You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Irish Politics Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 99100101102103 200>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martiponti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2020 at 12:01am
Not just BACK........ I never went away, ye know! The reference to a Sinn Feiner was peripheral to the matter under discussion, but you couldn't just let it go at that. You just had to have side swipe at them.Clearly the type of behaviour of someone who is terrified of them.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2020 at 12:02am
Originally posted by Martiponti Martiponti wrote:

Not just BACK........ I never went away, ye know! The reference to a Sinn Feiner was peripheral to the matter under discussion, but you couldn't just let it go at that. You just had to have side swipe at them.Clearly the type of behaviour of someone who is terrified of them.

And why does it frustrate you so much that I referenced them?
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2020 at 12:06am
Fianna Fail took the same amount of time to show their true colours once they got back into power as Fat Tony took to flood Springfield with booze again when Rex Banner was unexpectedly catapulted to what was presumably his death. 
Martiponti View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martiponti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2020 at 5:56am
Frustrated, you say...... You couldn't be more wrong. I couldn't give a flying about SF. It's you I can't have. Someone recently said you were the 26 county version of that Nordie, Terrydactyl. That was spot on: you both have been produced by the same type of matrix, in political and social systems designed to give advantage to a section of people at the expense of others. Terry's may have been drawn up along sectarian lines, but essentially it's the idea. SF are anathema to both of you, as they represent the end of  the safety nets both yourself and Terry have had beneath them, and there's no amount of polemic from either of you that's going to stop that. One thing I will give Terry is that although he's a self satisfied c£#t like yourself, the sort of c£#ts that develope from having a system working in their favour, to be fair, he's much more capable and articulate than you when trying to put up a defence. So if it takes SF to f**k you both over, I'll go for SF until such time as they need f&*ked out.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2020 at 7:29am
Originally posted by Martiponti Martiponti wrote:

Frustrated, you say...... You couldn't be more wrong. I couldn't give a flying about SF. It's you I can't have. Someone recently said you were the 26 county version of that Nordie, Terrydactyl. That was spot on: you both have been produced by the same type of matrix, in political and social systems designed to give advantage to a section of people at the expense of others. Terry's may have been drawn up along sectarian lines, but essentially it's the idea. SF are anathema to both of you, as they represent the end of  the safety nets both yourself and Terry have had beneath them, and there's no amount of polemic from either of you that's going to stop that. One thing I will give Terry is that although he's a self satisfied c£#t like yourself, the sort of c£#ts that develope from having a system working in their favour, to be fair, he's much more capable and articulate than you when trying to put up a defence. So if it takes SF to f**k you both over, I'll go for SF until such time as they need f&*ked out.

That is a pathetic, rambling post, with the key takeaway being that the most important thing to you, politically is that two posters, on the internet, who you have almost certainly never met get “f**ked over”, while throwing a few insults into the mix, for good measure. That’s really sad. The truth is, that shows that you are indeed a very frustrated poster, who has been incapable of proper debate, as you proceed with your assumption laden arguments. You just don’t like seeing SF criticised, and you were unable to deal with my arguments before the election, and now that you’re back you focussed on a small part of a post I made, which frustrates you.

Also, what safety nets do I have, and how will SF remove them if they get into office? Go on, tease that one our a bit.

Edited by Het-field - 16 Jul 2020 at 7:47am
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2020 at 9:24am
Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Another bypass for Mayo so !

Can't move for them sure!

Fingers crossed they don't bypass the beautiful and historic village of Tulsk.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2020 at 9:43am
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Another bypass for Mayo so !

Can't move for them sure!

Fingers crossed they don't bypass the beautiful and historic village of Tulsk.

