You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2019 Rugby World Cup

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56575859>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2019 at 10:55am
Delighted for Jones LOL
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2019 at 11:04am
Matt Dawson picked his combined England/SA team yesterday. 15 Englishmen. Ouch

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2019 at 11:15am
Jones totally outflanked, tacticswise. They never showed up after a good WC. But this is a side that tanked a large lead against the Scots, lost to Wales, bear Argentina with 14 men, and never had their game against France.

Looking beneath the Aussie and Kiwi wins, they are a  beatable team and SA were tactically magnificent.

Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2019 at 11:19am
Originally posted by TonyNotJack TonyNotJack wrote:

O’Driscoll did something similar before the Ireland vs England 6 Nations game earlier this year. The delusion is strong in some.

England demolished in that final in the end. Pretty one sided.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2019 at 11:24am
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

O’Driscoll did something similar before the Ireland vs England 6 Nations game earlier this year. The delusion is strong in some.

There’s no arrogance like rugby arrogance. Dawson and O’Driscoll were two fine players, unfortunately both are the epitome of the rugby ****.

I feel the final swung on Farrell’s missed penalty. England were dominating the game at that stage and South Africa looked rattled for the first time, the miss left them off the hook and they never looked back. 
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2019 at 11:25am
Yer man on RTE says the tournament has been run like a dreamLOL
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2019 at 11:26am
Are the magnums of Champagne filled with Heineken?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2019 at 11:27am
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Are the magnums of Champagne filled with Heineken?

Heinomite

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2019 at 11:28am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

There’s no arrogance like rugby arrogance. Dawson and O’Driscoll were two fine players, unfortunately both are the epitome of the rugby ****.

I feel the final swung on Farrell’s missed penalty. England were dominating the game at that stage and South Africa looked rattled for the first time, the miss left them off the hook and they never looked back. 

It could have changed the game, but I feel England lost it after the 25 phase play. England had 2/3 purple patches but were generally second best.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2019 at 11:33am
They were definitely second best, but they had started winning scrums and forcing errors. As he lined up to kick it I felt, for the first time, that they could win it. Sinckler going off was pivotal too, but overall Erasmus got it spot on and they fully deserved it.
Le Roux seems to get a lot of stick from South Africa fans but he was excellent today. De Klerk, Vermuelen and the ‘beast’ too. 

Erasmus has a quality accent!ClapLOL
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2019 at 12:56pm
Had SA to win by 11-20 margin so happy in the end.

Overall though, between the early morning kick offs and Ireland sh*tting the bed again, I’m kind of sick of rugby now. Be hard to get up for it now for the champions cup and then the 6 nations.

In saying that, you see SA as world champions and think back to us beating them fairly comfortable a couple of times in the last few years, same with England, England not getting out of the group the last time and now nearly winning, you do think are we that far away? At the moment we look miles apart but no doubt the hype train will be back within a year!

Edited by t_rAndy - 02 Nov 2019 at 12:57pm
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2019 at 1:34pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Had SA to win by 11-20 margin so happy in the end.

Overall though, between the early morning kick offs and Ireland sh*tting the bed again, I’m kind of sick of rugby now. Be hard to get up for it now for the champions cup and then the 6 nations.

In saying that, you see SA as world champions and think back to us beating them fairly comfortable a couple of times in the last few years, same with England, England not getting out of the group the last time and now nearly winning, you do think are we that far away? At the moment we look miles apart but no doubt the hype train will be back within a year!

Eh, I’m not sure. Nobody had flawless tournaments. SA’s only truly great performance was today. They could have been beaten by Wales and were by NZ. Up to that point, the beat nobody if real substance.

This England team has something of a mental block. The 2017 Grand Slam, the 36 point reverse against Scotland, the tight  loss to Wales. These are things that have to also be examined when explaining today’s collapse.

Being honest, little or nothing in this tournament speaks to ongoing dominance of World Rugby by either finalist. Especially as NZ are likely to have a virtual public enquiry as to how it went wrong, and respond. France were unlucky not to beat Wales, and they may build. Four years is a long time and just because teams are “young” it doesn’t mean other teams won’t step up, or stay static.
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2019 at 1:47pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

Hans, if New Zealand are a media con job, then why did you place that bet for South Africa to win and England as runners up?

For that to happen the con job would have to beat South Africa in the group stages (which the did) to avoid playing England in the semi final.

Surely you would have thought SA would beat the con job in the group?

The groups were padding. Pure fluff. Surely you recognise this?

40 matches and about 3 of them actually important. Whether New Zealand beat South Africa or vice versa, it never really mattered much. Both knew 2 years ago that they were going to be in the QF. 

You need a little bit of luck in straight forecasts. South Africa 1st England 2nd was huge odds. I did because I reckon they are the 2 top sides in the world.

Btw just because New Zealand are a PR con job, which they clearly are, doesn't mean they are a side at Ireland's level or something like that. They are still a good side obviously, just not invincible as all the bluff media consistently let on.

What a call Hans. 

SA to lose to NZ in the group stage but win overall v England! 

Do tell us the odds?

Would you believe 50/1 in Paddy's. Bet365 had it at 33s and I was about to place the bet as they're usually best odds for most things. Had a gawk at Paddy's and spotted the 50s.

I should have done the reverse as a saver at the time, would have made this morning a lot less stressful LOL

Edited by Hans Moleman - 02 Nov 2019 at 1:47pm
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
TRV View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2019 at 1:54pm
It has been a brilliant tournament,  was either in bed or work for all the games,  they should have the world cup over there permanently,  even better put the six nations there aswell. 
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2019 at 1:58pm
LOL
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2019 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by TRV TRV wrote:

It has been a brilliant tournament,  was either in bed or work for all the games,  they should have the world cup over there permanently,  even better put the six nations there aswell. 

Is the world cup not the 8 Nations Championship?

deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2019 at 2:06pm
Can't be too long before we'll claim partial responsibility for this victory, with Rassie being an ex-Munster coach and Felix Jones working with SA as a coach. 

There's still far too many mismatches in the tournament as a whole in the group stages, maybe they should look at something like a 16 team tournament with the top 12 on a certain date (say 2 years out) qualifying automatically and have the rest engage in some class of 2 year qualifying campaign (format shouldn't really matter, there's loads to pick from) to get the last 4 spots. Wouldn't solve the huge disparity between teams in itself, but would make the tournament shorter and most of the games a little more meaningful. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2019 at 2:35pm
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Can't be too long before we'll claim partial responsibility for this victory, with Rassie being an ex-Munster coach and Felix Jones working with SA as a coach. 

There's still far too many mismatches in the tournament as a whole in the group stages, maybe they should look at something like a 16 team tournament with the top 12 on a certain date (say 2 years out) qualifying automatically and have the rest engage in some class of 2 year qualifying campaign (format shouldn't really matter, there's loads to pick from) to get the last 4 spots. Wouldn't solve the huge disparity between teams in itself, but would make the tournament shorter and most of the games a little more meaningful. 

A bit like the football lads playing Spain in 2012 Confused
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56575859>
  Share Topic