You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Irish Politics Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8990919293 200>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2020 at 9:38pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Did Artie post under a different profile previously? Reminds me of someone who hasn’t posted in a while.

who does he remind you of LOL
Hoskins
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2020 at 9:50pm

Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Did Artie post under a different profile previously? Reminds me of someone who hasn’t posted in a while.

who does he remind you of LOL
Hoskins
Shocked
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2020 at 11:47am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Leo's speech yesterday - absolute car crash stuff.
Shocked that you feel that way horsebox. 

Leo could singlehandedly cure Coronavirus at this stage and you'd find something you don't like about it.

Let me guess, you voted SF yeah?

You don't think the Taoiseach quoting Lord of the rings to the nation is ridiculous?
Not really, as Artie Ziff said, most people didn't even realise it was a LOTR quote. It fitted the message, who cares if he tries to bring a bit of fun into it. There's enough miserable people in the world right now

It's been all over social media.
LOTR one week, Churchill the next. It's a like a comedy sketch. Reading off cue like a 12 year old too.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2020 at 11:52am
The message was more embarrassing than the quote. He's an absolute moron.
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2020 at 12:51pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

The message was more embarrassing than the quote. He's an absolute moron.

He's an absolute embarrassment. Kylie, Love Actually, Lord of the Rings? Michael Collins be spinning in his grave. 
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2020 at 1:08pm

Leo's speech yesterday - absolute car crash stuff.
Shocked that you feel that way horsebox. 

Leo could singlehandedly cure Coronavirus at this stage and you'd find something you don't like about it.

Let me guess, you voted SF yeah?

You don't think the Taoiseach quoting Lord of the rings to the nation is ridiculous?
Not really, as Artie Ziff said, most people didn't even realise it was a LOTR quote. It fitted the message, who cares if he tries to bring a bit of fun into it. There's enough miserable people in the world right now

It's been all over social media.
LOTR one week, Churchill the next. It's a like a comedy sketch. Reading off cue like a 12 year old too.
Social media is just whoever ya follow, not really a reflection of the real world. 

I didn't mind it anyway, need more lightheartedness in the world.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2020 at 1:10pm
There's plenty 'lightheartedness' in the world; we don't need it from government leaders during a health pandemic. The whole speech was embarrassing. 
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2020 at 2:03pm
I'm not actually sure what people are embarrassed about. He quoted something from popular culture. Its a really trivial concern. 
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2020 at 2:11pm
I used to really like Varadkar but since the general election campaign began, I see him as a smarmy know-it-all who no doubt thinks he is hilarious by adding in these quotes.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2020 at 2:11pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

I'm not actually sure what people are embarrassed about. He quoted something from popular culture. Its a really trivial concern. 
I'm not sure people are embarrassed, but they feel Varadkar should be. I'm not sure it is solely because of the references to popular culture, more that it was an embarrassing speech.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2020 at 2:13pm

I'm not sure people are embarrassed, but they feel Varadkar should be. I'm not sure it is solely because of the references to popular culture, more that it was an embarrassing speech.

That may be PM, but on here there are a number focussed on the LOTR reference. Its just finding excuses at this stage.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2020 at 2:15pm

That may be PM, but on here there are a number focussed on the LOTR reference. Its just finding excuses at this stage.
But not because it was a LOTR reference,  more because it was incredibly stupid!
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2020 at 2:21pm

But not because it was a LOTR reference,  more because it was incredibly stupid!

In fairness, there are at least three posts here which seemed focussed on the LOTR reference. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2020 at 2:26pm
Because it was a LOTR reference or because it was stupid? I felt they were referencing the former to highlight the latter.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2020 at 2:29pm

In fairness, there are at least three posts here which seemed focussed on the LOTR reference. 
But not because it was from LOTR, because it was nonsense 
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2020 at 2:35pm
Leo must be having a bit of craic with these references. 

El Puto Amo
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2020 at 2:52pm
But lets be honest, the speech was bog standard fare. Nothing outstanding or breathtaking, but just a normal speech dealing with the roadmap. So the speech wasn't stupid or anything like it. And the LOTR quote at the end was just a bit irrelevant. Nothing to get worked up over.

But people will no start letting their own political judgement get in the way now, as an upcoming election would have FG in a strong position. The speech wasn't "car crash" or anything like it.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2020 at 2:55pm
I disagree. 'Car crash' would be a good summation of it. I cringed several times and wouldn't have been surprised to be told it was a parody.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8990919293 200>
  Share Topic