You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Irish Politics Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9495969798 202>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2020 at 12:31pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Originally posted by Trigboy 10 Trigboy 10 wrote:

Political commentators talking about how this will be such a big historical occasion and how this will be the end of civil war politics is a bit wide of the mark for me and it’s them just trying to make it a bigger story than it is. Civil war politics is over a long time i doubt there’s many people who are 100% FF blood or FG blood for some people in politics like Sean Kelly the Ex Gaa president and say Ex Mayo footballer Alan Dillon their only with a certain party as that party contacted them first they could just as easily be with FF.

It's the first time FF and FG have formed a coalition together. In terms of Irish party politics, yes it is historic, because it signals the end of the cartel between them.
Don’t you mean an end of a duopoly -  FF FG cartel via pre election alliance / agreement is more likely to be a future thing than anything in past or present. 
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2020 at 12:45pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

How would one differentiate between FF and FG these days? Seems to be getting harder and harder. 
FF would still be open to corruption more than FG.
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2020 at 12:52pm
Would they really? Dennis O'Brien has had a fairly decent run under FG as well. 
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2020 at 1:00pm
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

Would they really? Dennis O'Brien has had a fairly decent run under FG as well. 
Think about it though, almost every FF Taoiseach has had some sort of corruption linked to them.
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2020 at 1:05pm
I can't help but laugh at the English media happiness that that rabid anti-British agitator Varadkar is finally gone
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
deco911 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Reg Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deco911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2020 at 1:37pm
Originally posted by Yiksheemash Yiksheemash wrote:

Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Green policies now in the formation of the Irish Government and all over Europe and with the automotive manufactures investing billions into lithium research etc. So forget about putting your few Euro away in the Post Office, Credit Union and Banks invest in Lithium mining or Lithium chemical companies. Every Government in developed nations will have a big green programme over the next 10 to 15 years. We will be no different even if the Provos come to power. 

You can trade on revolut. So who are you recommending Mr. Expert?

I trade on the ASX200 (Australia) Have shares in Altura Mining bought at 0.04 and now trading at 0.057( they are physically mining), 
AVZ Minerals are exploration company currently in the Congo, bit of a punt with exploration companies but you might get lucky. 
Galaxy Resources are one of the big boys. have mines in Australia, Canada and Argentina. Argentina has huge potential but with Covid and political unrest it seen as quiet volatile. 
Lithium Power International are again like Galaxy. mines everywhere.
Pilbara Minerals Limited have a huge mine in its early stages in Western Australia and this week were dropped out of the top 200 of the ASX but have recovered in share value yesterday. 

To narrow it down i'd invest in all except AVZ but you might not see a decent return for about 5/7 years. Lithium markets to date peak and trough. they estimate there needs to be another 70 no. chemical lithium factories to be built within the next 10 years to keep up with world demand. currently only 17 i believe.

I have made a right few found over the last few weeks investing in BNPL (buy now pay later) companies. Companies in China and Australia. basically the equivalent of flexifi in Ireland. Online shopping and 0% interest seems to be all the rage. 

Where you get the copy and paste from????

Very scientific thinking you should change your username to scientist or lithium man
Yiksheemash View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

I don't have a penis.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yiksheemash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2020 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by deco911 deco911 wrote:

Green policies now in the formation of the Irish Government and all over Europe and with the automotive manufactures investing billions into lithium research etc. So forget about putting your few Euro away in the Post Office, Credit Union and Banks invest in Lithium mining or Lithium chemical companies. Every Government in developed nations will have a big green programme over the next 10 to 15 years. We will be no different even if the Provos come to power. 

I trade on the ASX200 (Australia) Have shares in Altura Mining bought at 0.04 and now trading at 0.057( they are physically mining), 
AVZ Minerals are exploration company currently in the Congo, bit of a punt with exploration companies but you might get lucky. 
Galaxy Resources are one of the big boys. have mines in Australia, Canada and Argentina. Argentina has huge potential but with Covid and political unrest it seen as quiet volatile. 
Pilbara Minerals Limited have a huge mine in its early stages in Western Australia and this week were dropped out of the top 200 of the ASX but have recovered in share value yesterday. 

