You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coronavirus - Remain Calm. Do Not Panic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 670671672673674 839>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2021 at 10:54am
Originally posted by Wheelo Wheelo wrote:

Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Big study realised this morning in the UK about the effectiveness of the Pfizer jab against the Delta (Indian) variant. Not great reading. Much less protection than initially thought, and possible that cover is only effective for up to 3 months post second dose. Critical that people get the second jab though.

Likely will mean the need for booster shots for many in the autumn/winter, so it’s imperative that the supply lines keep flowing. 

These variants are really proving to be a pain in the hole.

Still, some protection is better than no protection and the more jabs we get into peoples arms, the better the position we'll be in over the coming months. The shorting of the gap between AZ doses announced by our government this morning is to be welcomed. 
Going to be a struggle going forward as i did think we could get rid of these dam masks in a couple of month time but it looks like they could be with us for some time to come .

And people will then ask what was the point of previous lockdowns and vaccines!

I don’t think the general public will accept more lockdowns. Some reckon the UK could be in lockdown again by September?. It’s obvious there’s going to be variants for years and years. Society just has to ask itself do you get on with life or keep locking down your country. 

That’s the harsh reality of it in my amateur opinion!

No chance the UK goes into lockdown again.
Over 50% of the adult population has had 2 vaccines. 

They only solution now is to jab everybody and then start the process again.
They already said the most vulnerable will be getting a 3rd vaccine before next winter but this will probably be rolled out to everybody. I can see this being combined with the flu vaccines and you get one every year. 

But they really need to start opening up walk in centres and start doing all the 18-30 quickly. Once the Euro’s kick off and with the pubs opened it will be mayhem in the summer. 
I think supply is still an issue tho. 

It’s going to be another hard summer for those countries that rely on tourism. 

Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2021 at 1:27pm
Oh it's more bad news Unhappy

It would damage this forums' reputation
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2021 at 9:23am
Good news that the vaccine programme has worked in Bolton. A very quick turnaround in a decrease in cases and further positives of vaccines working well.

Vaccines appear to have 'broken the chain' in variant hotspot Bolton

Bolton has one of the highest case rates for the Delta (Indian) variant in the country. 

But according to the chief executive of NHS Providers vaccinations appear to have largely stopped those catching COVID getting seriously ill.

Chris Hopson told BBC Breakfast this morning that many of those in hospital in Bolton are younger than in previous waves of the pandemic.

"The people who came in this time round were actually a lot younger and were a lot less at risk of very serious complication, less at risk of death, and what that means is that they were less demand on critical care," he said.

"What we think we can start to say now, based on that experience, is that it does look as though the vaccines have broken the chain between catching COVID-19 and potentially being very, very seriously ill and potentially dying.

"There were very, very few people who have had those double jabs and had been able to have that build-up of protection after those jabs."

Mr Hopson said in the most recent phase of the pandemic the number of people in hospital in Bolton with COVID peaked at 50, compared to 170 in November and 150 in January and February.

Bolton has been offering vaccines to younger-than-eligible age groups against government advice. 

doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2021 at 10:41am
Does he not say in that, that very few young people had the jab no?
I love beer gardens
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2021 at 10:51am
Originally posted by Roberto_Carlow Roberto_Carlow wrote:

Good news that the vaccine programme has worked in Bolton. A very quick turnaround in a decrease in cases and further positives of vaccines working well.

Vaccines appear to have 'broken the chain' in variant hotspot Bolton

Bolton has one of the highest case rates for the Delta (Indian) variant in the country. 

But according to the chief executive of NHS Providers vaccinations appear to have largely stopped those catching COVID getting seriously ill.

Chris Hopson told BBC Breakfast this morning that many of those in hospital in Bolton are younger than in previous waves of the pandemic.

"The people who came in this time round were actually a lot younger and were a lot less at risk of very serious complication, less at risk of death, and what that means is that they were less demand on critical care," he said.

"What we think we can start to say now, based on that experience, is that it does look as though the vaccines have broken the chain between catching COVID-19 and potentially being very, very seriously ill and potentially dying.

"There were very, very few people who have had those double jabs and had been able to have that build-up of protection after those jabs."

Mr Hopson said in the most recent phase of the pandemic the number of people in hospital in Bolton with COVID peaked at 50, compared to 170 in November and 150 in January and February.

Bolton has been offering vaccines to younger-than-eligible age groups against government advice. 

