You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Irish Politics Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 202>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2020 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

What height is Howlin?

3ft 9
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2020 at 1:25pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Right, so living away from Ireland I've totally missed hearing about this Aontu party.
A quick google search tells me they are left leaning and conservative - How does that work??
Sinners against abortion. Hence why they are left-leaning and conservative! 

Peadar Tobin TD for Meath West, ex SF formed Aontu after he publically called for a No vote in the R8 referendum. 

Unlikely to be re-elected - Navan quite a SF stronghold. They'll vote for the party and not the individual.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2020 at 1:56pm
It’s actually remarkable how many independent parties are running in this election. Several have their genesis in other parties, while others are organic. I think this will be the first election for some, for others I suspect their first and last, and others their last.
Funsize Crouchy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Funsize Crouchy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2020 at 2:17pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

What height is Howlin?

He's smaller than Michael D so my guess is he's tinchy.

Trigboy 10 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigboy 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2020 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Right, so living away from Ireland I've totally missed hearing about this Aontu party.
A quick google search tells me they are left leaning and conservative - How does that work??

Peadar Tobin TD for Meath West, ex SF formed Aontu after he publically called for a No vote in the R8 referendum. 

Unlikely to be re-elected - Navan quite a SF stronghold. They'll vote for the party and not the individual.
He’ll get back in alright has a big personal vote

Edited by Trigboy 10 - 28 Jan 2020 at 2:31pm
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2020 at 2:31pm
Howlin at the moon
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2020 at 2:46pm
Originally posted by Trigboy 10 Trigboy 10 wrote:

He’ll get back in alright has a big personal vote
He is an absolute lunatic, which probably makes him a dead cert!
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2020 at 4:51pm

He's odds on to be relected. 
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2020 at 4:52pm
The Green party have no hope outside of Dublin after Eamon Ryan said cattle needed to be reduced by 50%.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2020 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by Jackal Jackal wrote:

The Green party have no hope outside of Dublin after Eamon Ryan said cattle needed to be reduced by 50%.
They would lose the vegan vote too if half the cattle were culled.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2020 at 5:02pm

It’s why the “veganism” saves the planet mantra makes no sense. How do you engineer the reduction of cattle in a way that accords with the vegan lifestyle? Also, even if consumption is reduced the vegan lifestyle would require not milking them (which has its major benefits), and that wouldn’t even make a noticeable dent in the creation of methane which is a greenhouse gas.

I think the more the Greens talk in granular detail during this election the more likely they are to make small increases, but in very localised areas.
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2020 at 7:42pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

It’s why the “veganism” saves the planet mantra makes no sense. How do you engineer the reduction of cattle in a way that accords with the vegan lifestyle? Also, even if consumption is reduced the vegan lifestyle would require not milking them (which has its major benefits), and that wouldn’t even make a noticeable dent in the creation of methane which is a greenhouse gas.

I think the more the Greens talk in granular detail during this election the more likely they are to make small increases, but in very localised areas.

I was in at the BT Young Scientist Exhibition a few weeks back and some kids had done a study on Veganism in Ireland as an approach to saving the planet. In summary, it is worse for the environment to be a vegan in Ireland as in order to get the equivalent calories, protein etc. the necessary foods are not grown in Ireland and the carbon emissions to ship those foods to Ireland, has a far greater impact than your typical carnivorous diet.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2020 at 7:47pm
Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

I was in at the BT Young Scientist Exhibition a few weeks back and some kids had done a study on Veganism in Ireland as an approach to saving the planet. In summary, it is worse for the environment to be a vegan in Ireland as in order to get the equivalent calories, protein etc. the necessary foods are not grown in Ireland and the carbon emissions to ship those foods to Ireland, has a far greater impact than your typical carnivorous diet.

Were they sponsored by the beef industry?  Probably farmers sons and daughters.

Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2020 at 7:50pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Were they sponsored by the beef industry?  Probably farmers sons and daughters.

I thought the same but they were city kids, if I remember correctly, and hoped for a different outcome. If anything, they have identified a niche market for growing lentils, chickpeas, kidney beans, or whatever you are having yourself, here in Ireland.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2020 at 8:02pm
I'm not a veggie but I have to say I have gone right off red meat and have no real liking for it apart from burgers etc.  Never was a fan of steak or roast beef etc.  Lamb chops and beef you cut open and you can just see all the sticky fat marbled through it.  Fairly disgusting tbh.  I like chicken and sausages and stuff.

Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2020 at 8:36pm

Not everyone that’s vegan does it to save the planet though, a lot of them just don’t like to see animals being killed!

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2020 at 8:41pm
Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

Not everyone that’s vegan does it to save the planet though, a lot of them just don’t like to see animals being killed!
Many more do it just to tell you about it.
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2020 at 8:50pm
There was a post on here before about people in Ireland making their dogs sick by putting them on vegan diets.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 202>
  Share Topic