstown roundabout
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2020 at 2:50pm
They way the budget was framed should lessen criticism of the Government should they move to level 5. The key question is what happens at the end of Level 5 if the numbers go down, stay the same or go up. All well and good for NPHET to suggest Level 5 but do they have an exit strategy. If they can deliver an exit plan acceptable to the Government, we may go to Level 5 before next weekend. I have a feeling the Government fear that NPHET will continue to recommend Level 5 ad infinitum. 

Edited by Cabra Hoop - 16 Oct 2020 at 2:52pm
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
ChesterCopperpot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2020 at 3:05pm
Meeting tomorrow to consider the rising to Level 5
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2020 at 3:21pm

Too many dooms day preppers on ybig. we need to get back drinking cans and waving to our front line heros from the Walkinstown roundabout
It's good to have a scientist's opinion on the matter.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2020 at 4:24pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

It's good to have a scientist's opinion on the matter.
I thought Zilina was in Slovakia, not Kazakhstan?
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2020 at 4:26pm

Might be more in your line to pop an e in instead of drinking more cans

Edited by sid waddell - 16 Oct 2020 at 4:27pm
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2020 at 4:46pm
The old lady of D'Olier Street should hang her head in shame for that bullsh*t ad she published yesterday

That's the Irish Times for those of you who don't understand my whimsy

The Journal fact checkers demolished the ad

Seems all you need to publish disinformation in the paper of record these days is dodgy American funding

Edited by sid waddell - 16 Oct 2020 at 4:46pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 386387388389390 839>
  Share Topic