Forum Description: Qatar n' all in anyways
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=57273
Printed Date: 20 Apr 2024 at 4:19am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Slovakia Ticket Refund Panic
Posted By: ConorMac77
Subject: Slovakia Ticket Refund Panic
Date Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 10:39pm
Whichever stadium the Slovaks do use (Trnava according to Wikipedia atm), it'll be a very small one, and roughly half the capacity of Parken Stadium in Copenhagen. Meanwhile, lads are hearing about bandwagonners already booking travel... Disapprove

Game isn't for another 4 months but sure we might as well get the mass panic started now... 

-------------
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!

Replies:
Posted By: ringerbell
Date Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 11:47pm
Both England and Wales got allocation of 2000 tickets for recent away games in Slovakia so would have to imagine we will probably get something similar

-------------
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4

Posted By: Trap junior
Date Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 11:50pm
I just got an email from the FAI saying I have been successful and will get 2 tickets

-------------
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)

Date Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 11:59pm
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

Both England and Wales got allocation of 2000 tickets for recent away games in Slovakia so would have to imagine we will probably get something similar
So if we get 2k tickets as well then I presume that would be about 1,400 for the Fans Direct/supporters clubs since that allocation has gone up to a more respectable 70%?

Could still be tight for a lot of us. 

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 12:01am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

I just got an email from the FAI saying I have been successful and will get 2 tickets
Which hotel/airport bar did you bump into JD while absolutely buckled to get that one? LOL

You may make the most of it now that JD has gone. Wink

-------------

Posted By: Trap junior
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 12:06am
There'll be no disco train in Slovakia.

-------------
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)

Posted By: wanderer
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 5:48am
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

Hopefully but will of course still not match demand. Probably going to need a decent away record 

Posted By: PanteirA
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 9:26am
Is it the last 10 competitive away games and season ticket which determines ticket distribution?

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 9:42am
Originally posted by PanteirA PanteirA wrote:

Is it the last 10 competitive away games and season ticket which determines ticket distribution?

Gibraltar was season ticket & 6 of the last 9 and including friendlies, presuming the same criteria it'll be,

Switzerland, Georgia, Denmark, Denmark (NL), Poland (Friendly), Wales (NL), France (Friendly), Turkey (Friendly), Georgia (WC).

If it's tight I'd guess maybe 5 of those 9, but its a complete guess.

Probably fairest way to do it would be to base it off the current campaign minus Gibraltar 

Posted By: PanteirA
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 1:12pm
Cheers. I've zero chance of getting a ticket at that rate 

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

Gibraltar was season ticket & 6 of the last 9 and including friendlies, presuming the same criteria it'll be,

Switzerland, Georgia, Denmark, Denmark (NL), Poland (Friendly), Wales (NL), France (Friendly), Turkey (Friendly), Georgia (WC).

Probably fairest way to do it would be to base it off the current campaign minus Gibraltar 

But Gibraltar was at a tiny stadium that only had a capacity of 2k for international matches.  How many did we have at that game - was it something like 900?

Hopefully, if we get at least 2k tickets for Trnava, those of us with patchy away records might have more of a chance?

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 2:18pm
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

But Gibraltar was at a tiny stadium that only had a capacity of 2k for international matches.  How many did we have at that game - was it something like 900?

Hopefully, if we get at least 2k tickets for Trnava, those of us with patchy away records might have more of a chance?
900 and tickets and criteria was as above, we're only entitled to little over 1k for Slovakia if its in Trnava, hopefully we get 2k but if not it'll be tight

Posted By: OnTheOneRoad
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 2:18pm
I'd be curious to see what kind of a following we have for this one. Despite it being the distance of Dublin to Drogheda away from Vienna, it will seem a lot further in the casual fan's mind as its an 'eastern' country. It's not the most glamorous opponent, no big Premier League names, likely to be in Trnava, not very many direct flights to Bratislava. These are all minor details - Trnava is only up the road and flying to vienna is essentially a direct flight, but this only holds when you put thought into it. I think casual fans could look at it and be turned off by that.

No doubt we will still bring a big following, but i'd expect a good bit less than the Denmark playoff in 2017 for example.

