You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coronavirus - Remain Calm. Do Not Panic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 128129130131132 839>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 9:02pm
That web summit guy, as I said a prick, but he’s single handedly (according to himself) trying to source masks/gowns etc from all over the world for Ireland.
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 9:04pm
he was the lad who brought the tech conference to Lisbon. Absolute gobsh*te!
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 9:06pm
Originally posted by GB 1HughJarse GB 1HughJarse wrote:

That web summit guy, as I said a prick, but he’s single handedly (according to himself) trying to source masks/gowns etc from all over the world for Ireland.
I still don’t get who he is though? Isn’t that just a conference for ****s? I take it he is just a spoiled rich **** used to getting what he wants? 
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 9:27pm
Only 187 new cases in the UK which I find a struggle to believe 
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 9:30pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I still don’t get who he is though? Isn’t that just a conference for ****s? I take it he is just a spoiled rich **** used to getting what he wants? 
Ive worked in his business and house,decent folk it seems
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 9:31pm
Average  number of contacts was 20 a few weeks ago and then dropped to 10 and now is 5.   Has it be a good sign that the public are responding to the measures brought in..   The minority that is highlighted on social media should not always dominate the narrative no matter how much these people are gobsh*tes. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 9:34pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Ive worked in his business and house,decent folk it seems
Is he schizophrenic too!?
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 9:39pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

No way that's accurate 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 9:39pm
  anyone have the average monthly deaths in Ireland? At a guess I would say we have less deaths than normal, if most people are in indoors the usual causes of other deaths are massively reduced. 
It would damage this forums' reputation
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 9:44pm
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

anyone have the average monthly deaths in Ireland? At a guess I would say we have less deaths than normal, if most people are in indoors the usual causes of other deaths are massively reduced. 
This can change very fast though, I was told today that there are nine cases at St Finbarrs Hospital in Cork which is the largest care of the elderly facility in the south, I'd imagine if that spreads in there it could wipe the place out.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 9:55pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

This can change very fast though, I was told today that there are nine cases at St Finbarrs Hospital in Cork which is the largest care of the elderly facility in the south, I'd imagine if that spreads in there it could wipe the place out.

Unhappy
It would damage this forums' reputation
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 9:59pm

Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Unhappy

Of the 9 who have died so far, do we have any age stats?
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 10:20pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

No way that's accurate 
numbers updated to 1,452
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 10:30pm
I get why governments and authorities need to use statistics to try and follow a pattern, but aren’t ordinary people getting too bogged down in them? The only one that should matter to us is deaths. There’s a large number of important factors not included in those results, like the poster above who mentioned St. Finbarr’s.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 10:31pm
Originally posted by Dalymount79 Dalymount79 wrote:

Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

No way that's accurate 
numbers updated to 1,452

Still showing 187 on the gov.uk website.

It's a struggle to know which 1 is outdated LOL
Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 10:40pm

I get why governments and authorities need to use statistics to try and follow a pattern, but aren’t ordinary people getting too bogged down in them? The only one that should matter to us is deaths. There’s a large number of important factors not included in those results, like the poster above who mentioned St. Finbarr’s.
very good point.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 10:51pm
Yeah definitely

The chief medical officer in NI today said there are many thousand with the virus, but only 200 odd officially have tested positive 
f**k all testing going on. You have all the symptoms and are told to stay at home for two weeks and never get tested
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 10:55pm
Just to add to that; in the past day or so I have read articles that say studies from Oxford University mathematicians reckon half the UK population may already have been infected. This is based solely on mathematical probability based on the scientific currently available, so must be taken with a small pinch of salt, but it shows that unless everybody is tested these are just rough guidelines.

I think following Iceland’s research into this is going to be the most interesting, given they have tested a higher percentage of a small population and Nordics tend to be good at keeping calm and logical in these situations. I apologise for the horrific racial stereotype there, albeit a positive one. They reckon there are as many as forty different mutations of it and have traced a lot of them back to sources that had been to Italy, Austria and seven people who had been to the same match in England. 
I could be way off, but if I am fearful of anything it is how this thing could mutate. I will be keeping an eye on that obituaries in the Reykjavik Record.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 128129130131132 839>
  Share Topic