You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coronavirus - Remain Calm. Do Not Panic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 663664665666667 839>
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabrieléire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2021 at 12:41pm
Budget announcement over here in Australia suggesting no international travel into Australia until mid next year. Will have 3 and a half years away from home at that stage. Wouldn’t mind getting home for a visit, bit of a kick in the stones! 

Australia is absolutely on its knees regarding work etc, hospitality has become a critical sector meaning if you work in a restaurant/bar etc you can apply for an extended visa. Literally desperate for people to stay. I would say more sectors will go critical soon, so far it’s healthcare, disability support, hospitality and agriculture. 
“I managed to stay alive for 63 and a half years, baby”
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2021 at 2:00pm
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
jamo1 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2021 at 4:19pm
Originally posted by Gabrieléire Gabrieléire wrote:

Budget announcement over here in Australia suggesting no international travel into Australia until mid next year. Will have 3 and a half years away from home at that stage. Wouldn’t mind getting home for a visit, bit of a kick in the stones! 

Australia is absolutely on its knees regarding work etc, hospitality has become a critical sector meaning if you work in a restaurant/bar etc you can apply for an extended visa. Literally desperate for people to stay. I would say more sectors will go critical soon, so far it’s healthcare, disability support, hospitality and agriculture. 
Would have thought with the lack of tourists flying in this would be the opposite?
Del Boy: You do know what a pyscopath is dont you Grandad

Grandad: Of course i know what a Pyscopath is, its a fella who dresses up in womens clothes.

Gabrieléire View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabrieléire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 3:34am
Originally posted by jamo1 jamo1 wrote:

Originally posted by Gabrieléire Gabrieléire wrote:

Would have thought with the lack of tourists flying in this would be the opposite?

Nah theres places in Australia like Queensland and the Northern Territory that rely heavily on tourism from Australians as well rather than people from other countries. The hospitality industry rely on people coming over on working holiday visas to work for them and there just is nobody entering the country on them visas and hasnt been for over a year now. 

when the pandemic started so many people went home as well with the intention of coming back in a few months time, obviously we didnt know just how big of an effect this pandemic was going to have on travel etc. Have a good few friends kicking themselves now. 
“I managed to stay alive for 63 and a half years, baby”
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 1:49pm
Looking more likely England won't be getting it's totally relaxed restrictions in June.

SAGE holding an emergency meeting over the Indian variant causing some areas in Lancashire and Yorkshire for cases to rise by 1000%
Mulvanystrasse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mulvanystrasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by hulkhogan hulkhogan wrote:

Got first Pfizer yesterday. 34 in Canada, knocked me right out today I must say

The side effects from the 2nd dose start to kick in within an hour and are much more severe, make sure you are not working the day after.
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 11:08pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Looking more likely England won't be getting it's totally relaxed restrictions in June.

SAGE holding an emergency meeting over the Indian variant causing some areas in Lancashire and Yorkshire for cases to rise by 1000%

Any good links about it Coyne? 
It would damage this forums' reputation
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 11:16pm
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

Hmmm 

Half pint cage fighter coyner is probably making this up.

Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 11:20pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Hmmm 

I pasted this below into google and got the BBC link. Coyne Thumbs Up

It would damage this forums' reputation
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 11:21pm
Except it's been all over the English news today Embarrassed

Now get back in your cave.
hulkhogan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hulkhogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 11:51pm
Originally posted by Mulvanystrasse Mulvanystrasse wrote:

The side effects from the 2nd dose start to kick in within an hour and are much more severe, make sure you are not working the day after.

Oh no
Whacha gonna do
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2021 at 7:29am

Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Hmmm 

I pasted this below into google and got the BBC link. Coyne Thumbs Up

Bojo says nothing to see here 

Everybody over 40 has been vaccinated with one dose.
19M of the 25M deemed high risk have received their 2nd dose. 

By 21 June everybody over 30 will have at least one dose and all 25M high risk will have received their 2nd dose.
Maybe they put some limits on the numbers indoors but other than that all restrictions will be lifted as planned. 

Edited by Zinedine Kilbane 110 - 14 May 2021 at 8:08am

Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2021 at 7:45am
One scientist says June could be delayed, press jump all over due to lack of bad news, everybody believes it. 

Several scientists have already come out and said  the indian variant doesn't escape the vaccine, that vaccinated people aren't catching it, and this has been backed up by the vaccine minister. It is classed as a variant of concern due to the speed it can spread, just like several other variants of concern that have been around the UK over the last 18 months.

Edited by Roberto_Carlow - 14 May 2021 at 7:47am
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2021 at 8:09am
I would say there is a few lads past and present who will be pissed off with the optimistic outlook on the horizon.   
AKA pedantic kunt
Im The Gaffer View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Im The Gaffer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2021 at 8:33am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

I would say there is a few lads past and present who will be pissed off with the optimistic outlook on the horizon.   
Aye, and you're one of them. You've never had an optimistic or positive thought in your life, you miserable git. LOL
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2021 at 10:26am

Originally posted by Mulvanystrasse Mulvanystrasse wrote:

Oh no

I know people who got the second dose of Pfizer and had zero side effects! Everyone reacts differently.
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2021 at 10:38am
Originally posted by Im The Gaffer Im The Gaffer wrote:

Aye, and you're one of them. You've never had an optimistic or positive thought in your life, you miserable git. LOL
Cannot remember him being as optimistic or positive as that....
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2021 at 12:27pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Originally posted by Im The Gaffer Im The Gaffer wrote:

Cannot remember him being as optimistic or positive as that....

LOL  I am guessing this is someone I know under a new username.  If not it’s a bizarre post.  
AKA pedantic kunt
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 663664665666667 839>
  Share Topic