-------------
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 2:39pm
Originally posted by OnTheOneRoad OnTheOneRoad wrote:

I'd be curious to see what kind of a following we have for this one. Despite it being the distance of Dublin to Drogheda away from Vienna, it will seem a lot further in the casual fan's mind as its an 'eastern' country. It's not the most glamorous opponent, no big Premier League names, likely to be in Trnava, not very many direct flights to Bratislava. These are all minor details - Trnava is only up the road and flying to vienna is essentially a direct flight, but this only holds when you put thought into it. I think casual fans could look at it and be turned off by that.

No doubt we will still bring a big following, but i'd expect a good bit less than the Denmark playoff in 2017 for example.
Hope you're right.  And hopefully the FD/SC allocation being brought up to 70% will help make a difference.  And hopefully the FAI are able to get at least 2k tickets (if not more). Thumbs Up

Suppose no-one knows at this stage when we can expect to hear from the FAI about how big an allocation we may get, btw?

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 2:56pm

Hope you're right.  And hopefully the FD/SC allocation being brought up to 70% will help make a difference.  And hopefully the FAI are able to get at least 2k tickets (if not more). Thumbs Up

Suppose no-one knows at this stage when we can expect to hear from the FAI about how big an allocation we may get, btw?

Slovakia have until 20th December to confirm stadium so probably sometime in January maybe 

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 3:34pm

Slovakia have until 20th December to confirm stadium so probably sometime in January maybe 
Thanks W. Thumbs Up

-------------

Posted By: belt
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 4:30pm
Can anyone who is close to the FAI get a breakdown over this campaign on what the actual take-up of our away tickets was between Fans Direct/Supporters' Clubs and the Football Family?

I'd imagine the proportion from Fans Direct/SCs was higher than 70%. We should be pushing for this higher percentage to be applied for the play off as it will be a fair representation of what the actual split is

Posted By: Darraghn92
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 5:25pm
We were given 2300 for the WCQ v Denmark 2 years back with 7k applications according to the FAI. The requirement was 6 aways in the last two campaigns, so I wonder would it be much different this time or would the increased allocation for independent fans and SC make a difference?

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 5:28pm
Originally posted by Darraghn92 Darraghn92 wrote:

We were given 2300 for the WCQ v Denmark 2 years back with 7k applications according to the FAI. The requirement was 6 aways in the last two campaigns, so I wonder would it be much different this time or would the increased allocation for independent fans and SC make a difference?

Bigger stadium then, we wont get that many tickets this time. 
Based on that and Wales a few years ago I'd say easily 5 minimum if the numbers that appear to be travelling actually apply.
Keeping in mind most haven't any records 

Posted By: Adobolo
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 5:53pm
Don’t know how 2,000 will have 6 aways, there was about 1,000 in Denmark this time, the same for Georgia, Switzerland had over 2,000 alright but go back to the nations league about 1,500 in wales and Aarhus. Then the friendly’s against Poland turkey and France were poorly attended maybe 750 at each. The games against Gibraltar, Wales and Denmark in previous campaign don’t count supposedly as they were over subscribed. So it will be hard to fill the criteria if it’s all done truthfully.

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 6:06pm

Bigger stadium then, we wont get that many tickets this time. 
Based on that and Wales a few years ago I'd say easily 5 minimum if the numbers that appear to be travelling actually apply.
Keeping in mind most haven't any records 

Yeah I know and that 2300 was only 5% of the 38k stadium plus another 200 they got and the usual 200 FAI tickets. For Wales they were asking for 4 aways minimum but that was 3,500 tickets as it was 10% allocation

5% for Trnava is 960 tickets (grim) and 10% is 1,920
For Bratislava it's 1,125 and then 2,250

You'd imagine judging by that it would be at least 5 minimum over the last 9 or 10 games excluding the likes of Denmark and Wales

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 6:10pm
Originally posted by Adobolo Adobolo wrote:

Don’t know how 2,000 will have 6 aways, there was about 1,000 in Denmark this time, the same for Georgia, Switzerland had over 2,000 alright but go back to the nations league about 1,500 in wales and Aarhus. Then the friendly’s against Poland turkey and France were poorly attended maybe 750 at each. The games against Gibraltar, Wales and Denmark in previous campaign don’t count supposedly as they were over subscribed. So it will be hard to fill the criteria if it’s all done truthfully.

