You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coronavirus - Remain Calm. Do Not Panic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 279280281282283 839>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2020 at 5:58pm
Even Staycations for the high jump...health Gestapo rules aok. The busiest holiday period of the year and they keep pubs closed and limit numbers to cinemas, theatres etc. But yet sports matches  can take place and tourists can do as they please once they sign a form. I thought we are doing great, flattened the curve and have things under control. Something doesn't add up. I can see loads of people booking last minute flights abroad...

Edited by Cabra Hoop - 15 Jul 2020 at 6:14pm
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2020 at 6:19pm
Pubs pushed back until the 10th
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2020 at 11:26pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Are face coverings mandatory in shops in Ireland?

Asking because seeing alot of associations with other respiratory illnesses such as AsthmaUK telling people to go against UK Government advice which could end up in a sticky situation.

In shops to date, the public are trusted to make health decisions that best suit themselves, not be dictated to regardless of their circumstances. 

New Zealand showed the world how to deal with the virus, without forcing  completely healthy people to wear facemasks that are useless. If they can, so can everyone else.
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2020 at 11:29pm
Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

In shops to date, the public are trusted to make health decisions that best suit themselves, not be dictated to regardless of their circumstances. 
I was in the same shop as you today. 

It suited me to deliberately give you Covid, and I did so. 

Just informing you now out of courtesy.

sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2020 at 9:19am

New Zealand showed the world how to deal with the virus, without forcing  completely healthy people to wear facemasks that are useless. If they can, so can everyone else.

New Zealand is a bit different. They are much more isolated island than us and don't have the EU with all the free travel rules on their door step.

I think it's a complete joke that tourists are legally aloud come here but we can't go to the local for a pint. I know the Government are trying to weigh public health risks v the economy but just goes to show where the more powerful lobbyists are. Shut down the borders for a few months and let the rest of us try to get back to normal.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
Yiksheemash View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

I don't have a penis.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yiksheemash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2020 at 9:24am
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

I was in the same shop as you today. 

It suited me to deliberately give you Covid, and I did so. 

Just informing you now out of courtesy.

you ok hun? 
Yiksheemash View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

I don't have a penis.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yiksheemash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2020 at 9:27am
In reality i think its a disgrace that pubs in rural Ireland are not allowed open. There are some counties with no cases for weeks. I think they should have said that pubs in urban areas (and list those areas) cannot open. 

If they were serious about house parties and the likes they would have shut off licenses. 

As previous people have pointed out its a virus that we are going to have to live with and we need to get the economy going again. 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2020 at 9:52am
Then the Dubs will make a weekend of it and spend day drinking away in these rural pubs and spreading the virus.

Which is kind what happened in Killarney last weekend.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Fruice View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2020 at 10:02am
I’d love the pubs to open but listen to anyone who really is in the know and the pubs are an ideal scenario for a cluster.

It has happened in other countries around the world where they opened pubs they became clusters are were one of the reasons areas had to go back into lockdown.

I for one would take the current scenario with no pubs open than going back to lock down.

Maybe I’m in the minority.
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2020 at 11:21am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Then the Dubs will make a weekend of it and spend day drinking away in these rural pubs and spreading the virus.

This, Carlingford was a nightmare last weekend and the weather was sh*te.
Camper vans everywhere, crowds on the streets etc

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2020 at 11:43am
Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

This, Carlingford was a nightmare last weekend and the weather was sh*te.
Camper vans everywhere, crowds on the streets etc

I'm meant to be going to Killarney for the Bank Holiday weekend and then Carlingford 2 weeks later!!
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2020 at 11:43am
Yeah I just don't think Ireland is big enough to have regionalised restrictions. 
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2020 at 11:55am

Westport was riddled with Dubs and northerners last weekend. 
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2020 at 12:08pm
Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

My Stag is due to be there in about 6 weeks time.
The dark side.. And the light
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2020 at 12:09pm

Riddled :)  implies something sinister.  

We are allowed to travel and spend our money around the country 
AKA pedantic kunt
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2020 at 12:12pm
Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

My Stag is due to be there in about 6 weeks time.

And pubs are meant to be only properly open 3 weeks before that. It might be the case that they are still not open come then unfortunately. The cops are around the town too making sure pubs operating as restaurants are complying. 
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2020 at 12:34pm

Westport was riddled with Dubs and northerners last weekend

I will make a wild stab in the dark and say that that is the case every 12th July weekend
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2020 at 12:45pm
It sure is. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 279280281282283 839>
  Share Topic