You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dara O'Shea

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 32>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2020 at 3:45pm
Gave away a penalty but has had a good game otherwise
Sponsored Links

Liam Green View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liam Green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2020 at 3:47pm
Originally posted by Nialler Nialler wrote:

Gave away a penalty but has had a good game otherwise
Got destroyed for pace a few times out wide. 
Andrew00 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2020 at 3:51pm
West brom fans calling him sh*t and saying he should be dropped even though before today they loved him
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2020 at 4:03pm
Originally posted by Andrew00 Andrew00 wrote:

West brom fans calling him sh*t and saying he should be dropped even though before today they loved him

Wouldn’t be too worried about that fans are generally fickle and that’s the one thing I find astonishing the amount of fan bases over in England who know f**k all about the sport they claim to have followed all their life. 

He had a horrible tough time of it today now to be blunt was a baptism of fire. Hope he’s playing next week for them and isn’t dropped after today the sort of thing a manager will do with a young player. Remember Bilic doing something similar with Declan Rice actually after he made a mistake took him off at half time and never played him again was only when Moyes came in Rice was back playing.  

Only potential saving grace is that 4/5 of them were as woeful as he was today if not worse the defending was tragic.  
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2020 at 4:45pm
i thought west brom did ok today. 2 of the goals were soft enough penalties. I don't think he was caught for pace just positionally. premier league wingers are scary fast anyway.

Leicester bossed it second half and you don't blame one player, where were their whole midfield? and up front they couldn't hang on to the ball.

Also the lad is a right centre back who slotted in to play full back in a 4 on the right and has now played centre back in a 4 or 5 . and left and right full in a 4 and 5. 

One fan on Twitter means nothing or even a few. he is their young player of the year and very highly rated there. It is probably a few West Brom fans that are HUGE fans again now they are premier league.

The lad is getting tonnes of good experience. he will only play 15-20 games this year maximum anyway. West Brom are near certs to go down. 
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liam Green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2020 at 5:06pm

i thought west brom did ok today. 2 of the goals were soft enough penalties. I don't think he was caught for pace just positionally. premier league wingers are scary fast anyway.

Leicester bossed it second half and you don't blame one player, where were their whole midfield? and up front they couldn't hang on to the ball.

Also the lad is a right centre back who slotted in to play full back in a 4 on the right and has now played centre back in a 4 or 5 . and left and right full in a 4 and 5. 

One fan on Twitter means nothing or even a few. he is their young player of the year and very highly rated there. It is probably a few West Brom fans that are HUGE fans again now they are premier league.

The lad is getting tonnes of good experience. he will only play 15-20 games this year maximum anyway. West Brom are near certs to go down. 
When he eventually settles into that centre half position the fact that he’s good on the ball will be a great asset. 
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2020 at 5:08pm

The score line was harsh on them perhaps but they are poor I would expect them to go down and to be honest are the leading candidates to finish bottom in my eyes. 

O’Shea had a really tough time of it in a position that he isn’t familiar with and giving away the penalty as well. Mind he was far from the worst of them their midfield was anonymous like you say. Just making the point about him being their youngest player or one of them would he be the one to lose out by default I hope he isn’t as he wouldnt deserve it. There could be changes in personnel for their next game after that. 

Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2020 at 12:46pm
Could've conceded a penalty for the second game in a row due to a shirt tug. Wasn't given and West Brom lead 1-0 shortly after.
E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2020 at 12:50pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Could've conceded a penalty for the second game in a row due to a shirt tug. Wasn't given and West Brom lead 1-0 shortly after.

Never in a million years was it even close to a penalty.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2020 at 1:01pm
Didn't think it was a penalty either. The one he conceded in the 1st game was hardly a howler either, it was more unlucky tbh.
We're decent enough..
aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2020 at 1:14pm
How is he playing lads?
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2020 at 1:18pm
Could have done better for that goal, don't know why he didn't make himself bigger and try and block the shot.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Dots1982 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dots1982 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2020 at 1:36pm
Originally posted by aviva8 aviva8 wrote:

How is he playing lads?

Learning his way.

Hopefully we can look forward to him and the others in his age group playing the under 21s Euros Next summer. 
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2020 at 1:52pm
O’Shea playing left back now, up against James Rodriguez. Bilic has a lot of faith in him 
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2020 at 2:05pm
Baptism of fire for oshea and the west brom taam. He'll definitely learn from this.

The step up from the championship to the Premier league  is really big.

West Brom make 2 subs and oshea is not one of them.
mully_85 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mully_85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2020 at 2:20pm
very comfortable on the ball, which is a plus but needs to work on defensive side. understandable for a young lad but positive signs
aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2020 at 7:03pm
Anyone watching the game?how is he playing?
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liam Green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2020 at 7:10pm
Originally posted by aviva8 aviva8 wrote:

Anyone watching the game?how is he playing?
He’s done pretty well so far. WBA under pressure to hold on for last 10 mins. Hopefully they hold on 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 32>
  Share Topic