I'm not sure what games were counted for Gibraltar, but I'd imagine if the oversubscribed games were excluded then it would look like:

Austria, Georgia, Turkey, France, Wales, Poland, Denmark x2, Georgia and Switzerland

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 6:11pm

Originally posted by Adobolo Adobolo wrote:

I'm not sure what games were counted for Gibraltar, but I'd imagine if the oversubscribed games were excluded then it would look like:

Austria, Georgia, Turkey, France, Wales, Poland, Denmark x2, Georgia and Switzerland

Correct except Austria. They went with last 9 games.

Posted By: gspain
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 6:15pm
Wales  got 1200.

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 6:17pm
Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

Wales  got 1200.

Quick look on the Wales forum has 2000 as per emails sent by Welsh fa

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 8:18pm

Wales  got 1200.

google wales slovakia ticket allocation and the FAW says 1200 but the link doesn't work now.  

Posted By: Donegalman
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 8:22pm

Wales  got 1200.

google wales slovakia ticket allocation and the FAW says 1200 but the link doesn't work now.  
Was it sold out that game?

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 8:24pm
it seems 2,137 was their final allocation which would be fantastic.  

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 8:26pm

Wales  got 1200.

It's on their fourm link here http://apostlewelshfootie.proboards.com/thread/9571/slovakia-thursday-october-travel-accom?page=5

Edit: sorry just saw your other post. Yeah the final allocation was just over 2k. Now this being a playoff dont know if they would feel that generous to us

Posted By: Greenlad11
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 10:00pm
Slovakia have yet to sell out their stadium this qualifying campaign 

Posted By: Roberto_Carlow
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 10:17pm
Never got one through the FAI for the Zilina game and just bought one in the home end for 50e outside an hour before the game. 

Only downside was the big Slovak sat next to me ate enough peanuts to feed Dumbo and his entire extended family , and also slapped me hard on the back everytime he felt we got an unfair decision from the ref.

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 10:31pm
They'll be handing back tickets when they see the opposition.

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Posted By: Maccatacca
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 10:49pm
Originally posted by Greenlad11 Greenlad11 wrote:

Slovakia have yet to sell out their stadium this qualifying campaign 

Their fans don’t travel well and I don’t think I’ve ever seen them have a full stadium for a game. 

They’ll part with home end tickets easily enough I suspect. 

Posted By: williemc83
Date Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 9:10pm
I wonder will UEFA designate a higher proportion of away tickets for this game. There is no corresponding home fixture and there isn't any precedent for this that I'm aware of so no reason the default 5% should apply.

Posted By: Jackal
Date Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 9:26pm
Do people involved in leagues get tickets? Like people who are with the Leinster Senior league etc?

Date Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 9:29pm
Originally posted by Jackal Jackal wrote:

Do people involved in leagues get tickets? Like people who are with the Leinster Senior league etc?

Clubs can apply for their allocation under the umbrella of the football family. Football family have access to 20% ( still too high) of the total allocation after fai made changes last year. 

Posted By: Bob Hoskins
Date Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 10:20pm
Originally posted by williemc83 williemc83 wrote:

I wonder will UEFA designate a higher proportion of away tickets for this game. There is no corresponding home fixture and there isn't any precedent for this that I'm aware of so no reason the default 5% should apply.

If they never fill their stadium for games then maybe the Slovak FA would give the 10%. 

When does that decision get annouced? I waiting on all that info before I book anything 

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Date Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 10:39pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

If they never fill their stadium for games then maybe the Slovak FA would give the 10%. 

When does that decision get annouced? I waiting on all that info before I book anything 

Officially they have until 20th December to decide RE the stadium, not sure about ticket allocation

Posted By: Skelly
Date Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 9:03am

Officially they have until 20th December to decide RE the stadium, not sure about ticket allocation

Seemingly UEFA have confirmed that the 5% rule applies

-------------
We all dream of a team of Gary Breens

Date Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 9:05am
Originally posted by Skelly Skelly wrote:

Seemingly UEFA have confirmed that the 5% rule applies

Yeah it always applies, it's the minimum they have to give, up to the associations then to come to an agreement if it's just 5% or any more. 

Posted By: Shedite
Date Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 9:19am
But usually when there's an arrangement there's a second leg to haggle with. You give us 10% and we'll give you 10%. Ireland don't have much bargaining power here. There's no incentive for Slovakia to give up anything

Date Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 9:26am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

But usually when there's an arrangement there's a second leg to haggle with. You give us 10% and we'll give you 10%. Ireland don't have much bargaining power here. There's no incentive for Slovakia to give up anything

Nope alot less bargaining power but they haven't sold out at all this campaign with pretty bad attendances, given that the incentive it a few extra euro probably. 

