You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Slovakia away, 26th March 2020 - Travel & Accom
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Slovakia away, 26th March 2020 - Travel & Accom

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 49>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 2:12pm
We could literally charter a train from Trnava to Bratislava. I'm not sure if we'd need to charter it both ways (it might make sense to allow people make their own way up from Bratislavav - there are loads of local trains) but a Trnava - Bratislava charter at about half eleven or midnight would be perfect and would allow for extra time and penalties, if needs be.

Obviously that depends on the game being in Trnava but if it is confirmed for Trnava, I might look into chartering a train. There'll be loads of takers, no doubt. The email address for Slovak railways was easily enough found: if they can put on a train that holds 500 people for less than €10 a head, I'd say we are golden.

Edited by SuperDave84 - 21 Nov 2019 at 2:12pm
Sponsored Links

craiglen View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote craiglen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

We could literally charter a train from Trnava to Bratislava. I'm not sure if we'd need to charter it both ways (it might make sense to allow people make their own way up from Bratislavav - there are loads of local trains) but a Trnava - Bratislava charter at about half eleven or midnight would be perfect and would allow for extra time and penalties, if needs be.

Obviously that depends on the game being in Trnava but if it is confirmed for Trnava, I might look into chartering a train. There'll be loads of takers, no doubt. The email address for Slovak railways was easily enough found: if they can put on a train that holds 500 people for less than €10 a head, I'd say we are golden.

I know most of our lads would be all over that. Might be worth starting a list if Trnava is confirmed.
Fan's game record: 5 Caps, 1 goal, 2 assists, 140 km covered
Greenlad11 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenlad11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 2:20pm
The match isn’t fixed yet so it could still be in Bratislava.I’d be thinking 95% of supporters will be based in Bratislava regardless. I stayed in Bratislava for the Austria game, I found it to be a nice little city. The Dubliner was decent where they made a guy clean up his own puke (he was Irish ) ,it got a great reaction at the time and he was mortified.
Hopefully buses will be laid on after the game, although thinking back to Gelsenkirchen we were just left to make our own way back.
forza trapp View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forza trapp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 2:27pm

Great idea but I think SD just wants to drive a train 🚂
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 2:31pm
I see Ryanair are putting on a flight on the 25th and an extra one the morning of the match to Bratislava.
They're still charging the guts of nearly €300 return, alot of cheaper routes still available.

Tyronebhoy View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyronebhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 2:57pm
Out on the 24th easyJet Belfast-Luton, Wizz Luton-Bratislava, 3-hour layover in Luton, arrive Bratislava 4pm. Coming back on the Friday but no Wizz flight to Luton that day, so will worry about booking the return later. £80 altogether, not bad and sensible times.
Northmen, Southmen, Comrades All
craiglen View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote craiglen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 3:01pm
Took that Ryanair direct over at 16:30 the day before the match, 130 quid but definitely saves a lot of hassle. Not booking anything else until after the draw tomorrow.
Fan's game record: 5 Caps, 1 goal, 2 assists, 140 km covered
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

brat wasn’t as bad last time but avoid the Dubliner like the plague. For first timers watch yourselves with the bouncers over there in general  especially the Dubliner as they carry everything bar guns and love hitting people.

In.other times they may have got a nixer from the visiting association 
AKA pedantic kunt
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 5:22pm
I see there's a drinking boat from Vienna hmmm
Ireland Super Fan #1 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ireland Super Fan #1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 5:54pm
Thanks for the tip 4 of heading over. First time in Brat. Any advice for a decent pint?
Éire2206 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Éire2206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 6:25pm
I was in Copenhagen and Geneva, was also in Paris for the friendly so 3/10 that are counted I believe. Should I be ok for a ticket?
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 6:52pm
Originally posted by Éire2206 Éire2206 wrote:

I was in Copenhagen and Geneva, was also in Paris for the friendly so 3/10 that are counted I believe. Should I be ok for a ticket?

Guesstimate - 5% allocation no 1800 allocation maybe 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Éire2206 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Éire2206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 6:54pm
Pretty sure The game can be any of the 26/27/28 March still nothing confirmed.
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 7:05pm

What are the last 10 games?
Éire2206 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Éire2206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 7:09pm
Oversubscribed games not included so I believe it’s
Switzerland
Georgia
Denmark
Denmark (NL)
Wales (NL)
Poland
Turkey
France
Georgia
Austria.

SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 7:18pm

Pretty sure The game can be any of the 26/27/28 March still nothing confirmed.

You might be pretty sure, but you're wrong.

"The semi-finals will be played on Thursday 26 March, with the finals five days later on Tuesday 31 March. Kick-offs are generally 20:45 CET but exceptions may apply, in particular related to time zones."
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 7:40pm
Apologies if posted already but this is a good guide written by a Welsh fan for Welsh fans who were thre last month.

Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 8:37pm

This is SD's Cup Final, right here.

Honest question here SD: Have you asked Slovakian Railways can you have a go at driving the train also? 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 49>
  Share Topic