You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Slovakia away, 26th March 2020 - Travel & Accom
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Slovakia away, 26th March 2020 - Travel & Accom

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 49>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ripbomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2020 at 11:11pm
Following Ireland Bratislava is the 2nd biggest kip i have been in.... Cardiff holds the title for biggest kip
Sponsored Links

irish_goat View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_goat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 8:12am
Chisinau was a far bigger kip than Bratislava. 
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 8:15am
Originally posted by ripbomb ripbomb wrote:

Following Ireland Bratislava is the 2nd biggest kip i have been in.... Cardiff holds the title for biggest kip

Nah we played a game against Belarus in a awful place, Cork 

Edited by Baldrick - 20 Jan 2020 at 11:11am
AKA pedantic kunt
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 9:10am
I don't get all the negativity towards Bratislava. Steer clear of The Dubliner and it's grand. As for Chisinau, yes it's a kip, but it's a great kip. We had a brilliant time over there.
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 10:41am
Bratislava is a kip? I've never heard such utter nonsense in my life.

It's a gorgeous little city, cheap, easy to navigate and the women are sensational.
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 11:35am
Originally posted by Mr. Snrub Mr. Snrub wrote:

It's a gorgeous little city, cheap, easy to navigate and the women are sensational.
Just the people are dog turds . The first time i was there we only had one person smile at us only because she wanted to sell up cabbage in the market , now as for the rest hummmmm Censoreds
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 11:57am
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Just the people are dog turds . The first time i was there we only had one person smile at us only because she wanted to sell up cabbage in the market , now as for the rest hummmmm Censoreds

Yeah, i've been through it for a day a few times, only stayed overnight the one time, felt like it was a bit dead and the people very unfriendly. Still, an away day there will be a lot of fun
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 12:42pm
Originally posted by OnTheOneRoad OnTheOneRoad wrote:

Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Yeah, i've been through it for a day a few times, only stayed overnight the one time, felt like it was a bit dead and the people very unfriendly. Still, an away day there will be a lot of fun

I thought the locals were nice and friendly besides some auld lad in a local bar that wouldn't serve us beer! I loved it as a city and it will be great for an away trip
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
tapfit2004 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tapfit2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2020 at 2:29am
Originally posted by Paulie Paulie wrote:

I don't get all the negativity towards Bratislava. Steer clear of The Dubliner and it's grand. As for Chisinau, yes it's a kip, but it's a great kip. We had a brilliant time over there.

Chisinau was a great trip. It was a very poor place, poorer that a lot of places I was in when I did a trip around South America, but I'd a great time there and would go back again if we played them.

The sign on the shopping centre doors made you feel a lot safer knowing that they only had guns outside on the street! Chisinau
Let Christy Take It.
Greenlad11 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenlad11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2020 at 9:47am

I agree , was there once for the Austria game for 3 days  , absolutely no hassle there whatsoever.
Tyronebhoy View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyronebhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2020 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by tapfit2004 tapfit2004 wrote:

Originally posted by Paulie Paulie wrote:

Chisinau was a great trip. It was a very poor place, poorer that a lot of places I was in when I did a trip around South America, but I'd a great time there and would go back again if we played them.

The sign on the shopping centre doors made you feel a lot safer knowing that they only had guns outside on the street! Chisinau

Aye, Chisinau was one of best trips I've been on. Definitely would go back. Only downer was the weather, apart from day of match. Dirt cheap too
Northmen, Southmen, Comrades All
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2020 at 3:56pm
Best remembered for the trip to Transnistria. Yeh pity about the pissy weather. 
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
ripbomb View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ripbomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2020 at 10:12pm
Going to book this tomorrow... Solo traveller this time. Used to leave it to one of the other guys to book the flights before. One question.. when booking with Ryanair will the bag under the seat option work? Or do i need to book priority? 4 day trip so will be bringing an average size bag.
Rebelarmy91 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebelarmy91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2020 at 10:27pm
Only priority boarding passengers will be permitted to take one small bag (40cm x 20cm x 25cm), plus a larger cabin bag (55 x 40 x 20cm) with a maximum weight allowance of 10kg into the cabin free of charge. Non-priority customers can only bring one small bag (40cm x 20cm x 25cm), that must fit into the sizer.
Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2020 at 10:30pm

Going to book this tomorrow... Solo traveller this time. Used to leave it to one of the other guys to book the flights before. One question.. when booking with Ryanair will the bag under the seat option work? Or do i need to book priority? 4 day trip so will be bringing an average size bag.

If it’s got wheels then you’ll need to check one in, if it’s just a bag pack you should be grand 
ripbomb View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ripbomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2020 at 10:34pm
Originally posted by Charlton's Child Charlton's Child wrote:

h

If it’s got wheels then you’ll need to check one in, if it’s just a bag pack you should be grand 
Cheers...a larger sports bag i had in mind... back pack wouldn't suffice for the 4 days
Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2020 at 11:08pm

Originally posted by Charlton's Child Charlton's Child wrote:

h

Cheers...a larger sports bag i had in mind... back pack wouldn't suffice for the 4 days

Probably better off playing it safe and paying for the bag 
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 8:17am

Just go priority an extra 6 quid each way you can take your wheeled  bag on as cabin and a smaller one - no need for a checked in bag 

Ryanair can be hit and miss cabin baggage seen them pull people  for slightly larger single cases yet let other ones by - just depends on who is doing it I suppose 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 49>
  Share Topic