You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Slovakia Ticket Refund Panic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3031323334 72>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2020 at 4:47pm
Originally posted by Fanny MaGee Fanny MaGee wrote:

I get your point, it's not a perfect system. In his defence when he was taking applications he said if you don't have a season ticket and you're not a regular away traveller don't bother applying, you won't get sorted. We're based on the continent and in the group there's a hardcore of 20-25 that go to almost every game, if we have a straggler or 2 they usually ask for single tickets for games in Dublin.

On a side note, he has a Slovakian lad he works with on standby to get home end tickets in case we all don't get sorted. He reckons he'll get some for us no problem, doubts the game will sell out.
It’s not just your club but for every club. Should be the one system for everyone especially when supporters clubs are sharing the same percentage allocation as the independent supporters through fans direct. Football family should be cut down to a minimum and the abbey travel allocation cut too.
Sponsored Links

reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2020 at 5:05pm
SC's could also apply for lads who have good records that they know won't be travelling and give those tickets to other people. It would also keep a good record for the lads who couldn't travel. Can't see how that could be policed. 
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2020 at 5:14pm
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

SC's could also apply for lads who have good records that they know won't be travelling and give those tickets to other people. It would also keep a good record for the lads who couldn't travel. Can't see how that could be policed. 
That can also happen with fans direct, for argument's sake I order two tickets on my account using two profiles, but the second person is a different one every time. Look the current system isn't perfect but we have a come a long way since the Scotland fiasco and if you look back to the Gibraltar game it was all regular away travellers in the ground that night. 

Edited by kevincronin2000 - 27 Jan 2020 at 5:14pm
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2020 at 5:15pm

SC's could also apply for lads who have good records that they know won't be travelling and give those tickets to other people. It would also keep a good record for the lads who couldn't travel. Can't see how that could be policed

random collection in the destination city  of say 50 -100 at the ground 3-4 before KO
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2020 at 5:55pm
I hope they dont use this duplicate account nonsense again for this game. 2 of us on the same account going back years travelling togwther, but for Gibraltar we were told it had to be classed as one, so only got a single ticket.

Would have no problem having two individual accounts, but dont trust the fai not to delete one of our records.

Edited by Roberto_Carlow - 27 Jan 2020 at 5:55pm
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2020 at 5:59pm
Originally posted by Roberto_Carlow Roberto_Carlow wrote:

I hope they dont use this duplicate account nonsense again for this game. 2 of us on the same account going back years travelling togwther, but for Gibraltar we were told it had to be classed as one, so only got a single ticket.

Would have no problem having two individual accounts, but dont trust the fai not to delete one of our records.
Well that shouldn't have happened.  Each person on the account has they're own record. Loads of people do it and were fine for Gibraltar. I do it for every game and never had an issue as theres a season ticket assigned to each person on the profile. 

Hopefully you dont have that issue for Slovakia given the decent allocation 

Edited by wanderer - 27 Jan 2020 at 6:02pm
VanBosch View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VanBosch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2020 at 6:14pm
when do we expect to hear the total applications and criteria if needed?
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2020 at 7:41pm
Originally posted by VanBosch VanBosch wrote:

I would guess a couple of weeks . They are going to need time to go through the applications to weed out the duplicates
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2020 at 7:55pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Originally posted by VanBosch VanBosch wrote:

I would guess a couple of weeks . They are going to need time to go through the applications to weed out the duplicates

I will chain myself naked to the fai gates in protest delaying it a further week.
Pauldaly1984 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauldaly1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2020 at 8:09pm
Just a point on processes. For the Cardiff game in 2017 I applied through my own account for 2 tickets for myself and a pal who had a good enough record. Also applied through the local football club (first time ever doing this) as I had a family member on the committee. Just said I’d chance it in case I didn’t get sorted myself. He sent me a form looking for passport number, flight details etc. Filled this out with the exact same details as my own application thinking I may get one or the other but most definitely not both. Remember this game was one of the most oversubscribed in recent history. In the end I ended up with 4 . So either 
A. They don’t check duplicate and gave both to me on my record of attending previous games 
B they give tickets out to football family/sc’s and don’t really care who gets them after that
JohnSwift View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnSwift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2020 at 9:12pm
Originally posted by Pauldaly1984 Pauldaly1984 wrote:

