You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dara O'Shea

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031 32>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darman28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2023 at 7:44pm
This move is great news. Great for Dara O'Shea and great for Ireland too.
Good start to the transfer window. TBH I didn't expect O'Shea would have got a move to the EPL this season, I thought he would move to a better Championship side and get promoted at way but this is a lot better.
Hopefully he plays regularly for Burnley but he has plenty of tools in his locker to be a regular at least.  He can play anywhere across the back four, comfortable at playing in either as the 2 or 3 centre backs in defence. Comfortable on the ball and is a good passer. He is a leader, a hard worker, has a good attitude and willing to keep learning. 

It is just great to see more upward trajectory with our players the past couple of seasons after years of downward trajectory. Hopefully it keeps going that way.

Sponsored Links

Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2023 at 10:14pm
I was sent some odd twitter link on Whattsap. It was the announcement of this signing by Burnley

Confused  Confused Confused Confused Confused 

It would damage this forums' reputation
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2023 at 9:51am
Originally posted by BohsinMunich BohsinMunich wrote:

And then Burnley make this classy (!) video

LOL

I like it 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2023 at 10:39am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

I hope claret murph sends a thank you card to Stephen Kenny for playing a huge role in developing Burnley’s new signing.  👏
Morning Baldie , hope the kids had you up all night Big smile
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Banana_RepublicFC View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banana_RepublicFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2023 at 2:57pm
Burnley are closing in on a season long loan, with a €15 million mandatory buy clause, for Soumaïla Coulibaly (19) from Dortmund.

More competition for O'Shea.

J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2023 at 3:40pm
Kompany trying to do a Pep and play with a back four of CBs. That's the fourth CB bought this year not including Beyer as he was brought in on loan last summer.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banana_RepublicFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2023 at 4:24pm
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Kompany trying to do a Pep and play with a back four of CBs. That's the fourth CB bought this year not including Beyer as he was brought in on loan last summer.

Peps's system is basically four at the back if necessary, but mainly a 3-2-4-1 during most phases of play.

Haaland

Grealish----Gündoğan-----KDB-----B.Silva

Rodri-------Stones

Aké----------R.Dias--------Akanji

Ederson

VS

ST

Zaroury------Twine----Brownhill------Benson

Cullen-----C.Roberts

Beyer------Akdal------O'Shea

Muric

I could see Burnley playing 3-4-3. They have the players for it. 
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2023 at 7:10pm
Originally posted by Banana_RepublicFC Banana_RepublicFC wrote:

Burnley are closing in on a season long loan, with a €15 million mandatory buy clause, for Soumaïla Coulibaly (19) from Dortmund.

It’s a weird one unless what the lads below are saying is correct and he’s planning on playing more than 2 CBs. It’s hard to see how he improves their CB selection the 4 at Burnley currently are very talented. 

19yo with zero first team experience. Also why are Dortmund getting rid. Surely he’s an ideal candidate to develop and sell for a stupid fee in the next 2/3 years. 
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banana_RepublicFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2023 at 11:42am
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

It’s a weird one unless what the lads below are saying is correct and he’s planning on playing more than 2 CBs. It’s hard to see how he improves their CB selection the 4 at Burnley currently are very talented. 

19yo with zero first team experience. Also why are Dortmund getting rid. Surely he’s an ideal candidate to develop and sell for a stupid fee in the next 2/3 years. 

Dortmund have a good record with young players, but don't always get it right.

Mikel Merino, Sergio Gomez and Alexander Isak all went on to impress at their next clubs after leaving Dortmund where they barely played.

He could end up a bargain down the line. Former PSG talents usually go on to have good careers e.g. Mike Maignan, Christopher Nkunku, Kingsley Coman, etc.
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2023 at 1:55pm

This deal is off apparently. 
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banana_RepublicFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2023 at 4:04pm
Originally posted by Eoink21 Eoink21 wrote:

This deal is off apparently. 

Yeah. It seems that Burnley would rather an option to buy instead of a mandatory one.
longford claret View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote longford claret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2023 at 7:31am
Dara plays in Burnley's 2 -0 win at Benfica last night.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2023 at 1:05pm
Originally posted by longford claret longford claret wrote:

Dara plays in Burnley's 2 -0 win at Benfica last night.

See he played RB. If they only play with 2 CBs this season Kompany will have some craic trying to keep Ekdal,Beyer,O’Shea,Al Dakhil happy.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2023 at 8:42pm
Vote of confidence from Kompany giving him the start against City at the centre of a back three but he's had a tough opening half against Haaland.
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2023 at 8:57pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Vote of confidence from Kompany giving him the start against City at the centre of a back three but he's had a tough opening half against Haaland.
Who doesn’t?
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banana_RepublicFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2023 at 9:00pm
Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Who doesn’t?

0 goals in his last 6 club games before tonight.

The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2023 at 9:01pm
Not at fault for either goal, he's played fairly well as have the whole Burnley team. They're very unlucky to be 2 down

We're decent enough..
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2023 at 9:17pm
I think Dara has been fine so far. Pretty assured as usual.
I love beer gardens
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031 32>
  Share Topic