You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dara O'Shea

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 32>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2021 at 10:21pm
Could see O'Shea playing CDM for us on occasion, his style of play is not dissimilar to Christensen of Chelsea.
Sponsored Links

EdisonCavani View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdisonCavani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2021 at 10:23pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Dara O'Shea is quality. He just is. Is he our best player now? Possibly. Good header good and strong to get on the end of it. Hes only going to get better.
Sèamus Coleman is our best player.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2021 at 10:28pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

He's 22 years old and locked down his position in probably the team that will bounce back up into the EPL.

Hes already premier league quality for me and will be an ireland starter for years.

In terms of the rebuild of the ireland team oshea and Knight are the first two to throw their hat into the mix.

Knight O’Shea and the two star young keepers (Bazunu,Kelleher) are the 3 that really when fit are down on the teamsheet in any game. I think the keepers have established themselves too. There is a huge chance for midfielders and attackers to do likewise this year now as well particularly by the time the next Nations League campaign comes around. Interesting to see when the calls for Kilkenny to be included start up.  
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2021 at 10:43pm
Originally posted by EdisonCavani EdisonCavani wrote:

Dara O'Shea is quality. He just is. Is he our best player now? Possibly. Good header good and strong to get on the end of it. Hes only going to get better.

Debatable.
I love beer gardens
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2021 at 8:39am

Debatable.

It's not debatable. 
There is simply no comparison between the 2. None.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2021 at 9:03am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Debatable.

It's not debatable. 
There is simply no comparison between the 2. None.

As it stands Coleman’s CV it’s hard to argue he is our best player captaining and still playing for one of the top 8/10 clubs in England despite all his injury issues/age.

O’Shea is doing well and might be actually better off playing another year in the Championship especially as a key man in a side that will probably go straight back up. He’s talented and at 22 still young for a CB.

Edited by kevin100 - 07 Aug 2021 at 9:04am
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2021 at 9:06pm
Another goal for O'Shea. WBA 2-0 up against Sheffield United, who are still yet to score this season.
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2021 at 9:08pm
Clap
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2021 at 9:21pm
O'Shea is too comfortable here. Premiership clubs should take note. 
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2021 at 9:22pm
O’Shea is a player for sure
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2021 at 9:25pm
The lad is quality. He was good last year too but was playing in a team constantly on the back foot so it maybe wasn't obvious. Will be back in the top division before long, either with West Brom or without them.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2021 at 9:30pm
I strongly suspect he will go back up with them! They look very good better then Fulham even. 

As stated above O’Sheas better off staying at West Brom playing in the Championship every week establish himself properly there first. He’s 22 young for a defender time is on his side. 
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2021 at 9:31pm
Watching him here though, huge amount to be gained under Ismael. Ismael Has experience at the some of the biggest sides in France and Germany as a centre half, including Bayern. He's implementing this style where they absolutely squeeze the life out of the opposition. This means O'Shea is playing a high line and he's loving it. Comfortable man on man and marking space and anticipating runs from McBurnie who is causing him no bother. Just a minute ago he played a beautiful ball into the corner to a West Brom forward on the half volley. He'll be better for this season. 

Edited by Eoink21 - 18 Aug 2021 at 9:31pm
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2021 at 9:33pm
He won the ball back there in the opposition corner and cantered down the field when his job was done. A pleasure to watch.  
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2021 at 9:35pm
Stay injury free and I’m confident he will get 100 caps. 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Fruice View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2021 at 9:35pm
I can’t get over all this they are better in the lower divisions if they are good enough stat up there fight for your spot play against the best and improve and learn from your mistakes.

Staying at level below you is only good for lads breaking into first team football 

O Shea is a way better off in the premier league 
aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2021 at 9:37pm
O'shea and egan are premiership quality 
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2021 at 9:42pm
Originally posted by Fruice Fruice wrote:

I can’t get over all this they are better in the lower divisions if they are good enough stat up there fight for your spot play against the best and improve and learn from your mistakes.

Staying at level below you is only good for lads breaking into first team football 

O Shea is a way better off in the premier league 

He’s more then good enough yes. Context is everything he’s in a side likely to be competing for the Championship and a side that will go back up next year and he’s still only 22 young for a CB. If he was playing for Sheffield Utd I’d agree Egan is a player I’d like to see get out of Sheffield. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 32>
  Share Topic