They also gave the welsh 2k tickets and definitely didn't get that in return, all we can do is wait and see

Posted By: Borussia
Date Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 9:29am

Nope alot less bargaining power but they haven't sold out at all this campaign with pretty bad attendances, given that the incentive it a few extra euro probably. 

They also gave the welsh 2k tickets and definitely didn't get that in return, all we can do is wait and see

I'm sure they will sell out a playoff. 

Date Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 9:54am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

You would imagine so, but they had a chance to qualify the other night, albeit relying on Wales losing and it wasn't half full.

We'll just have to wait and see, imagine it'll be similar to Gibraltar 5 or 6 aways needed

Posted By: Drumcondra 69er
Date Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 10:09am

Slovakia wouldn't have taken 5200 to here anyway so it's a moot point. Our offer of 10% would have been irrelevant. 

-------------
Blog: http://afalsefirstxi.blogspot.ie/" rel="nofollow - A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/afalsefirstxi/" rel="nofollow - A False First XI

Date Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 11:01am
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Slovakia wouldn't have taken 5200 to here anyway so it's a moot point. Our offer of 10% would have been irrelevant. 
Wasn't that part of the problem with the Denmark play-off 2 years ago - the FAI wanted to offer the Danes 10% of LR in return for 10% in Copenhagen but the Danish FA weren't interested in such a deal as they believed that their fans wouldn't be travelling to Dublin in big numbers?

If we only get 5% whether in Bratislava or Trnava, I'm already thinking I might as well stay at home as my record isn't great atm - nowhere near as good as it was when I applied for the Copenhagen playoff in a bigger stadium and I didn't even get into that so I certainly wouldn't fancy my chances this time. Cry

-------------

Date Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 11:06am

Wasn't that part of the problem with the Denmark play-off 2 years ago - the FAI wanted to offer the Danes 10% of LR in return for 10% in Copenhagen but the Danish FA weren't interested in such a deal as they believed that their fans wouldn't be travelling to Dublin in big numbers?

If we only get 5% whether in Bratislava or Trnava, I'm already thinking I might as well stay at home as my record isn't great atm - nowhere near as good as it was when I applied for the Copenhagen playoff in a bigger stadium and I didn't even get into that so I certainly wouldn't fancy my chances this time. Cry

Can't remember what the criteria was for that playoff but given the amount of games since that have been under subscribed there wouldn't be huge numbers with the full 9/9, like i said we have 900 tickets in gib and it was 6/9 needed and some 5/9 also got tickets. Presuming based on that it'll be in or around 5 probably. 

Date Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 11:37am
For Denmark it was 6 attended over the last two campaigns excluding Scotland

Posted By: BrendanD88
Date Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 12:01pm

Can't remember what the criteria was for that playoff but given the amount of games since that have been under subscribed there wouldn't be huge numbers with the full 9/9, like i said we have 900 tickets in gib and it was 6/9 needed and some 5/9 also got tickets. Presuming based on that it'll be in or around 5 probably. 

6 aways! I missed out by one and ended up paying a fortune for a home end ticket! Won't be making the same mistake this time round.

Date Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 12:03pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

6 aways! I missed out by one and ended up paying a fortune for a home end ticket! Won't be making the same mistake this time round.

I'd imagine 6 would definitely be enough this time too ??

Date Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 12:08pm
Another thing just occurred to me, say we get through to the final - how in God's name are the FAI then supposed to allocate tickets at just a few days' notice? It would obviously be local pick-up, but deciding who is entitled to a ticket in such a short time-frame...?
Have UEFA even considered this (apart from the nightmare of fans booking travel) when coming up with this format?*

* - Scratch that, stupid question - of course we all know the probable answer to that...Unhappy

-------------

Date Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 12:11pm

Another thing just occurred to me, say we get through to the final - how in God's name are the FAI then supposed to allocate tickets at just a few days' notice? It would obviously be local pick-up, but deciding who is entitled to a ticket in such a short time-frame...?
Have UEFA even considered this (apart from the nightmare of fans booking travel) when coming up with this format?*

* - Scratch that, stupid question - of course we all know the probable answer to that...Unhappy

Easy enough done. You apply for the semi final and the final (if you want it) in one go. As you say, pick up at the location. 

