You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Slovakia Ticket Refund Panic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 72>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 4:23pm
Originally posted by Roberto_Carlow Roberto_Carlow wrote:

Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

Fai just released an update.

Game likely to be in Bratislava 

We have also opened talks with them on the allocation of tickets and will update our fans as soon as we can. We are guaranteed 5 per cent of the tickets but we are negotiating for more.

“Tickets will be allocated to supporters based on away attendance records from the last two campaigns. We will announce the application process as soon as we know our allocation.”

Is the Game likely to be in Bratislava part of the statement?

Yeah sorry didnt copy that bit in. Slovakia have indicated Bratislava 
Sponsored Links

Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 4:29pm
Cheers. Hopefully Bratislava
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 4:34pm
I know it says last 2 campaigns but really that covers nations league and this years aways which is only 5 games minus gib.
So 5 games and 3 friendlies ??
Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 4:38pm

I know it says last 2 campaigns but really that covers nations league and this years aways which is only 5 games minus gib.

Think they mean world cup qualifiers when they say last two campaigns 
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 4:42pm
Originally posted by Charlton's Child Charlton's Child wrote:

That would make a mockery of the whole process surely when you've Switzerland gerogia and Denmark from this year on record now as well which should all count.
Darraghn92 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darraghn92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 4:45pm

That would make a mockery of the whole process surely when you've Switzerland gerogia and Denmark from this year on record now as well which should all count.

I'd imagine they mean it to include this campaign, the NL and a few games from the last WCQ campaign. Assuming that they normally go by your last 9 or 10 games, that would include this campaign, the NL and  Austria and Georgia from the WC campaign
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 4:49pm
Originally posted by Darraghn92 Darraghn92 wrote:

I'd imagine they mean it to include this campaign, the NL and a few games from the last WCQ campaign. Assuming that they normally go by your last 9 or 10 games, that would include this campaign, the NL and  Austria and Georgia from the WC campaign

Sorry yes only just copped that after I'd replied. Last 9 competitive games that weren't over subscribed would go back as far as Serbia 3 years ago. 
Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 4:55pm

Sorry yes only just copped that after I'd replied. Last 9 competitive games that weren't over subscribed would go back as far as Serbia 3 years ago. 

Friendly games counted for Gibraltar

Edited by Charlton's Child - 22 Nov 2019 at 4:55pm
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 5:22pm

They did. I went from having a near perfect record to sweating on a Gibraltar ticket when they decided to change the rules overnight.

Personally I think tickets will be no problem for Slovakia, we wont take as many as people think. Belfast would be a disaster, would lead to all sorts of dodgy dealings by the FAI and supporters clubs.
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 5:39pm

Yeah I know they did, that's why I'm wondering when they say last 2 campaigns are they including the friendlies. Back to say france and Turkey and then NL and this campaign so far which would would 8 games in total 
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 5:40pm
Originally posted by Roberto_Carlow Roberto_Carlow wrote:

They did. I went from having a near perfect record to sweating on a Gibraltar ticket when they decided to change the rules overnight.

Personally I think tickets will be no problem for Slovakia, we wont take as many as people think. Belfast would be a disaster, would lead to all sorts of dodgy dealings by the FAI and supporters clubs.

Dont know about Slovakia, seems to be alot of people booking it up when looking on social media. No if they have an away record or not who knows 
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 7:08pm
If it’s 5% there will be a lot of disappointed people could go down to 5/10 or 4/10 

Be interesting to know how many uncollected in Tbilisi would get a ticket if they had got that point
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 7:10pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

If it’s 5% there will be a lot of disappointed people could go down to 5/10 or 4/10 

Be interesting to know how many uncollected in Tbilisi would get a ticket if they had got that point
Was actually wondering if there was many uncollected because there was a good crowd out there. Alot more than I actually expected.

It'll be interesting to see if they stick to keeping the friendlies in the criteria also 
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 7:15pm
Originally posted by keithgordon keithgordon wrote:

Quick question, im a season ticket holder for the last 4 years but have only ever gone to one away match and it was Scott Browns testimonial, so i would barely call it an away match, so i in no way expect to get a ticket through the away portal. my question is, would it be safe to sit in the home end and support ireland, or would you have to be quite? Thanks
Some countries are very strict. Some are not. I suppose wear no colours and see how you get on.

I'm not sure who gets a priority, the season ticket holder or the person with a handful of away games.
Cliftonville7Ireland View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cliftonville7Ireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 7:15pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

But usually when there's an arrangement there's a second leg to haggle with. You give us 10% and we'll give you 10%. Ireland don't have much bargaining power here. There's no incentive for Slovakia to give up anything

Nope alot less bargaining power but they haven't sold out at all this campaign with pretty bad attendances, given that the incentive it a few extra euro probably. 

They also gave the welsh 2k tickets and definitely didn't get that in return, all we can do is wait and see

I'm sure they will sell out a playoff. 
Looked on internet the morning some statistics page saying they had a few 18ks already. Isn’t that near capacity in Trnava?
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 7:32pm
Originally posted by Cliftonville7Ireland Cliftonville7Ireland wrote:

Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

But usually when there's an arrangement there's a second leg to haggle with. You give us 10% and we'll give you 10%. Ireland don't have much bargaining power here. There's no incentive for Slovakia to give up anything

Nope alot less bargaining power but they haven't sold out at all this campaign with pretty bad attendances, given that the incentive it a few extra euro probably. 

They also gave the welsh 2k tickets and definitely didn't get that in return, all we can do is wait and see

I'm sure they will sell out a playoff. 
Looked on internet the morning some statistics page saying they had a few 18ks already. Isn’t that near capacity in Trnava?

Think it's around 19k alright, had read online an article with quotes from one of the players saying they hoped fans would come to the game after low turn outs in the last few matches
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 7:38pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

If anyone is particularly brave, this route is available:

Friday:
Bratislava 09:57 - 12:20 Budapest Nyugati - €17.50
Lunch in Budapest (change stations too)
Budapest Deli 15:35 - 21:05 Zagreb - €15

Saturday:
Zagreb 11:03 - Slavonski Brod 13:52 - €14
Walk across the border to Brod in Bosnia, get a taxi from there to Doboj, 1 hour, about €40, so about €10 each among four
Doboj 17:32 - 20:41 Sarajevo - €8.50

So under €100 one way, but you need to book the Budapest to Zagreb bit in advance. The rest is the turn up and go fare.
Is that travelling by train Dave ?
Its not bad,a night in Zagreb would be good or even 2 if simialr options available on the Sunday.

Its not a huge distance from Bratislava to Sarajevo ,just using public transport adds a huge amount of time onto it.

Hire a bus from Bratislava to Zagreb,stay 2 nights and then hire another one for Zagreb to Sarajevo.be intersting to see is that doable or what the cost would be .
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 8:09pm

Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Was actually wondering if there was many uncollected because there was a good crowd out there. Alot more than I actually expected.

It'll be interesting to see if they stick to keeping the friendlies in the criteria also 

Trying to get the figures confirmed but it was a couple hundred at least 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 72>
  Share Topic