You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Slovakia Ticket Refund Panic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3132333435 72>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Missy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2020 at 11:19am
I agree with one fan one account weather they are in an SC or not.
The North have a system that accommodates both.
Games mentioned above have fallen off criteria. They only go back 2 years this allows those starting outcasts chance to get oversubscribed games if they go regularly 

All opinions are my own and have f**k all to do with Mullingar RISSC CRISC Ticket Office or the FAI
Sponsored Links

Pauldaly1984 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauldaly1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2020 at 11:28am
I know a lad who has never been to an away before in his life. Season ticket holder mind you. Anyways he was told he’d prob get a ticket through a SC he’s a member of. I’ll see when the tickets get allocated
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2020 at 11:34am
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Harvesting is a problem but is being addressed as per NRs post on the matter a while back. First steps were taken prior to Georgia with the email offering the opportunity to anyone whose plans had changed (werent really going in the first place) to advise the TO and have their order cancelled and a refund issued. I believe also that those who failed to collect in Georgia received notification that the game was being removed from their account without refund. Like anything else, it will take a bit of time for the meassge to get through, and like every ‘crime’ it will never be eradicated.

I applied for a ticket for the Georgia match for my friend who is on the season ticket with me but did not have an away account at the time. I was told he wouldn't be able to receive the ticket in Tblisi but he had no hassle collecting in the end.

Will that match still be on my account?
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2020 at 11:42am
Originally posted by Mr. Snrub Mr. Snrub wrote:

Harvesting is a problem but is being addressed as per NRs post on the matter a while back. First steps were taken prior to Georgia with the email offering the opportunity to anyone whose plans had changed (werent really going in the first place) to advise the TO and have their order cancelled and a refund issued. I believe also that those who failed to collect in Georgia received notification that the game was being removed from their account without refund. Like anything else, it will take a bit of time for the meassge to get through, and like every ‘crime’ it will never be eradicated.

I applied for a ticket for the Georgia match for my friend who is on the season ticket with me but did not have an away account at the time. I was told he wouldn't be able to receive the ticket in Tblisi but he had no hassle collecting in the end.

Wouldn't you have had to enter his name and details on the application? 
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2020 at 11:53am
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

I had applied for 2 tickets as I was intending on going but I switched to a 9-5 in my office and no longer had enough holidays for it. I emailed the FAI and they said he wouldn't be able to collect the tickets but he had no hassle whatsoever.

My application for Georgia is still on the away portal.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2020 at 12:28pm

I had applied for 2 tickets as I was intending on going but I switched to a 9-5 in my office and no longer had enough holidays for it. I emailed the FAI and they said he wouldn't be able to collect the tickets but he had no hassle whatsoever.

If he wasn’t the lead booker he had to collect off Cria who woukd of gave him they ticket as either she was advised previously that the lead booker didn’t travel or she wasn’t aware of it and she made a note of it 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2020 at 12:36pm

You still have to enter a second individual's details if you're applying for two tickets on the away portal though? My missus comes on some of the trips with me these days and I apply for the tickets through my account but have to enter her details for example.
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
SeanPeadir View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeanPeadir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2020 at 3:13pm
I'm hearing rumours ticket applications are well oversubscribed, I reckon 4-5 aways needed

Edited by SeanPeadir - 28 Jan 2020 at 4:59pm
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2020 at 3:58pm

You still have to enter a second individual's details if you're applying for two tickets on the away portal though? My missus comes on some of the trips with me these days and I apply for the tickets through my account but have to enter her details for example.

I must have only applied for 1, I never had the option to book more.

It was the same scenario with the Slovakia portal.

Excuse my stupidity, but where is the option tom select more than 1 ticket?
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2020 at 4:07pm
Originally posted by SeanPeadir SeanPeadir wrote:

I'm hearing rumours ticket applications are well oversubscribed, I reckon 4-5 always needed
Was always going to be oversubscribed. Geniuses with duplicate applications, SCs applying for more, sponsors wanting more incl Abbey who may sell more seats than normal on their Dick Turpin Airways flight. Once the apps are categorised into their respective headings, it’ll be grand.
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2020 at 5:11pm
Originally posted by SeanPeadir SeanPeadir wrote:

I'm hearing rumours ticket applications are well oversubscribed, I reckon 4-5 aways needed

Keep in mind with that you've people applying multiple times over different accounts along with first time applicants too.
Its last 8 away, thinking from the start was 3/4 out of that.
SUPERWESLEYHOOLAHAN View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SUPERWESLEYHOOLAHAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2020 at 7:22pm
Thank God that Irish Football Fan TV shared the video telling us how to apply for tickets, and also to inform anyone that has never been to a game before to apply that they'll more than likely be sorted, would be a shame if the bandwagon were to miss out Cry
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2020 at 7:27pm
Originally posted by SUPERWESLEYHOOLAHAN SUPERWESLEYHOOLAHAN wrote:

Thank God that Irish Football Fan TV shared the video telling us how to apply for tickets, and also to inform anyone that has never been to a game before to apply that they'll more than likely be sorted, would be a shame if the bandwagon were to miss out Cry
One of the many silly videos. Why even give people the hope of getting a ticket very handy when it seems that it’s fairly oversubscribed.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2020 at 7:49pm

I don’t particularly have an issue on telling people how to apply , sure I ran into 3 guys in Aarhus who were told you could only get away tickets from a supporters club .....

However if he was saying new applicants  would get sorted with no record he is clearly delusional 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2020 at 7:56pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

I don’t particularly have an issue on telling people how to apply , sure I ran into 3 guys in Aarhus who were told you could only get away tickets from a supporters club .....

However if he was saying new applicants  would get sorted with no record he is clearly delusional 
Yeah the video said apply anyway because you might have a good chance.

Same video also talking about euro 2020 tickets saying to get them in the public ballot. When realistically everyone with an away record will get them in the fai allocation if we qualify.

Overall seems to be aimed at people who haven't been to an away game before who realistically wont get a ticket for Slovakia, false hope 

Edited by wanderer - 28 Jan 2020 at 8:30pm
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2020 at 8:48pm
You'd have to have an account. A bit late now to be creating an away portal account.
Adobolo View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adobolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2020 at 1:14am
If 3-4 aways does not get a ticket for bratislava there is something seriously wrong epically seen as Turkey Paris wroclaw aarhaus and Cardiff are included. Only the most arduous of away supporter were at all those 5. So say you were at 1 of them and went to all this qualifying campaign that's 4 aways, if that's not enough I'll throw my hat at it. SC need to be under the same rules as the indipendant traveller because it seems the indipendant traveller gets the raw deal all the time. 
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2020 at 1:46am
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

The only information it gave was apply for tickets on Fai.away and that everyone should do it as “if there’s 2500 or 3000 applicants the Fai might try get that many tickets”. Certainly misleading to newer people applying for away tickets anyway. It would be the first time I can remember that another FA would do that. To be honest that Fai page on Instagram is much more useful and insightful, it was the page that got the march going before the Denmark game.

Edited by Donegalman - 29 Jan 2020 at 5:46am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3132333435 72>
  Share Topic