Posted By: cliffrichard
Date Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 12:14pm

Easy enough done. You apply for the semi final and the final (if you want it) in one go. As you say, pick up at the location. 

Yeah, same as Euros, get a voucher for a final ticket along with your semi final ticket, and exchange in Belfast or Sarajevo

Posted By: irish_goat
Date Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 12:23pm
Tickets is Bosnia probably won't be an issue. There will be a core of people with pre-booked travel and a certain amount who will travel regardless, but the majority of fans won't be able to get reasonable flights to Bosnia booked on short notice. 

Posted By: Deane
Date Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 12:28pm
925 Tickets for Windsor Park be tight

Posted By: SuperDave84
Date Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 12:33pm
Windsor would be an absolute disaster - but anyone who travels to Sarajevo (if that's the game) will get tickets no bother. They might not be *assigned* a ticket by the FAI in advance but if you are there, you'll get a ticket.

-------------

Date Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 12:36pm
I'd imagine five would be enough. The last two campaigns have 11 away games that the FAI did the tickets for, excluding oversubscribed games (and excluding the US friendlies against Mexico and Iceland that the FAI didn't do tickets for), with the oversubscribed games in brackets, as follows:
Switzerland
Georgia
Denmark
(Gibraltar)
Denmark 
Poland
Wales
France
Turkey
(Denmark)
(Wales)
Georgia
(Austria)
Moldova
Serbia

I would imagine the list will be something like those 11 games. Only 2 of those games have had a decent crowd: the Switzerland and Denmark 2020 qualifiers. The nations league games didn't have a heap of people at them, the two Georgia games had well under 1,000, the same as Moldova, there were even fewer in Serbia, and the three friendlies were all under 500. I'd be surprised if five games was needed tbh.

-------------

Date Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 12:42pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

I'd imagine five would be enough. The last two campaigns have 11 away games that the FAI did the tickets for, excluding oversubscribed games (and excluding the US friendlies against Mexico and Iceland that the FAI didn't do tickets for), with the oversubscribed games in brackets, as follows:
Switzerland
Georgia
Denmark
(Gibraltar)
Denmark 
Poland
Wales
France
Turkey
(Denmark)
(Wales)
Georgia
(Austria)
Moldova
Serbia

I would imagine the list will be something like those 11 games. Only 2 of those games have had a decent crowd: the Switzerland and Denmark 2020 qualifiers. The nations league games didn't have a heap of people at them, the two Georgia games had well under 1,000, the same as Moldova, there were even fewer in Serbia, and the three friendlies were all under 500. I'd be surprised if five games was needed tbh.
Can't see them going back to 11, imagine they'll use the same as gib which was 9. 
But i would have thought the same, that 5 maybe 6 might be enough for Slovakia anyway.

Posted By: cardwizzard
Date Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 1:09pm
In a way we are lucky the North was in our pot. Imagine having to book two away cities for the final.  Trying to get from bratislava to olso or Sarajevo  for example, it'd cost a fortune and no guarantee we'd even be playing. ShockedShocked

Posted By: Éire2206
Date Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 1:52pm
Wonder what the abbey Travel package will be for the final if we get there and if it’s Northern Ireland

Date Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 2:21pm

Switzerland
Georgia
Denmark
(Gibraltar)
Denmark 
Poland
Wales
France
Turkey
(Denmark)
(Wales)
Georgia
(Austria)
Moldova
Serbia

Austria was included in the previous games for applications, from what I remember it wasn't massively oversubscribed and everyone got sorted in the end. Although I could be wrong, but it was definitely included for the Wales WCQ

Posted By: Greenlad11
Date Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 2:24pm

Switzerland
Georgia
Denmark
(Gibraltar)
Denmark 
Poland
Wales
France
Turkey
(Denmark)
(Wales)
Georgia
(Austria)
Moldova
Serbia

Austria was included in the previous games for applications, from what I remember it wasn't massively oversubscribed and everyone got sorted in the end. Although I could be wrong, but it was definitely included for the Wales WCQ

Ya A group of us went to that game with no booking history and we all got tickets through the FAI

Posted By: Newryrep
Date Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 2:30pm

Windsor would be an absolute disaster - but anyone who travels to Sarajevo (if that's the game) will get tickets no bother. They might not be *assigned* a ticket by the FAI in advance but if you are there, you'll get a ticket.

Windsor will be another Gibralter - likely 6 or 7/10 needed cant see that many flying at essentially very short notice to Sarajevo ( would it even be in Sarajevo)  though a few will head on from Slovakia.

