You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2019 Rugby World Cup

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 59>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2019 at 12:35pm
The game turned on that penalty hitting the post, if that goes over there is every possibility that South Africa keep them penned in.

In saying that, New Zealand were far from their best today and have still beaten the second favourites with a short flurry. They are capable of doing that against anybody and that is why they will remain favourites.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2019 at 12:41pm
Didnt see the game. Could Ireland have any chance against either? 
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2019 at 12:42pm
I think that was a rather professional performance. Not at their best, but as PM says, a flurry made the difference. Only two penalties in the second half.

I’d be interested to know if that is SA at the top of their game. They were impressive in the first 20.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2019 at 12:43pm
Yep, as I said South Africa showed how to frustrate the all blacks in that first 20 minutes, albeit didn't take the advantage.

Two pieces of the attacking brilliance and the all blacks turn it around. 

Both of them would beat us 
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2019 at 12:44pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

First 20 mins for SA, no. 20-30 for the All Blacks, no. After that, yes. But that will be under different terms, especially as NZ and SA will qualify and the prize is either Ireland or Scotland, with the Scots probably a little more enticing. This was a bit of a free hit.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2019 at 12:48pm

No.
armahibee View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote armahibee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2019 at 1:11pm
I can see us beating new Zealand, our forwards are bulky enough too compete with them, if sexton reads the game well we could be in with a shout. His name hasn't being thrown about much but I think if ringrose has a good tournament we might be in with a shout against them. South Africa would out muscle us 1-13 and our back 3 against colbe and Co gives me nightmares. Sean obrien alluded to it 5-6 years ago we can't compete with the large physical sides. Give me the AB all day as perverse as that sounds
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2019 at 1:56pm
It's a joke some of the stuff the big nations get away with.

Obvious forward passes ignored but if the likes of Fiji knock on after they get it straight away. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2019 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

It's a joke some of the stuff the big nations get away with.

Obvious forward passes ignored but if the likes of Fiji knock on after they get it straight away. 
Australia should have had a red card and I felt Pocock should have been penalised for that one from the line-out early in the second half.
 New Zealand were excellent at pretending not to be offside, as usual. Garces missed loads, but it probably helped the spectacle.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2019 at 3:31pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

No.

Course we do. Ireland wont fear s.africa and we can beat those on any given day. N.zealand a bit different. Still dont think we will beat them at a world cup but s.africa wont scare our players. We have beaten them regularly over the past few years.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2019 at 8:40pm
What's the football equivilent of Ireland going into this world cup? Are we a Belgium (decent squad, but no pedigree at doing well in previous tournaments)?
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2019 at 9:16pm
Colombia in 1994
AKA pedantic kunt
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2019 at 9:23pm
Scotland; always out in the group phase.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2019 at 9:26pm
None! It would be infantile to try and compare two completely different sports; leave that to the GAA...
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2019 at 9:38pm
We are Mayo so. :)
AKA pedantic kunt
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2019 at 9:42pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

We are Mayo so. :)

Sorry, I’ll try and ketchup...
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2019 at 5:05am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

What's the football equivilent of Ireland going into this world cup? Are we a Belgium (decent squad, but no pedigree at doing well in previous tournaments)?

Scotland, 1978. The more excitable elements of our support give us a chance of winning, but we end up failing abjectly. It only happened Scotland the once though, we're heading for effort 9. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2019 at 8:01am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

The game turned on that penalty hitting the post, if that goes over there is every possibility that South Africa keep them penned in.

In saying that, New Zealand were far from their best today and have still beaten the second favourites with a short flurry. They are capable of doing that against anybody and that is why they will remain favourites.

Yeah I felt that momentum changed after that.
The Saffa’s deserved to be 6-0 for their dominance in the first 20 mins.
NZ produced spells of great rugby but they didn’t play their best.

Ireland would need a lot of things to go their way to beat either.
A better chance v Saffa’s. Hope they give away a lot of penalties and punish them that way. We won’t out muscle them. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 59>
  Share Topic