You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coronavirus - Remain Calm. Do Not Panic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 142143144145146 839>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 2:47pm
We must have a lot of hypochondriacs in this country as the percentage of those testing positive is very low. I know the criteria for testing has become more rigorous, but there are a lot of very sick people at home still waiting for tests.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 3:20pm
Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

We must have a lot of hypochondriacs in this country as the percentage of those testing positive is very low. I know the criteria for testing has become more rigorous, but there are a lot of very sick people at home still waiting for tests.
Maybe not hypochondriacs,but plenty of f**kwits
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Il Principe View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Il Principe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 4:13pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

On a serious note you just have to look at Spain’s deaths in the last week to see how quickly this spreads.

We are going to be on lockdown for a long time. 

The UK are apparently asking the family’s permission to report the death as related to coronavirus. They only report it once permission is received. This will delay the true numbers being reported.

I'm fascinated to see what happens in Sweden...

Bizarrely, for a rather statist country, they are relying on the public to “do the right thing”, and it seems that society is responding by Working From Home etc. It’s a bit of a default from their usual nanny state approach, and people are open to that.

Belarus are hugely behind the curve, but you could expect nothing less from a country run by that collectivist idiot Lukashenko.

still playing football there too Confused
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 4:17pm
Niall Murphy a human rights lawyer from Belfast is in a critical condition. A healthy 43 year old with a young family too.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 4:56pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

It's going to get a lot worse, be like a war time situation with talk of temporary morgues and use of football stadiums as temporary hospitals, etc.

Could still get into an Italy situation for us, maybe even worse.

if it takes two weeks for symptoms to appear and we have been on the first shut down for over two weeks, with the majority of the at risk taking precautions at lot earlier of nearly 4 weeks. 

I think so far it looks like we have dodged the worst of it. This week will be key though, fingers crossed
It would damage this forums' reputation
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 4:58pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

It's going to get a lot worse, be like a war time situation with talk of temporary morgues and use of football stadiums as temporary hospitals, etc.

A man on the radio the other day was saying it will get to a stage were people won’t have electricity and water in their homes 

First and only time I’d heard that 
I was wondering where TJ was!

LOL LOL Clap Clap 

PM the sanest man in the asylum 
It would damage this forums' reputation
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 5:09pm
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

A man on the radio the other day was saying it will get to a stage were people won’t have electricity and water in their homes 

First and only time I’d heard that 
I was wondering where TJ was!

LOL LOL Clap Clap 

PM the sanest man in the asylum 
I genuinely was once! It was certainly an experience! 
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 5:57pm
Another 10 dead today sadly. 
Slightly more positive is only 200 new cases. 
Our month end prediction should be around 6k, down from the initial forecast of 15k 
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 6:30pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Our month end prediction should be around 6k, down from the initial forecast of 15k 
We’re at 2600 cases with 2 days to go. We’ll be closer to 3k cases I reckon.

The 15k was a worst case scenario, thankfully we’ve done a lot to slow it down, another tough month and the death rate should be reducing by end April.
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 6:38pm
Big thing is to see if we can increase ICU capacity before mid April. We seem to have made decent progress in that regard.
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 6:39pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

The 15k was a worst case scenario, thankfully we’ve done a lot to slow it down, another tough month and the death rate should be reducing by end April.

The big thing and question for all countries is in the absence of a vaccine and treatment what do you do the other side of the peak when you return to work.  What happens then when most of population dont have any immunity towards it but you have bought time.   Do you have feb march and april over and over again until one is found  
AKA pedantic kunt
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 6:39pm
Yeah with 2 days to go unless there is an incredible spike, it should be low 3000s.

Having said that, these are the only cases we are aware of.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 6:41pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Ah yeah no chance we’ll hit the 5.7k it’s just readjusting the maths constantly. Tomorrow under the worst case scenario we’d be supposed to have 2k new cases, followed by 2.6k then finally 3.4k on the 1st 
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 6:42pm
 https://twitter.com/osullica/status/1244312166586605569?s=21

Here’s a link, well worth a follow 

Our daily percentage increase has dropped consistently over the last 7 days too. Positive signs 

Edited by 9fingers - 29 Mar 2020 at 6:45pm
colmoc View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
serious foot fetish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colmoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 6:52pm
just seen a vid of a pub in ballygall caught open. f**king tramps
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 6:55pm
Went for a drive today towards Clontarf and there was a LOT of people out and about.

The Garda have blocked off access to Dollymount strand and the beach via the wooden bridge.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 6:56pm
Doesn’t the constant need to readjust the figures highlight the pointlessness of these statistics? I really find the obsession bizarre. That absolute **** Gove was even referencing ‘league tables’ this morning. It really feels like a replacement for sport; there’s certainly something about it that doesn’t sit right. 

As an aside, Gove also said, in a bid to highlight his stupidity, “it’s a moveable date, it’s not like Easter.” Expensively educated clowns.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 6:58pm
Originally posted by colmoc colmoc wrote:

just seen a vid of a pub in ballygall caught open. f**king tramps
where that?
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 142143144145146 839>
  Share Topic