-------------
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941

Date Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 2:45pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Windsor will be another Gibralter - likely 6 or 7/10 needed cant see that many flying at essentially very short notice to Sarajevo ( would it even be in Sarajevo)  though a few will head on from Slovakia.
Agree windsor would be a nightmare allocation wise and logistically too given the amount of forward planning needed around security etc. 

Out of interest what do you reckon might be needed for Slovakia ? 

Still a reasonably cheap route there at the moment to bosnia heading on from Slovakia if you were prepared to take a hit on 100 quid if we didn't make it.

Posted By: keithgordon
Date Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 2:47pm
Quick question, im a season ticket holder for the last 4 years but have only ever gone to one away match and it was Scott Browns testimonial, so i would barely call it an away match, so i in no way expect to get a ticket through the away portal. my question is, would it be safe to sit in the home end and support ireland, or would you have to be quite? Thanks

Date Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 2:48pm
If anyone is particularly brave, this route is available:

Friday:
Bratislava 09:57 - 12:20 Budapest Nyugati - €17.50
Lunch in Budapest (change stations too)
Budapest Deli 15:35 - 21:05 Zagreb - €15

Saturday:
Zagreb 11:03 - Slavonski Brod 13:52 - €14
Walk across the border to Brod in Bosnia, get a taxi from there to Doboj, 1 hour, about €40, so about €10 each among four
Doboj 17:32 - 20:41 Sarajevo - €8.50

So under €100 one way, but you need to book the Budapest to Zagreb bit in advance. The rest is the turn up and go fare.

-------------

Posted By: foggy.nelson
Date Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 2:53pm

Friday:

Saturday:
Walk across the border to Brod in Bosnia, get a taxi from there to Doboj, 1 hour, about €40, so about €10 each among four

So under €100 one way, but you need to book the Budapest to Zagreb bit in advance. The rest is the turn up and go fare.

Thinking of doing something similar, but through Split.
Have family there so might stay with for a night or two. Looks like i will have to get buses (Your mortal enemy) but it might keep costs down

Date Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 3:03pm
Fai just released an update.

Game likely to be in Bratislava 

We have also opened talks with them on the allocation of tickets and will update our fans as soon as we can. We are guaranteed 5 per cent of the tickets but we are negotiating for more.

“Tickets will be allocated to supporters based on away attendance records from the last two campaigns. We will announce the application process as soon as we know our allocation.”

Posted By: Trigboy 10
Date Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 3:09pm

Friday:

Saturday:

That sounds quite good

Date Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 3:28pm
Full wording from FAI

“We have also opened talks with them on the allocation of tickets and will update our fans as soon as we can. We are guaranteed 5 per cent of the tickets but we are negotiating for more.

“Tickets will be allocated to supporters based on away attendance records from the last two campaigns. We will announce the application process as soon as we know our allocation.”

So when they say 2 campaigns is it nations league and euros this year ? Friendlies were included for Gibraltar so presume the same here too

Date Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 4:15pm

We have also opened talks with them on the allocation of tickets and will update our fans as soon as we can. We are guaranteed 5 per cent of the tickets but we are negotiating for more.

Is the Game likely to be in Bratislava part of the statement?

Posted By: irish_goat
Date Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 4:23pm
Originally posted by Roberto_Carlow Roberto_Carlow wrote:

Aye, statement is http://https://www.fai.ie/ireland/news/mccarthy-we-know-what-we-have-to-do" rel="nofollow - here .

An FAI spokesman said: “Slovakia have intimated the game will take place in Bratislava but they have some final checks to make on the ground there before they can confirm it as the venue.

Date Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 4:23pm

Yeah sorry didnt copy that bit in. Slovakia have indicated Bratislava 

Date Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 4:29pm
Cheers. Hopefully Bratislava

Date Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 4:34pm
I know it says last 2 campaigns but really that covers nations league and this years aways which is only 5 games minus gib.
So 5 games and 3 friendlies ??

Posted By: Charlton's Child
Date Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 4:38pm

I know it says last 2 campaigns but really that covers nations league and this years aways which is only 5 games minus gib.

Think they mean world cup qualifiers when they say last two campaigns 

Date Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 4:42pm
Originally posted by Charlton's Child Charlton's Child wrote:

That would make a mockery of the whole process surely when you've Switzerland gerogia and Denmark from this year on record now as well which should all count.

