You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coronavirus - Remain Calm. Do Not Panic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 133134135136137 839>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 10:02pm
OK, so maybe I'm going to expose my own stupidity here but here goes...
So, the general consensus from people on news programs in Ireland is that there could be a peak maybe coming in mid April. The initial measures the government took were two weeks ago and we've been told that the virus can take 2 weeks after infection before showing. So, if this social distancing measures have been working (Big if, I know), then how does that still lead to a peak coming in April? Would that solely be down to transmission via hospitals etc? 
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 10:11pm
Originally posted by daithi daithi wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

People are definitely going crazy; I got a round of applause for putting the bins out a while ago.
Id say it was more for tearing yourself away from the computer for a few minutes LOL
LOL

Very rarely use it! Check the phone fairly regularly though, between here, Wikipedia and the Guardian; especially when I’m in work! LOL
Thumbs Up
Still, ya ****! LOLLOL
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 10:11pm

People are definitely going crazy; I got a round of applause for putting the bins out a while ago.
Id say it was more for tearing yourself away from the computer for a few minutes LOL

LOL

Need a bank holiday to celebrate it more like LOL
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 10:14pm

LOL
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 10:19pm
Is there a reason we are not been informed of the exact hotspots where positive cases and deaths are occurring, just take the east for example, surely some sort of pattern is showing now of cases 
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 10:37pm

Is there a reason we are not been informed of the exact hotspots where positive cases and deaths are occurring, just take the east for example, surely some sort of pattern is showing now of cases 
No enough number of cases to persevere patient confidentially. 55% of confirmed cases are in dublin though. After that it's cork with 11%
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 12:30am
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

No enough number of cases to persevere patient confidentially. 55% of confirmed cases are in dublin though. After that it's cork with 11%

It’s a pandemic.. why are we worrying about patient confidentiality??
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 12:43am
Originally posted by Pipkin Pipkin wrote:

Not sure if you're serious but I'll answer as though you are:

Because patient confidentiality is of utmost importance.

The fact that this is a pandemic is irrelevant to the above point.

Edited by rolo - 27 Mar 2020 at 12:44am
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 7:06am
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

The US have overtaken China for cases. They really are utterly f**ked.

They will blow that China number out of the water due to that absolute dope trump.
No-one knows where the Spanish Flu originated from but it was given that name because Spain had the most deaths.
Story I hear was that it broke out during the war, and all war-faring nations didn't report it so as to no affect morale. Spain being neutral had no such issue, so spoke openly with it, tried to deal with it etc, and by the time the rest of the world started talking about it, they assumed it started in Spain as they were the only ones talking about it.
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 7:42am

They will blow that China number out of the water due to that absolute dope trump.

You can’t rely on the Chinese numbers one iota
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 7:44am
Originally posted by rolo rolo wrote:

I’m being deadly serious but will bow to your superior knowledge.

Could you expand?

Regardless of the merits; find it hard to fathom in a city of 2 million that identifying hotspots when cases are ~700 and really a hell of a lot higher; bucks out there would be able to identify those infected and not
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 7:51am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

No-one knows where the Spanish Flu originated from but it was given that name because Spain had the most deaths.
Story I hear was that it broke out during the war, and all war-faring nations didn't report it so as to no affect morale. Spain being neutral had no such issue, so spoke openly with it, tried to deal with it etc, and by the time the rest of the world started talking about it, they assumed it started in Spain as they were the only ones talking about it.
One theory is that it originated in Kansas
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 8:09am

I’m being deadly serious but will bow to your superior knowledge.

Could you expand?

Regardless of the merits; find it hard to fathom in a city of 2 million that identifying hotspots when cases are ~700 and really a hell of a lot higher; bucks out there would be able to identify those infected and not
to say area A, Band C is a hot spot would suggest X, Y, Z isn’t. Man in X will change his behaviour (head to the races). it’s human nature 
2 months ago A was Wuhan, Z was New York.
Assume everywhere is a hotspot.
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 8:52am

Just to be clear, I am not talking about people’s names and addresses here, I’m talking about the areas affected most in The Dublin area by it and everywhere else in the country, surely to god there would be a case for doing more on isolation in these areas to contain it it if it is showing a certain pattern, I’m sorry but I am not buying patient confidentiality in this situation
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 9:08am
You could probably break it down in dublin to postal districts.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 9:46am
Would this not cause additional panic?
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 10:01am
I agree with the point dont break it down. Treat everyone like they are infected or you are infected.

Had the most unintelligent gobsh*te in history yesterday barge into my personal space. In a small butcher, they had set it up that it was one customer in at a time and you tell them what you want rather than you pick it up yourself.  
This thick as f**k bloke barges in and heads straight for the eggs and picks up two packets and starts talking loudly (in the most junkie dublin accent you can think of) "are these eggs in date,, what's the date on those two packets eggs, you cant get eggs anywhere I heard". 
Shopkeeper then tries to explain"
" sorry if you wouldn't mind standing outside we are doing one customer at a time". 
Then the thicko goes "ah sorry i didnt realize I was getting in the way.". 
So I had to remind him "its not that your in my way its we are suppose to be social distancing ourselves" ..... 'yeah sorry pal" 

It was worse in person! Anyway  I worry about this country sometimes with people like that

Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 10:05am

You can’t rely on the Chinese numbers one iota

Regardless his initial point still stands - the US are f*cked. Although this is something that was predicted from close to the outset given they were one of the least prepared countries to deal with this. And that's also part of the reason why the US numbers aren't a reliable indicator of just how grave the situation is there either - they're one of the poorest countries at testing per capita. Whilst most countries actual cases are likely many times what their confirmed cases are, the US are probably many, many multiples of their confirmed cases.

Trump is now basically like yer man Comical Ali, the Iraqi Communications Minister during the invasion of Iraq, insisting everything is grand during his daily press conferences and that all this is just a big ploy by the 'lame-stream' media to undermine his re-election campaign whilst the country falls to pieces all around him.

Given that, by the time this has all played out, he is likely to be one of the most hated men in American history I'm not sure he really needs to be worrying about it too much...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 133134135136137 839>
  Share Topic