To narrow it down i'd invest in all except AVZ but you might not see a decent return for about 5/7 years. Lithium markets to date peak and trough. they estimate there needs to be another 70 no. chemical lithium factories to be built within the next 10 years to keep up with world demand. currently only 17 i believe.

I have made a right few found over the last few weeks investing in BNPL (buy now pay later) companies. Companies in China and Australia. basically the equivalent of flexifi in Ireland. Online shopping and 0% interest seems to be all the rage. 

Very scientific thinking you should change your username to scientist or lithium man

Excellent! i'm going to wait until my next ban you Kerry prick 
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2020 at 4:40pm

You just got it.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2020 at 10:20am
Perhaps interesting, and representative that the initial declared opposition to the deal has from Eamon O'Cuiv TD, and perennial election candidate Saoirse McHugh. The rural FF faction, and the "left-wing" of the GP, are what will need to be convinced of the deal, or alternatively the voter with sympathies to both arguments will need to be obtained, in order for the deal to be carried.

However, I feel that as per most outcomes, the wishes of the top-brass will probably prevail.
Twoinarow View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twoinarow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2020 at 10:24am
FG Seats 2011 = 76
FG Seats 2016 = 50
FG Seats 2020 = 35

Leo's legacy 
2 in a row and we won it in Tallaght
Trigboy 10 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigboy 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2020 at 10:47am
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Perhaps interesting, and representative that the initial declared opposition to the deal has from Eamon O'Cuiv TD, and perennial election candidate Saoirse McHugh. The rural FF faction, and the "left-wing" of the GP, are what will need to be convinced of the deal, or alternatively the voter with sympathies to both arguments will need to be obtained, in order for the deal to be carried.

However, I feel that as per most outcomes, the wishes of the top-brass will probably prevail.
People like O’Cuiv need to actually speak up and do something like challenge for the leadership or get off the stage. He said he’s against the deal but if it’s accepted he’ll vote for MM to be Taoiseach as he’s afraid he’ll lose the whip. Was watching the Green Party woman who was part of the GP negotiations team on TV last night and i thought she didn’t really have a clue came across very poorly.

Edited by Trigboy 10 - 17 Jun 2020 at 10:47am
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2020 at 11:20am
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

You just got it.
Why not leave this decision to Mcg, he instigated this with his his smart arse reply to a perfectly good post from yik, fooking ridiculous some of the banings on here over the last year from touchy gestapo types, bring them all back 
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2020 at 11:36am
Agree daithi but any banning of willy smallbone is good in my book ;) 
AKA pedantic kunt
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2020 at 11:37am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Agree daithi but any banning of willy smallbone is good in my book ;) 
LOL
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2020 at 11:40am
Originally posted by daithi daithi wrote:

You just got it.
Why not leave this decision to Mcg, he instigated this with his his smart arse reply to a perfectly good post from yik, fooking ridiculous some of the banings on here over the last year from touchy gestapo types, bring them all back 
Calm yerself there Daithi or you’ll give yourself a Connery.. not a genuine banning, 
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2020 at 11:52am

You just got it.
Calm yerself there Daithi or you’ll give yourself a Connery.. not a genuine banning, 
Sean ?
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2020 at 12:03pm
Originally posted by Trigboy 10 Trigboy 10 wrote:

Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

People like O’Cuiv need to actually speak up and do something like challenge for the leadership or get off the stage. He said he’s against the deal but if it’s accepted he’ll vote for MM to be Taoiseach as he’s afraid he’ll lose the whip. Was watching the Green Party woman who was part of the GP negotiations team on TV last night and i thought she didn’t really have a clue came across very poorly.

He did challenge for the leadership previously to be fair. He also lost the deputy leadership because he didn't agree with party policy. 
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2020 at 12:15pm

You just got it.
Sean ?
I assume so..its a line from Only fools.....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9495969798 202>
  Share Topic