Date Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 4:45pm

That would make a mockery of the whole process surely when you've Switzerland gerogia and Denmark from this year on record now as well which should all count.

I'd imagine they mean it to include this campaign, the NL and a few games from the last WCQ campaign. Assuming that they normally go by your last 9 or 10 games, that would include this campaign, the NL and  Austria and Georgia from the WC campaign

Date Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 4:49pm

I'd imagine they mean it to include this campaign, the NL and a few games from the last WCQ campaign. Assuming that they normally go by your last 9 or 10 games, that would include this campaign, the NL and  Austria and Georgia from the WC campaign

Sorry yes only just copped that after I'd replied. Last 9 competitive games that weren't over subscribed would go back as far as Serbia 3 years ago. 

Posted By: Charlton's Child
Date Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 4:55pm

Sorry yes only just copped that after I'd replied. Last 9 competitive games that weren't over subscribed would go back as far as Serbia 3 years ago. 

Friendly games counted for Gibraltar

Date Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 5:22pm

They did. I went from having a near perfect record to sweating on a Gibraltar ticket when they decided to change the rules overnight.

Personally I think tickets will be no problem for Slovakia, we wont take as many as people think. Belfast would be a disaster, would lead to all sorts of dodgy dealings by the FAI and supporters clubs.

Date Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 5:39pm

Yeah I know they did, that's why I'm wondering when they say last 2 campaigns are they including the friendlies. Back to say france and Turkey and then NL and this campaign so far which would would 8 games in total 

Date Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 5:40pm

They did. I went from having a near perfect record to sweating on a Gibraltar ticket when they decided to change the rules overnight.

Personally I think tickets will be no problem for Slovakia, we wont take as many as people think. Belfast would be a disaster, would lead to all sorts of dodgy dealings by the FAI and supporters clubs.

Dont know about Slovakia, seems to be alot of people booking it up when looking on social media. No if they have an away record or not who knows 

Date Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 7:08pm
If it’s 5% there will be a lot of disappointed people could go down to 5/10 or 4/10 

Be interesting to know how many uncollected in Tbilisi would get a ticket if they had got that point

-------------
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941

Date Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 7:10pm

If it’s 5% there will be a lot of disappointed people could go down to 5/10 or 4/10 

Be interesting to know how many uncollected in Tbilisi would get a ticket if they had got that point
Was actually wondering if there was many uncollected because there was a good crowd out there. Alot more than I actually expected.

It'll be interesting to see if they stick to keeping the friendlies in the criteria also 

Posted By: Jackal
Date Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 7:15pm
Originally posted by keithgordon keithgordon wrote:

Quick question, im a season ticket holder for the last 4 years but have only ever gone to one away match and it was Scott Browns testimonial, so i would barely call it an away match, so i in no way expect to get a ticket through the away portal. my question is, would it be safe to sit in the home end and support ireland, or would you have to be quite? Thanks
Some countries are very strict. Some are not. I suppose wear no colours and see how you get on.

I'm not sure who gets a priority, the season ticket holder or the person with a handful of away games.

Posted By: Cliftonville7Ireland
Date Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 7:15pm

Looked on internet the morning some statistics page saying they had a few 18ks already. Isn’t that near capacity in Trnava?

Date Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 7:32pm
Originally posted by Cliftonville7Ireland Cliftonville7Ireland wrote:

Looked on internet the morning some statistics page saying they had a few 18ks already. Isn’t that near capacity in Trnava?

Think it's around 19k alright, had read online an article with quotes from one of the players saying they hoped fans would come to the game after low turn outs in the last few matches

Posted By: rossieman
Date Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 7:38pm

Friday:

Saturday:

Is that travelling by train Dave ?
Its not bad,a night in Zagreb would be good or even 2 if simialr options available on the Sunday.

Its not a huge distance from Bratislava to Sarajevo ,just using public transport adds a huge amount of time onto it.

Hire a bus from Bratislava to Zagreb,stay 2 nights and then hire another one for Zagreb to Sarajevo.be intersting to see is that doable or what the cost would be .

Date Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 8:09pm

Was actually wondering if there was many uncollected because there was a good crowd out there. Alot more than I actually expected.

