You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coronavirus - Remain Calm. Do Not Panic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 505506507508509 839>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 7:53am
Just watching an interview now on the telly in the canteen. Hospitals and their ICUs are still admitting people who contracted the virus in Weeks 3 & 4 of December.
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 9:27am
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

You realise that there is a lag between cases to hospitalisations to deaths. As has been mentioned here already, were not even two weeks into the vacinne programme. Those who died this week likely contracted the virus before the first vaccine was administered here. 

The vaccine has been around for several weeks. 56 of today's deaths recorded, occurred in 2021.

Vaccines need to actually be inside people to stop them dying. 

akin to the Simpsons advise of: Garbage goes in the garbage can.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 9:39am

Another good article by Naomi O'Leary here. 

Can't believe the Danes are so on the ball and we aren't, actually I can. What's a lot more surprising is the slowness of the Dutch, very uncharacteristic.

How Denmark is administering vaccines at three times the rate of Ireland

Europe Letter: Danes have vaccinated 2% of their population and even ran out of doses

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/europe/how-denmark-is-administering-vaccines-at-three-times-the-rate-of-ireland-1.4457739

BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 9:44am
The Danes obviously have access to a greater supply of vaccines. Is this correct? If so we’ll then it’s self explanatory as to why. 
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 9:48am
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

The Danes obviously have access to a greater supply of vaccines. Is this correct? If so we’ll then it’s self explanatory as to why. 

Did you read the article? LOL
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 9:50am
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Can't believe the Danes are so on the ball and we aren't, actually I can. What's a lot more surprising is the slowness of the Dutch, very uncharacteristic.

Europe Letter: Danes have vaccinated 2% of their population and even ran out of doses

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/europe/how-denmark-is-administering-vaccines-at-three-times-the-rate-of-ireland-1.4457739

Let me help you out there Sid

YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 10:05am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Did you read the article? LOL
nopeLOL
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 10:09am
So their health system is better organized then ours. Well there’s a surprise. 
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 10:15am
Every adult in Ireland due to be vaccinated by the end of Summer according to the Irish Times 😎
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 10:19am
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Interesting that they turned down much of the Pfizer one due to the logistics and cost involved. Our leaders would have been vilified for such an approach, which would be hard to disagree with if they had.

It's farcical that we're unable to provide official data for amount of vaccinations administered halfway through the month.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 10:28am

According to Dr Bauldie this is going against science and taking a huge risk with humans lives.

The Danes have also stretched the time after which a second dose is administered to a maximum of six weeks.

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 10:30am
Lads this is like calling the 10,000m race after 3 laps 
AKA pedantic kunt
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 10:36am
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

According to Dr Bauldie this is going against science and taking a huge risk with humans lives.

The Danes have also stretched the time after which a second dose is administered to a maximum of six weeks.

They're also giving smaller vaccine doses allowing them to give 6 from the one vial, instead of 5. Not sure how conventional that is. They're the only ones I've seen using that approach.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 10:42am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

They're also giving smaller vaccine doses allowing them to give 6 from the one vial, instead of 5. Not sure how conventional that is. They're the only ones I've seen using that approach.

I thought McG mentioned we were doing that too a couple of days ago?
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 10:43am

European Medical Agency suggested doing it last week, was posted up here, definitely the best approach, saves 20% going to waste 
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 10:51am
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Every adult in Ireland due to be vaccinated by the end of Summer according to the Irish Times 😎

The danger there is, first dose given to everyone, paddy thinks it’s paaarty time. Will happen.
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 10:53am
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

I thought McG mentioned we were doing that too a couple of days ago?
We are
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 11:03am
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Just watching an interview now on the telly in the canteen. Hospitals and their ICUs are still admitting people who contracted the virus in Weeks 3 & 4 of December.

My Mam had slight symptoms from 29th December, tested positive 31st December was fine the first week after, yesterday she was brought to hospital as she is struggling with her breathing! Talk of keeping her in for two weeks, the time frame is worrying! Hospitals will be in trouble the next couple of weeks.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 505506507508509 839>
  Share Topic