You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The “I completely forgot he played for them”th

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 28>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2021 at 9:16am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

His spell at Blackburn is surely more forgettable. Missed more or less all of the title winning campaign, refused a medal, and then was involved in the fight on the pitch with Le Saux in a CL game.

Apparently, he asked his clubs to always pay him in cash and he's lives a fairly reclusive life now, rejecting any invitations for reunions, etc.
Yeah I heard that too, has no interest in anything to do with football nowadays. Doubt he'd have made a particularly huge amount through football either, so he's probably doing a 9-5 job somewhere now
Sponsored Links

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2021 at 9:49am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

His spell at Blackburn is surely more forgettable. Missed more or less all of the title winning campaign, refused a medal, and then was involved in the fight on the pitch with Le Saux in a CL game.

Apparently, he asked his clubs to always pay him in cash and he's lives a fairly reclusive life now, rejecting any invitations for reunions, etc.
Yeah I heard that too, has no interest in anything to do with football nowadays. Doubt he'd have made a particularly huge amount through football either, so he's probably doing a 9-5 job somewhere now

Seem to recall he was one of the big earners when Leeds were f**ked for money.

13 years as a premier league player into the 2000s and you'd be fine for cash provided you stashed some away. 

I am sure Ridsdale gave him a stupid contract. Probably on 40k on his last contract.  
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2021 at 9:58am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

The squad photos LOL he'd turn up, photo taken and leggit. No interest. In such a hurry his car key is in his sock 

Zoom in

That's gas LOL he was a very decent player. Id say he made enough to just about srvive wothout needing to work again. Prob just a decent bloke with no nterest in the limelight. Absolute classic Blacburn jerseys Heart

Edited by doherty - 28 May 2021 at 10:06am
I love beer gardens
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2021 at 10:18am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Seem to recall he was one of the big earners when Leeds were f**ked for money.

13 years as a premier league player into the 2000s and you'd be fine for cash provided you stashed some away. 

I am sure Ridsdale gave him a stupid contract. Probably on 40k on his last contract.  

Reminds me of when they signed Seth Johnson and apparently so the story goes. Johnson agreed with his agent beforehand that his opening request for his wages would be 10k a week believing Ridsdale's first offer would be lower than that. Ridsdale starts the meeting and tells the agent they'll offer him 30k a week and not a penny more LOL
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2021 at 10:47am
True story about Seth, apparently the agent somehow managed to keep his composure and a straight face, telling Ridsdale they would need time to consider options rather than biting the hand off him on the instant.

Edited by Green Cockade - 28 May 2021 at 10:48am
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2021 at 11:04am
Batty holidayed in a caravan in the UK every summer. Funnily I remember him at Blackburn but not Newcastle 
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2021 at 11:04am
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Batty holidayed in a caravan in the UK every summer. Funnily I remember him at Blackburn but not Newcastle 

Is that where you met him 😀😀
AKA pedantic kunt
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2021 at 11:07am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Is that where you met him 😀😀
Yeah one year he got super super adventurous and we met in a caravan park in Hackballscross😁
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2021 at 11:16am
Newcastle is the club who I'd associate Batty with the most.

He was seriously undervalued what he brought to the team, injected some serious nastiness in the midfield
Dugs View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2021 at 12:06pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Newcastle is the club who I'd associate Batty with the most.

He was seriously undervalued what he brought to the team, injected some serious nastiness in the midfield

same as that...but when i looked i see he played from 96-98 for them. i thought he played for them longer than that.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2021 at 12:15pm

I thought he was good in Game of Thrones.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2021 at 1:48pm
He once severed the tip of his finger and kept it. Then brought it to school  a few years later for a "show and tell" day LOL
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2021 at 1:56pm
Of that title winning Blackburn team, Richard Witschge. I only noticed during lockdown when I ended up watching extended highlights of West Ham v Blackburn from April 1995, and his name was checked. It was the only time he played for Blackburn, and he apparently left with a few choice words about the town.

I always associate him with coming on as a sub for the Netherlands for some reason, but rather than forgetting, I never actually knew he spent time with Blackburn.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2021 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Of that title winning Blackburn team, Richard Witschge. I only noticed during lockdown when I ended up watching extended highlights of West Ham v Blackburn from April 1995, and his name was checked. It was the only time he played for Blackburn, and he apparently left with a few choice words about the town.

I always associate him with coming on as a sub for the Netherlands for some reason, but rather than forgetting, I never actually knew he spent time with Blackburn.
From WSC https://www.wsc.co.uk/the-archive/26-the-strange-case-of/2725-richard-witschge

"Blackburn is so poor and ugly. I couldn’t bear to live there one more day – the people looked so poor. I wan­ted to play in England but you can’t do that to your family. The only place to play in England is London.” 
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2021 at 9:20pm
Remember when Szilard Nemeth called the women of Middlesbrough ugly.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2021 at 9:27pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Remember when Szilard Nemeth called the women of Middlesbrough ugly.

It's the most truest statement ever even to this day LOL

Bloke must of went out during pre-season and thought even after 10 Vodkas I still wouldn't.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2021 at 10:39am
Sylvinho - Man City

And while i am at it, Vieira Man City.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2021 at 10:28am
Frank de Boer - Rangers
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 28>
  Share Topic