You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Slovakia away, 26th March 2020 - Travel & Accom
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Slovakia away, 26th March 2020 - Travel & Accom

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 49>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VanBosch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2020 at 4:44pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Flying at 7am from Vienna.

I'll be getting one of those early buses so nice to have some reinforcements as the bus 'station' is under a bridge and looks completely dodge LOL

Are you just going to drink after match and then get bus and fly home? Sounds rough. Assume you aren’t flying in on match day?
Sponsored Links

eireabu View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireabu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2020 at 8:58pm
where are lads staying?? 3 of us going in via vienna and home Bratislava on the friday?
Greenlad11 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenlad11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2020 at 2:03pm
Originally posted by eireabu eireabu wrote:

where are lads staying?? 3 of us going in via vienna and home Bratislava on the friday?

I’m doing the same , I arrive in Vienna late so I will miss the last train so will get a bus to Bratislava , I’ve a few places booked in centre of Bratislava, it was very reasonable at the time of booking anyway.
mandrake View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mandrake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2020 at 5:55pm
Originally posted by Salzburglilly Salzburglilly wrote:

Originally posted by mandrake mandrake wrote:

hey salzburgphilly is your town ok ( as in cheap accomodation and good pub) for night before a flight out on sat 28th cheap flight mentioned earlier in the thread..,

Its a class town,views are stunning and the Augistiner brewery is a must visit,plenty of cheap accom on booking with free cancellation,nowhere is too far out as its a small enough place and you can get anywhere in 10 mins,24 hour bus tickets cost 4.20€,goes to the airport,train station,city centre etc, buses run every 10 mins.

thanks salzburglilly..sounds too good, 
Come on Irelind
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2020 at 6:43pm

hey salzburgphilly is your town ok ( as in cheap accomodation and good pub) for night before a flight out on sat 28th cheap flight mentioned earlier in the thread..,

Its a class town,views are stunning and the Augistiner brewery is a must visit,plenty of cheap accom on booking with free cancellation,nowhere is too far out as its a small enough place and you can get anywhere in 10 mins,24 hour bus tickets cost 4.20€,goes to the airport,train station,city centre etc, buses run every 10 mins.

No worries ,let me know if you are dropping down ,I’m actually flying  back myself on the 28th,heading to a mates 40th birthday bash in Dublin .
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
Jasonic View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jasonic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2020 at 8:11pm

No worries ,let me know if you are dropping down ,I’m actually flying  back myself on the 28th,heading to a mates 40th birthday bash in Dublin .

Salzburg is a great spot, I go once a year, have a Salzburger mate there. Was there in Nov, Xmas market is lovely. Brought the brother and his Mrs, visited Hangar 7 and went to see Red Bull.
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2020 at 11:34am
Where are people staying for this?
Is around the old town area the best bet?
Need to get the finger out and start booking somewhere.
The dark side.. And the light
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2020 at 11:59am
Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

Few of us booked into the ibis Bratislava centrum
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
gmfc90 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2020 at 12:37pm

Three of us booked into the Crowne Plaza. Was cheap enough at the time
Danger here, OH NO
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2020 at 1:19pm

Mercure centrum myself and The Saint 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2020 at 1:21pm
Crowne Plaza looks very fancy and no way would I be paying €70 a night in Bratislava.
Ibis is booked out but at least it gives me an idea areas to look at.
The dark side.. And the light
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2020 at 1:56pm
Booked by the train station a while back did try to book the Ibis after the game was confirmed in Brat but it was sold out . 
The way i look at it the quicker i get the feck out of that sh*thole the better the next morning.
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Greenlad11 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenlad11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2020 at 2:15pm
I got a treble room for €80 for 2 nights. 
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2020 at 10:24pm
is it that much of a kip claret Murphy???
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2020 at 10:39pm
In the Patio hostel think there’s a good few in there. Only a short walk to the old town and has a decent bar in it. I stayed there before and it done the job. 

Edited by Donegalman - 18 Jan 2020 at 10:39pm
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2020 at 7:57am
Originally posted by JUICEBOMB JUICEBOMB wrote:

Bratislava is the biggest sh*thole in Europe and i include the people in that as well .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2020 at 8:07am
It’s a bit of a nothing town, that’s all. It’s far better than Dublin, so if you are used to that you will be grand.
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2020 at 2:02pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Originally posted by JUICEBOMB JUICEBOMB wrote:

Bratislava is the biggest sh*thole in Europe and i include the people in that as well .
I’ve been there twice. The first time I went was on the way before Vienna in 2016. It was dark when I landed that evening didn’t venture into the old town or too far from the hotel and did think it was a bit of a kip. The second time was August 2017 and thought it was lovely in around the old town and especially up at the castle which is very impressive. One thing I liked about it is that the old town wasn’t absolutely jam packed either during the evenings which was a nice chance from other cities. It’s every bit as nice as Dublin anyway.

Edited by Donegalman - 19 Jan 2020 at 2:03pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 49>
  Share Topic