You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coronavirus - Remain Calm. Do Not Panic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 223224225226227 839>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 8:39pm
I found GMB unwatchable until recently. Morgan and Susanna Reid posturing in the manner of insufferable blowhards was too much to tolerate over the tea and toast. Shouty egotists trying to outdo each other. Andrew Neill is another irritating mouthpiece but he gave Morgan good advice this morning-go easy on the rudeness, basically, but hold politicians to account because that is what the media is supposed to do and too often doesn't. The BBC is afraid of what the Tories may do to it. The press with some honourable exceptions is largely supine. Morgan and even more so Neil are formidable journalists when they choose to be, which is why the Tories are boycotting them. Morgan's conversion from a slavering lapdog to Trump-as embarrassing a spectacle as I can recall for any journalist, utterly toe-curling and cringe inducing- is long overdue.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 8:41pm
Andrew Neill is giving advice on manners! We have surely hit the point where the world consists?
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 8:52pm
Of......?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 8:59pm
Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

Of......?
Auto correct! 'Combust' was the word intended. 
Neill is a horrible human being and a fine journalist,  but he is in no position to criticise other journalists and presenters about manners! It is absolutely ludicrous. The man has made a career out of rudeness! That's not a bad thing in the line of work in question,  but, if he has said something to Morgan, it's pot and kettle. 
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 9:03pm
I wouldn't disagree with that. I would like to see the Tories grow a set and face these Rottweilers but they are obviously taking the view that it would be unwise so are exercising an annoying veto.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 9:14pm
It is an absolute disgrace. As much as I can never have time for Morgan, largely because he is everything that is wrong with the British press, every now and again (20 years) he gets on the right side of history.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 9:48pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

some amount of gougers out today 

Cycled out to Howth today about 5. Clunge central it was.

Fairly packed the last few times I've been out there.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2020 at 10:01am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

some amount of gougers out today 

Gangs of youngfella's battered some kid in Baldoyle with a hammer.

I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2020 at 10:22am
Bolsanaro on 6th May "We're past our peak, we're on a decline" at 5000 cases per day.

20th May - 23,000 new cases, a worldwide record for the most in 1 day - And only tested 700,000 out of 209 million people so likely to be more.

They are so f**ked it's sad.

Edited by coyne - 21 May 2020 at 10:23am
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2020 at 10:32am
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Bolsanaro on 6th May "We're past our peak, we're on a decline" at 5000 cases per day.

20th May - 23,000 new cases, a worldwide record for the most in 1 day - And only tested 700,000 out of 209 million people so likely to be more.

He's a disgrace, completely f**ked it up 

Had meant to be be going to Brazil in Sep, likely be a good while before that's feasible now with him in charge 
Yiksheemash View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

I don't have a penis.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yiksheemash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2020 at 10:47am
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

He's a disgrace, completely f**ked it up 

Had meant to be be going to Brazil in Sep, likely be a good while before that's feasible now with him in charge 

we should send TJ over
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2020 at 6:34pm
Peter Pandemic (Matt Hancock is now known as thanks to Charlie Brooker) hasn't got a clue what he's waffling on about. It's absolutely insane how he's still allowed to speak.

He's claiming 17% of Londoners have COVID19 antibodies and they're considering rolling out certificates to say they have, and when asked about what if antibodies aren't permanent and if a new strain breaks out which renders the certificate obsolete, he just shrugs his shoulders LOL
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2020 at 6:53pm
Fair play to Keir Starmer putting pressure on Bozo Johnson to sort the overseas care workers surcharge. 

Thumbs Up
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2020 at 9:37pm
The world is definitely going mad. On my home tonight I saw a builder standing close to naked outside a chip shop looking for a large cod, followed by a fella walking down the road with a massive speaker on his back, definitely not portable, listening to Latin jazz. I don't know how he was powering it.
I come home and find that Robbie Savage has replaced Robbie Peston and Mick Hucknall ks trying to make himself relevant by ranking the world's cultures. All these, with the pandemic itself, have to be some sort of harbingers for the apocalypse? 

Anyway, I listened to an episode of The Stand from a week or more back earlier, it was about Sweden's handling of the crisis. Their man Tegnell is either a genius or a lunatic. I have a tendency to trust the Nordic nations on these things, but it is certainly worth following there.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2020 at 9:59pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

The world is definitely going mad. On my home tonight I saw a builder standing close to naked outside a chip shop looking for a large cod, followed by a fella walking down the road with a massive speaker on his back, definitely not portable, listening to Latin jazz. I don't know how he was powering it.
I come home and find that Robbie Savage has replaced Robbie Peston and Mick Hucknall ks trying to make himself relevant by ranking the world's cultures. All these, with the pandemic itself, have to be some sort of harbingers for the apocalypse? 

Anyway, I listened to an episode of The Stand from a week or more back earlier, it was about Sweden's handling of the crisis. Their man Tegnell is either a genius or a lunatic. I have a tendency to trust the Nordic nations on these things, but it is certainly worth following there.

I wonder did he find it
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2020 at 10:14pm
The way things are going the UK are going to have more deaths from the virus than they had in the second world war

Edited by Double Maxim - 21 May 2020 at 10:16pm
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2020 at 10:21pm

The hot weather's brought all the loony's back out alright.
I've pretty much spent the last 2 afternoons just minding my own business in a park and I felt in just vest and shorts and I felt overdressed compared to some people LOL And I even watched a 11 a side football game!
I'd of joined in if I could play... Getting punched in the face and basketball are my sports LOL

Judging by the photos across the country, the police have pretty much given up despite the threats on harsher fines. 

sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2020 at 10:33pm

The world is definitely going mad. On my home tonight I saw a builder standing close to naked outside a chip shop looking for a large cod
He wouldn't have found Boris Johnson in a chipper.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 223224225226227 839>
  Share Topic