To prevent the Indian variant you need to get the Punjab
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
TRV View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2021 at 12:02am
Health advice from Nephet =
Beat people off the streets 
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2021 at 12:09am
Originally posted by TRV TRV wrote:

Were you bet off the street by any chance?
I love beer gardens
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2021 at 1:17am
Those who have gathered on the streets of the city centre are dopey ***ts!
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2021 at 1:49am

1. It’s NPHET.
2. You’re a conspiracy theorist.

YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
TRV View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2021 at 2:28am
Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

Ye people on their own streets,  tell  you what lenny , you  stay home for the rest of your lifeThumbs Up
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2021 at 8:30am

Was that the 2fm thing that used to happen in the 80s with Gerry Ryan and Barry Lang.
AKA pedantic kunt
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2021 at 9:23am
Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

I don’t think that’s fair to be honest. Obviously there’s a very small percentage of clowns up to no good but the vast majority are behaving themselves. 
I’d have a lot of sympathy for the 18-30 age group, no prospects of buying or probably even renting for most, living at home with mammy through an 18 month pandemic, at a time where you should be riding rings around yourself and partying. Those lucky enough to rent no doubt are in apartments with no gardens, and we’ve all been told to be outside. 
Then to be met with a very hostile city, Dublin city doesn’t want people hanging around, they want you to drive in, shop & f**k off back to where you came from. 
None of the above excuses bottle being flung at gardai but this “blow out” was always going to happen & as with everything were painfully underprepared & undereducated 

Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2021 at 10:38am
@zinadine Kilbane, there’s talk again today of England opening up date to be delayed. That isn’t a good sign. I wouldn’t be surprised to see another lockdown there - and here eventually.

Well not until society wakes up and we just get on with life and live with this virus and variants over the next few years.  

As for what happened in Dublin, with nowhere to go for young people they’re obviously going to congregate in large groups drinking cans. That’s what eventually happens if you keep the pubs closed!

Problem now is even with the pubs reopening, lads will have seen the craic in city centre drinking cans, so we could see it all summer even with pubs open.

Well done on that one Confused

For the record, I fully support the guards going in on young lads who throw missiles/glass bottles at them 
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2021 at 11:03am
The medias clikbait hysteria to the CMOs tweet last weekend was a calling card for some kids looking for something to do and act the bollox. The media got a bigger story out of it and more clicks. Middle Ireland who wouldn't be in the CC on a weekend night is predictably outraged. I doubt the brats causing the trouble are regular pub goers certainly in that pricey part of town and wont be there in a week or two when controlled outdoor activities opens. Blown out of all proportion. As regards littering and pissing in the street, there has been plenty of that in various cities of europe caused irish fans down the years and usually by an older age group than those in the CC recently. 
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2021 at 11:26am

@zinadine Kilbane, there’s talk again today of England opening up date to be delayed. That isn’t a good sign. I wouldn’t be surprised to see another lockdown there - and here eventually.

Well not until society wakes up and we just get on with life and live with this virus and variants over the next few years.  

As for what happened in Dublin, with nowhere to go for young people they’re obviously going to congregate in large groups drinking cans. That’s what eventually happens if you keep the pubs closed!

Problem now is even with the pubs reopening, lads will have seen the craic in city centre drinking cans, so we could see it all summer even with pubs open.

For the record, I fully support the guards going in on young lads who throw missiles/glass bottles at them 
Youths of that age are not pub goers. That blows that myth
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2021 at 12:18pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Youths of that age are not pub goers. That blows that myth

Well not really - there was alot of people drinking in city centre older than 18 going by videos - but you’re right, I actually should’ve said with closing pubs and closing everything else that robs young lads from having a normal life.
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2021 at 1:09pm

They might and probably should delay the reopening of everything on June 21 as the Indian variant is spreading quicker. 
The pubs and restaurants are all open so the only thing you can’t do now is have large gatherings.

But I don’t see another lockdown happening with everybody over 50 having both vaccines.
By the end of Summer every adult will have both vaccines and then they can start the cycle again.

Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2021 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

They might and probably should delay the reopening of everything on June 21 as the Indian variant is spreading quicker. 
The pubs and restaurants are all open so the only thing you can’t do now is have large gatherings.

But I don’t see another lockdown happening with everybody over 50 having both vaccines.
By the end of Summer every adult will have both vaccines and then they can start the cycle again.

Hope you’re right Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 670671672673674 839>
  Share Topic