You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Slovakia away, 26th March 2020 - Travel & Accom
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Slovakia away, 26th March 2020 - Travel & Accom

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 49>
Author
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50 shades of O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2020 at 3:31pm
Originally posted by Tyronebhoy Tyronebhoy wrote:

Just got a Bratislava-Vienna central station train ticket for the Friday morning online for under £11.
15-minute train ride out to Vienna Airport from there

Got a link?
Beat the world champions, draw with san marino. ybig
Sponsored Links

gmfc90 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2020 at 3:34pm
Originally posted by 50 shades of O'Shea 50 shades of O'Shea wrote:

Just got a Bratislava-Vienna central station train ticket for the Friday morning online for under £11.

Got a link?

Just to let you know the train from Vienna airport to Vienna central is pricy enough
Danger here, OH NO
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2020 at 3:38pm
Originally posted by gmfc90 gmfc90 wrote:

Got a link?

Just to let you know the train from Vienna airport to Vienna central is pricy enough
think the slower train is a lot cheaper likely a bit like the Heathrow Express
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2020 at 6:56pm

Got a link?

DO NOT, under any circumstances, get the CAT (City Airport Train) in Vienna. It is only marginally quicker than the stopping train and is significantly more expensive.

Also, there is no saving whatsoever in booking tickets in advance for trains from Vienna Airport to Bratislava. You're as well getting them at the station.

Finally, the bus is quicker and cheaper, so go with that.
belt View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Fantasy Football Champion 17/18

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2020 at 8:40pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Got a link?

Any benefit to booking the bus??
DO NOT, under any circumstances, get the CAT (City Airport Train) in Vienna. It is only marginally quicker than the stopping train and is significantly more expensive.

Also, there is no saving whatsoever in booking tickets in advance for trains from Vienna Airport to Bratislava. You're as well getting them at the station.

Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2020 at 9:12pm

SuperDave84  in don’t get the train shocker 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2020 at 9:22pm
Originally posted by belt belt wrote:

Got a link?

I think so, because it seems to be more expensive if you show up on the day and pay for it then. But I have no idea what happens if you miss the scheduled departure and want to get a later bus.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2020 at 6:44am

Originally posted by belt belt wrote:

Got a link?

I think so, because it seems to be more expensive if you show up on the day and pay for it then. But I have no idea what happens if you miss the scheduled departure and want to get a later bus.
Still not sure how i am going to play this either book two seats on two different buses at €5 for different times or just rock up with a later trip booked and see if i can get on an early bus .
I arrive on match day so as you can guess i want to nail this .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2020 at 12:25pm
If anyone is going from Budapest, Flixbus do trips all day for €7.99. The joureny time is around 2.5 hours!
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
mouldymould View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mouldymould Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2020 at 1:36pm
Originally posted by Mr. Snrub Mr. Snrub wrote:

If anyone is going from Budapest, Flixbus do trips all day for €7.99. The joureny time is around 2.5 hours!

The train is also 2.5 hours for €9 I believe, but I haven't been able to figure out the tickets online
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2020 at 1:45pm
Super Dave to save the day
AKA pedantic kunt
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2020 at 2:12pm
Good info for Budapest to Bratislava trains is here:

If you want one way, buy online at www.mavcsoport.hu (and make sure to allow time to collect your tickets in Budapest) for around €9, but you're bound to a specific train.

Information on how to use that website is here: https://www.seat61.com/websites/mav-start.htm

If you want a return, you can get the return in person in Budapest for €17.50 or thereabouts - that is the better deal.
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2020 at 2:21pm
Have done the train and the bus several times and will be doing it this time. The train from Budapest to Bratislava is infinitely better. Usually sells cans too.
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
Tyronebhoy View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyronebhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2020 at 2:39pm

Got a link?

https://www.omio.com/trains is where I booked it. Ticket is a PDF which can be cancelled 24 hrs before travel I think as long as you don't download it. Once downloaded it can't be cancelled.

Edited by Tyronebhoy - 13 Feb 2020 at 2:42pm
Northmen, Southmen, Comrades All
jupiter View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jupiter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 4:05pm
Hi all,
Just wondering is there a way to get from Bratislava to Vienna post match on the night of the game?
Are there any fans buses?
Thanks
mouldymould View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mouldymould Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 7:11pm
Originally posted by jupiter jupiter wrote:

Hi all,
Just wondering is there a way to get from Bratislava to Vienna post match on the night of the game?
Are there any fans buses?
Thanks

Flixbus going at 11:50pm and again at 3:30am
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2020 at 12:10pm
Any heads on here in Budapest on the Tuesday night.
AKA pedantic kunt
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2020 at 12:44pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Any heads on here in Budapest on the Tuesday night.

I'll be there with 2 mates from work.

Are you on the 19:55 flight from Dublin?
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 49>
  Share Topic