Just a point on processes. For the Cardiff game in 2017 I applied through my own account for 2 tickets for myself and a pal who had a good enough record. Also applied through the local football club (first time ever doing this) as I had a family member on the committee. Just said I’d chance it in case I didn’t get sorted myself. He sent me a form looking for passport number, flight details etc. Filled this out with the exact same details as my own application thinking I may get one or the other but most definitely not both. Remember this game was one of the most oversubscribed in recent history. In the end I ended up with 4 . So either 
A. They don’t check duplicate and gave both to me on my record of attending previous games 
B they give tickets out to football family/sc’s and don’t really care who gets them after that

That doesn't surprise me. I remember being in Cardiff for that match and a mate of mine was without a ticket. He had been to two away fixtures out of the last ten.  A fella he knew from one of the supporters clubs sorted him with a ticket as this particular supporters club had received more tickets than it needed.

As an aside, I met a few lads from my LOI club who hadn't been to an away match in years who were in Cardiff for that same fixture and they all had match tickets.

To be fair, it seems like things have improved since then and that progress is being made. For that, credit must go to Newryrep and the others who have put their time and effort into making the system more transparent and fair for all.
Missy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Missy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2020 at 9:12pm
Mullingar Independent SC apply  for away tickets for all members who apply and paid foe ticket in full before deadline set by SC usually24 hours before FAI deadline.(payment is no a guarantee of a ticket it  allows us to pay the FAI straight away )
When we get our allocation we have a points system which is very similar to FD. Basically it goes back 2 seasons 

STs 8 points a  season. Max ST points 16. 
2 points   an away game going back 10 games where the club
allocation met the demand.

We don't provide passport travel and accommodation  details until we know who is getting the ticket. 

All opinions are my own and have f**k all to do with Mullingar RISSC CRISC Ticket Office or the FAI
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2020 at 10:28pm
Going over old ground here again but if I am in Missy's SC and I happen to qualify for one of their tickets based on the numbers applying and the number they get, It's possible I might have a worse record than an independent fan who was turned down by the FAI.

So, here's hoping we get that universal scheme we've all been hoping for. 
Adobolo View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adobolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2020 at 2:30am
Surley a simple membership fee of €10 per year to be a fans direct member and with a unique Id number that all fans must use when applying for tickets be it indipendant or SC would make it more easier for the ticket office to run and also stop duplicate applications. 
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2020 at 7:49am
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

SC's could also apply for lads who have good records that they know won't be travelling and give those tickets to other people. It would also keep a good record for the lads who couldn't travel. Can't see how that could be policed

random collection in the destination city  of say 50 -100 at the ground 3-4 before KO

Best system.   Every fan has to have  a ten min chat with newry rep on the city of the match before the game  before they get a ticket.   

Would free up tickets pretty quickly  
AKA pedantic kunt
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2020 at 8:13am
Originally posted by Adobolo Adobolo wrote:

Surley a simple membership fee of €10 per year to be a fans direct member and with a unique Id number that all fans must use when applying for tickets be it indipendant or SC would make it more easier for the ticket office to run and also stop duplicate applications. 

If people have been paying to harvest tickets with no intention of travelling, I don't think a tenner a year is going to make any difference.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2020 at 8:19am
Harvesting is a problem but is being addressed as per NRs post on the matter a while back. First steps were taken prior to Georgia with the email offering the opportunity to anyone whose plans had changed (werent really going in the first place) to advise the TO and have their order cancelled and a refund issued. I believe also that those who failed to collect in Georgia received notification that the game was being removed from their account without refund. Like anything else, it will take a bit of time for the meassge to get through, and like every ‘crime’ it will never be eradicated.
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2020 at 8:39am
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Harvesting is a problem but is being addressed as per NRs post on the matter a while back. First steps were taken prior to Georgia with the email offering the opportunity to anyone whose plans had changed (werent really going in the first place) to advise the TO and have their order cancelled and a refund issued. I believe also that those who failed to collect in Georgia received notification that the game was being removed from their account without refund. Like anything else, it will take a bit of time for the meassge to get through, and like every ‘crime’ it will never be eradicated.

Agreed.  Furthermore the really obvious harvesting is no longer of benefit.  Georgia (2017), Moldova and Serbia were the last three occasions it was really obvious.  All three aren't considered for Slovakia and highly unlikely to be included in the future.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3031323334 72>
  Share Topic