You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Potential Bosnia away, 31 March 2019, Travel & Acc
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Potential Bosnia away, 31 March 2019, Travel & Acc

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 17>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2020 at 11:12pm
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

@Superdave or anyone else who may know, I had a late flight booked to Luton on Mar 30th and then a red eye to Sarajevo on match day. The red eye has been cancelled. I have the young lads confirmation nonsense on the 30th so my window for travel is limited. I’ve searched flights to every Bosnian airport, and although there are cheap options, they just wont work for me. Any tips on the best options outside of bosnia if I arrive on the matchday?

Ruinair 20.35 Dublin to Vienna on 30th €22 -bus/taxi to Bratislava- Wizz 07.50 Bratislava to Tuzla on 31st €30, gets to Tuzla @9am, most of the day to get to Zenica. 

Now were sucking DieselClap
Sponsored Links

Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2020 at 11:13pm
Originally posted by daithi daithi wrote:

Is the Dublin to Zadar flight with Ryanair any way useful for you sham on the 30th leaving at 18.50 ?
departure is borderline. Few options around that timeframe but as it stands a bit too early. Deise may have solved my issue though, cheers anyway
mouldymould View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mouldymould Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2020 at 11:15pm

Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

@Superdave or anyone else who may know, I had a late flight booked to Luton on Mar 30th and then a red eye to Sarajevo on match day. The red eye has been cancelled. I have the young lads confirmation nonsense on the 30th so my window for travel is limited. I’ve searched flights to every Bosnian airport, and although there are cheap options, they just wont work for me. Any tips on the best options outside of bosnia if I arrive on the matchday?

Ruinair 20.35 Dublin to Vienna on 30th €22 -bus/taxi to Bratislava- Wizz 07.50 Bratislava to Tuzla on 31st €30, gets to Tuzla @9am, most of the day to get to Zenica. 

Now were sucking DieselClap

Wizz flight from Vienna to Tuzla 07:50 on 31st for €30, no need for Bratislava 
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2020 at 11:16pm
That should say Ruinair to Bratislava the 30th and Wizz from Vienna to Tuzla, not the other way around

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2020 at 11:33pm
Cheers lads, appreciated. Got a few texts too. Reckon im sortedThumbs Up
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2020 at 9:52am
Need to be careful re free cancellation bookings.  Some of mine must be cancelled by midnight on 26/3.  Penalties could be taken close to 11.30 in Bratislava and/or Zenica deciding our fate.  
irish_goat View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_goat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2020 at 9:55am
Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

Need to be careful re free cancellation bookings.  Some of mine must be cancelled by midnight on 26/3.  Penalties could be taken close to 11.30 in Bratislava and/or Zenica deciding our fate.  

True. There's a worry mobile signal won't be great coming out of the stadium too. Will just have to take the risk though. 
JohnSwift View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnSwift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2020 at 10:03am

I was also booked on that flight from Luton to Sarajevo.  Whilst I appreciate there are alternative options, as advised by SuperDave, its going to be difficult to get back out for a play-off final in Bosnia. Unfortunately, I'm not in a position to stay in Eastern Europe after the semi-final due to work and family commitments.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2020 at 6:10pm
Originally posted by JohnSwift JohnSwift wrote:

I was also booked on that flight from Luton to Sarajevo.  Whilst I appreciate there are alternative options, as advised by SuperDave, its going to be difficult to get back out for a play-off final in Bosnia. Unfortunately, I'm not in a position to stay in Eastern Europe after the semi-final due to work and family commitments.
yeah pain in the rectum. Just sent back the refund form anyway.
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2020 at 8:54am
My apologies for asking a question that I know has probably been answered many times on here since the draw but how will the FAI do the tickets for this game if we hammer Slovakia on penos? Apply online in a very short time frame and collect out there? I cant make the Slovakia game and wont get a ticket for the North if we end up playing there and I have seen its large application numbers for Slovakia. Will we fill our allocation for Bosnia if we end up there?
irish_goat View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_goat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2020 at 11:15am
Originally posted by PanteirA PanteirA wrote:

My apologies for asking a question that I know has probably been answered many times on here since the draw but how will the FAI do the tickets for this game if we hammer Slovakia on penos? Apply online in a very short time frame and collect out there? I cant make the Slovakia game and wont get a ticket for the North if we end up playing there and I have seen its large application numbers for Slovakia. Will we fill our allocation for Bosnia if we end up there?

I think the plan is to have applications done before the semi-final. Collection will definitely have to be in Bosnia. Can't imagine we'll use our allocation, it'll be too awkward and expensive for most people to get there on such short notice. 

Not sure how they'll work ticket collection if its in Belfast. 
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2020 at 11:25am
Cheers Thumbs Up
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2020 at 11:30am
Originally posted by irish_goat irish_goat wrote:

I think the plan is to have applications done before the semi-final. Collection will definitely have to be in Bosnia. Can't imagine we'll use our allocation, it'll be too awkward and expensive for most people to get there on such short notice. 

The Kneebreakers on the Shankill Road Thumbs Up
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2020 at 11:35am

Cheers Thumbs Up
what goat said. Once Slovakia process is complete they’ll move onto Bosnia/2 County Representative side applications. It’ll all be sorted well in advance with pick ups out/up there when as you say we hammer Slovakia 2-1 on pens.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2020 at 11:35am
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Pony Club now looking likely.
Trigboy 10 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigboy 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2020 at 11:36am

Shankill road is grand! Anyway will you be going to Slovakia?

Edited by Trigboy 10 - 01 Feb 2020 at 11:36am
cardwizzard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cardwizzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2020 at 12:09pm

Cheers Thumbs Up
what goat said. Once Slovakia process is complete they’ll move onto Bosnia/2 County Representative side applications. It’ll all be sorted well in advance with pick ups out/up there when as you say we hammer Slovakia 2-1 on pens.

LOLLOL
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2020 at 12:55pm

Tickets being issued by Pastor Begbie - in exchange for an extra 'donation to good causes'. LOL
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 17>
  Share Topic