It'll be interesting to see if they stick to keeping the friendlies in the criteria also 

Trying to get the figures confirmed but it was a couple hundred at least 

-------------

Date Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 8:10pm

Really, actually surprised at that because I thought there would be less at it.
So they lose a point and pick up for next away game wasn't it

Posted By: VanBosch
Date Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 8:34pm

I was there, collected and showed ID. I’d imagine most people who wanted to harvest tickets would know someone who was travelling who could chance their arm and collect tickets with some excuse as to why they forgot their ID etc. We’re they strict on the ID does anyone know?

Date Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 8:36pm
Originally posted by VanBosch VanBosch wrote:

I was there, collected and showed ID. I’d imagine most people who wanted to harvest tickets would know someone who was travelling who could chance their arm and collect tickets with some excuse as to why they forgot their ID etc. We’re they strict on the ID does anyone know?

They were - Just to give you an example, I went to play in the fans game but my mate collected mine at the same time. Was only given the ticket when he produced my passport.
And well done to the folks from the Mandate committee who gave up their time to help run the collections. 

Posted By: keithgordon
Date Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 8:38pm
Originally posted by Jackal Jackal wrote:

Originally posted by keithgordon keithgordon wrote:

Some countries are very strict. Some are not. I suppose wear no colours and see how you get on.

I'm not sure who gets a priority, the season ticket holder or the person with a handful of away games.

Fair, I can’t imagine I’d be the only Irish supporter sitting in the home end anyway with the amount of people that seem to be booking flights over.

According to the FAI statement it’s going by away attendance anyway.

Date Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 8:47pm

Originally posted by VanBosch VanBosch wrote:

They were - Just to give you an example, I went to play in the fans game but my mate collected mine at the same time. Was only given the ticket when he produced my passport.
And well done to the folks from the Mandate committee who gave up their time to help run the collections. 

Yeah I can back this up, you couldn't pick up for mates, if the ticket was in your  name it was you and you only that could collect. It was very well ran

Posted By: belt
Date Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 8:53pm
I collected myself.and my friend's ticket (one envelope under my name) amd I wasnt asked for ID at all so could have been anyone collecting it for me

In fairness, the 2 ticket people were distracted chatting to an older gentleman in a Packie Bonner jersey LOL

Posted By: kevincronin2000
Date Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 9:05pm
Originally posted by belt belt wrote:

I collected myself.and my friend's ticket (one envelope under my name) amd I wasnt asked for ID at all so could have been anyone collecting it for me

In fairness, the 2 ticket people were distracted chatting to an older gentleman in a Packie Bonner jersey LOL
Tbf alot of the regulars are known so no I'd required really

-------------
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.

Date Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 10:59pm
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Friday:

Saturday:

Its not bad,a night in Zagreb would be good or even 2 if simialr options available on the Sunday.

Its not a huge distance from Bratislava to Sarajevo ,just using public transport adds a huge amount of time onto it.

Hire a bus from Bratislava to Zagreb,stay 2 nights and then hire another one for Zagreb to Sarajevo.be intersting to see is that doable or what the cost would be .

Yeah, it's train for each part bar the Brod to Doboj part.

There are direct buses from Bratislava to Sarajevo on Saturday and Sunday night, overnight, departing 19:50, arriving 09:10 (well, 10:10 on the Sunday, seeing as the hour goes forward that weekend).

They're with Flixbus and the tickets are currently €29.99. I doubt anyone *wants* to spend 13 hours on a bus but the option is there for short-notice travel.

-------------

Posted By: Il Principe
Date Posted: 23 Nov 2019 at 12:30am

Friday:

Saturday:

There are direct buses from Bratislava to Sarajevo on Saturday and Sunday night, overnight, departing 19:50, arriving 09:10 (well, 10:10 on the Sunday, seeing as the hour goes forward that weekend).

They're with Flixbus and the tickets are currently €29.99. I doubt anyone *wants* to spend 13 hours on a bus but the option is there for short-notice travel.

Flixbus are grand, i did the 7 hour copenhagen to hamburg for the last playoff and it was fine. Slept about 5 hours of it Thumbs Up

Posted By: rossieman
Date Posted: 23 Nov 2019 at 9:20am

Friday:

Saturday:

13 hours on a bus would be a f**king killerLOL

I reckon hiring a bus would be Ok once it was broken up by a night or 2 stopped along the way.

Even get those trains from Bratislave to Zagreb on the Friday ,stay there 2 nights and then hire a private bus to drive Zagreb to sarajevo on the Sunday.Its 6 hour drive which is manageable .

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net