You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coronavirus - Remain Calm. Do Not Panic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 239240241242243 839>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2020 at 12:42pm
The government (or NPHET - hard to know who instigated this, possibly both) have played their cards well with the reopening. I wouldn’t give them much other credit through the last 3 months. 

This must have been the contingent plan - or the makings of it for a number of weeks. They had evidently decided that the 5 phase approach was worst case and that all going to plan things would open a lot sooner. If this had been the initial phased reopening the public would have taken a lot more liberties the last few weeks. The public are going to jump the gun in situations like this. Now people are relieved and see light at the end of the tunnel - unless you’re in the hairdressing and beauty game.

Anyway, onwards and upwards, we’ll just have to manage to live with this and once the situation is being monitored we could live with it relatively comfortably.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2020 at 12:50pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

The R rate has risen back to 1 in the North West and South West of England.

I was chatting to a JD Sports area manager and he was telling me about how they've received dossiers already from the Government on how to layout gyms as they're trying to push for gyms to reopen in the next wave of restrictions.

I can see this ending in tears tbh, as much as I love the gym the signs of a 2nd spike are already there.

When you’ve still more daily deaths than most of Europe combined, has the first wave really passed?  
No. It's more a continuous tsunami.  At this stage I'm only social distancing out of politeness and to assuage my own guilt; we would be as well off sneezing on each other.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2020 at 5:06pm
R Rate at 1 in Manchester, public respond by having a full blown BLM demonstration.

The amount of f**ks given is zero, nice one Cummings lad.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2020 at 5:27pm
How high would the R number have to be in an area for there to be some sort of a return to lockdown?
It’ll be hard to go back now at this stage 
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2020 at 5:29pm
1 is considered dangerous. 
Anything over 1 is pretty much a red flag.

In April England was 3, nowadays it’s at 0.9 but these protests and the relaxations are going to take it well over 1 in some regions 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2020 at 5:45pm

R Rate at 1 in Manchester, public respond by having a full blown BLM demonstration.

I was at a BLM demonstration today and it was brilliantly ran. There were volunteer stewards handing out masks and making sure people who didn't come together were keeping distance. I assume it was the same there.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2020 at 5:47pm

1 is considered dangerous. 
Anything over 1 is pretty much a red flag.

In April England was 3, nowadays it’s at 0.9 but these protests and the relaxations are going to take it well over 1 in some regions 

Anything over 1 means it’s growing and anything means it’s declining.  If it’s at 0.5 for every 2 people who have it they give it to 1 person between them on average.  So getting it down to 0.4 which Ireland seems to have done means that if it continues at that in the long term it will reduce further and further. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2020 at 5:50pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I was at a BLM demonstration today and it was brilliantly ran. There were volunteer stewards handing out masks and making sure people who didn't come together were keeping distance. I assume it was the same there.

Saw footage from one in Belfast there and it looked the same, masks on most people and 2 metres distancing between people

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2020 at 5:54pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Saw footage from one in Belfast there and it looked the same, masks on most people and 2 metres distancing between people

I was nervous about going for that reason, but it really was superbly ran. I have heard that the ones in London, where the crowds were massive, were the same.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2020 at 6:00pm

I was nervous about going for that reason, but it really was superbly ran. I have heard that the ones in London, where the crowds were massive, were the same.

The ones in Manchester and Watford there’s that many people it’s impossible to have a distance! Hyde Park was the same too. 

I’ve seen the photos of Belfast and Newcastle demonstrations spaced out on the other hand. 

Twitter is fuming rn because Churchill’s statue has been graffitied, unknowingly he was a racist f**k too.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2020 at 6:16pm
The BLT demonstrations hate the pigs
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2020 at 6:32pm

The ones in Manchester and Watford there’s that many people it’s impossible to have a distance! Hyde Park was the same too. 

I’ve seen the photos of Belfast and Newcastle demonstrations spaced out on the other hand. 

Twitter is fuming rn because Churchill’s statue has been graffitied, unknowingly he was a racist f**k too.
Nonsense. If you can distance in five thousand and fifty thousand then you can distance. There was thousands at the one I was at and wasn't within two metres of anyone, including friends I had arranged to meet there.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2020 at 6:35pm

Nonsense. If you can distance in five thousand and fifty thousand then you can distance. There was thousands at the one I was at and wasn't within two metres of anyone, including friends I had arranged to meet there.

Haway man. And you used the word nonsense ffs.
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2020 at 7:06pm
There was one in Tooting Broadway and one in Tooting Common. Both really well run. Distancing, masks, sanitiser stations etc. The one in Manchester looks to have been a bit of a mess.
@AntrimMan85
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2020 at 7:22pm
just watched a video of the protest in Manchester, no wonder the f**kwits have the highest death rate in Europe, they really don’t seem get it over there. 

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2020 at 9:51pm
Very stupid. A load more will die over them.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2020 at 9:54pm

Haway man. And you used the word nonsense ffs.
That shows f**k all.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2020 at 11:08pm
It shows you are wrong. 

Just because the gathering here and there were nicely organised doesn’t mean it was the same elsewhere.

Manchester, London and Watford were absolutely disgraceful, Hyde Park before that.

The large scale ones are just done to suit peoples agendas, we had Aston Villa’s Tyrone Mings threatening to go AWOL if the EPL resumed because he’s scared of the virus but can attend a 5000+ people gathering with no mask. 

People are weird man LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 239240241242243 839>
  Share Topic