They shouldn't just bypass Tulsk, they should bypass the whole of Roscommon!
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2020 at 10:07am
On a serious note Mayo must be delighted to have the Minister of Agriculture. Finally all those hard working and suffering rock farmers of the West have a voice.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2020 at 8:47pm
that waste of f**king skin and oxygen Eamonn Ryan, snoring away during a vote what a f**king neck that bastard has, I fell asleep in work I’d be sacked and rightly so, this entitled fool snores away on a hundred k a year, sick.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2020 at 10:16pm
Originally posted by oldbilly oldbilly wrote:

that waste of f**king skin and oxygen Eamonn Ryan, snoring away during a vote what a f**king neck that bastard has, I fell asleep in work I’d be sacked and rightly so, this entitled fool snores away on a hundred k a year, sick.
Posts like this are why the far right will be a big f**king problem in this country in the years to come.

Edited by sid waddell - 16 Jul 2020 at 10:16pm
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2020 at 10:26pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Posts like this are why the far right will be a big f**king problem in this country in the years to come.
It's  nothing  to do with the far right. It's calling a politician to account.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2020 at 10:30pm
LOLwhat the hell has the far right got to do with him giving out about an elected TD asleep in parliament?LOL
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2020 at 11:01pm
Originally posted by Jackal Jackal wrote:

It's  nothing  to do with the far right. It's calling a politician to account.
But it's not calling him to account. The optics of it aren't great but the guy was obviously f**king wrecked, it happens when you have to work around the clock, day in, day out. Amazingly enough human beings sometimes get tired. If Ryan had been performatively lying down in an arrogant pose like that **** Rees-Mogg you might have had some semblance of a point but he wasn't doing that. 

Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

LOLwhat the hell has the far right got to do with him giving out about an elected TD asleep in parliament?LOL
I'll tell you what it has to do with it. When the default reaction to extremely minor incidents in politics that are caught on camera is to vilify the person involved and vilify politicians in general as "a waste of f**king skin and oxygen", "what a neck that bastard has" or some such, this feeds into the narrative that all politicians are in it for the wrong reasons, when that is not the case. Such narratives destroy any faith in politics or political ideals, they lead to mass cynicism and whip up mass anger - and importantly, not for any good reason - there are plenty of reasons to be justifiably angry about things that happen in politics or related fields, but a very tired human falling asleep in the Dail is not one. 

If people's faith that any change can ever be achieved through democracy is destroyed, and any faith in institutions is destroyed, the way is opened for demagogues. This is the Putin/Trump/Bolsonaro strategy. The strategy is not just to destroy faith in politics, it's to destroy faith in all institutions, - the courts, the media, the civil service, the public service (and all of those institutions do have problems, but they're usually because of the cut, cut cut right-wing ideology). The "outsider" claims they will sweep in and "change" everything. Except they're always a f**king disaster.

Make no mistake that Sinn Fein's strategy is to do this, to whip up mass anger and cynicism in the same way Trump did. And I'm not saying they're the same as Trump - but their strategy is. 

And the far right in Ireland are even more naked in their strategy to do this. As well as destroying any trust in politics, the courts, the media, the civil service, the public service, they want to destroy any trust in science, in medicine, in any sort of academia or intellectual pursuit. They want to destroy any faith in truth and reason. Why? To put people in such a state of perpetual confusion and cynicism and to sow such chaos in society that people start to see the demagogues as the only hope for an imagined "order".  

For a demagogue to come to power, you need a population which has been whipped into the perfect mix of desperation, cynicism and gullibility. The internet is the perfect place to manufacture that.

Edited by sid waddell - 16 Jul 2020 at 11:03pm
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2020 at 11:07pm
Talk about chasing shadows.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2020 at 11:13pm

Have a day off Sid ffs LOLLOL 

Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2020 at 11:16pm
Jesus H LOL
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2020 at 11:26pm
Yis can laugh all yis want but these are the frameworks through which demagogues come to power and they've played out over and over and over again. 

If yis think Ireland is immune from that, yis are dead wrong.
Trigboy 10 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigboy 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2020 at 11:30pm
If it was Verona Murphy asleep you’d have a different view.

Edited by Trigboy 10 - 16 Jul 2020 at 11:30pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 99100101102103 200>
  Share Topic