You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2019 Rugby World Cup

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 59>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 9:25pm
Originally posted by TonyNotJack TonyNotJack wrote:

Just as long as Phil Coulter isn't involved.Ouch

He'll be a contestant
newrynyuk View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newrynyuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2019 at 10:22am
To be honest, for me a different flag and anthem is not a deal breaker for a united Ireland.  But jeez, can we not have a better united national anthem than Ireland's Call?  From various fora I can see I'm clearly not the only one who hates it.  The lyrics make Ireland sound like not so much a country but a mobile phone or a telemarketing firm.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2019 at 11:44am
Originally posted by newrynyuk newrynyuk wrote:

To be honest, for me a different flag and anthem is not a deal breaker for a united Ireland.  But jeez, can we not have a better united national anthem than Ireland's Call?  From various fora I can see I'm clearly not the only one who hates it.  The lyrics make Ireland sound like not so much a country but a mobile phone or a telemarketing firm.
Is that not what the rugby team is?#teamofus
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2019 at 12:15pm

This craic about the Welsh attack coach is nuts. Allegedly betting on what the first score would be in their games - i.e forward/back/penalty/try etc and then trying to come up with the likeliest moves to make such occurrences happen. Wales could be a total shambles at this RWC.

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2019 at 11:42pm
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

This craic about the Welsh attack coach is nuts. Allegedly betting on what the first score would be in their games - i.e forward/back/penalty/try etc and then trying to come up with the likeliest moves to make such occurrences happen. Wales could be a total shambles at this RWC.

Where did you read the report about the types of bets he was placing?
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2019 at 9:38am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Was a screenshot of a Whatsapp message I was sent on - which is why I said 'allegedly' as I'm not sure of the source of it. If ultimately found to be true though that is proper mental.

There was other allegations including him placing a 6k bet on England to win the tournament and also a bet on Welsh scrumhalf Rhys Webb not going to the RWC.
armahibee View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote armahibee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2019 at 6:40pm

Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Was a screenshot of a Whatsapp message I was sent on - which is why I said 'allegedly' as I'm not sure of the source of it. If ultimately found to be true though that is proper mental.

There was other allegations including him placing a 6k bet on England to win the tournament and also a bet on Welsh scrumhalf Rhys Webb not going to the RWC.
Was just chatting to my brothers father in law today, Welsh Rugby referee and he said the same as above although three seems to be a large chunk of their support who wanted him gone anyway 
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2019 at 12:42pm
Russia held their own in that first half.

Japan playing their normal game which is speedy and highly intense. However, they are only leading by five and trailed for most of the half. Their handling has been woeful and a similar performance against us and the Scots won’t work.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2019 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Russia held their own in that first half.

Japan playing their normal game which is speedy and highly intense. However, they are only leading by five and trailed for most of the half. Their handling has been woeful and a similar performance against us and the Scots won’t work.

Caught the end of the game (last 15 minutes)

Agree neither of these are going to cause ourselves or Scotland much bother. 

Both pretty much just speed merchants but as soon as any tackle is made they've been dropped.

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2019 at 1:59pm
I feel Japan will wilt under our pressure style of game. It’s something that other countries could play around, but not Japan. I just felt they looked technically weak, and generally made hard work of breaking down a team that had fairly poor pre-World Cup results.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2019 at 2:13pm
I always felt Japan’s best hope of a shock is against Scotland. It could be one of the most entertaining games to watch as both teams will want to play running rugby. Ireland will bludgeon Japan.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2019 at 9:03am
Argentina haven’t got started st all. France look far more composed and could be up by more than 17.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2019 at 9:23am
Why do Argentina keep kicking it to France? Crazy tactics!
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2019 at 9:30am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Why do Argentina keep kicking it to France? Crazy tactics!

They are managed by martín del neillrio?
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2019 at 9:37am

Argentina haven’t got started st all. France look far more composed and could be up by more than 17.

Strong 2nd half from Argentina 

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2019 at 9:47am
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Strong 2nd half from Argentina 

Very good. They’ve messed up two nice chances too. It’s as though they realised they were at a World Cup at half time.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2019 at 10:03am
Great game, French blessed at the end they were woeful in 2nd half 
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2019 at 10:05am
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Great game, French blessed at the end they were woeful in 2nd half 

A real classic. 

Technically suspect, but brilliant for the spectators. France could have closed out the game but had to rely on mere inches to save them.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 59>
  Share Topic