You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Georgia v Ireland - 12 Oct

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4445464748 52>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2019 at 9:03pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

There has to be changes
He can’t go with that team again in midweek

He can and he will.  Might make one change but that's it but I would be surprised if he does make even one change.

Delighted with Collins tonight he was despite the ballboy having more of the ball tonight.  Offered nothing.  Don't give me this hold up nonsense. He offered nothing.  Robinson. Nothing.  McClean shows heart but that's all I can say for him. gave it away all night.  We had a premier League striker full of confidence sat on the bench all night.

He won't be started on Tuesday now either.  In a must win game, McCarthy will play not to lose it.     We didn't get the 1996-2002 Mick.  We got the older and ''wiser'' Mick who is as conservative as MON who favours  useless journeymen over top young talent.

Agree with most of what you say tj it's not a must win game though, I feel its a free shot at qualifying. 
Sponsored Links

Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2019 at 9:04pm
Coleman won’t be Kenny’s captain, he offers very little. I’d give it to Duffy or Randolph, eg. someone who cares.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2019 at 9:04pm
Originally posted by Fitz Fitz wrote:

Originally posted by kearney304 kearney304 wrote:

We have too many scapegoats as well. We would want to give it a rest. 

Only lads today that can lift their heads a bit are Duffy, Egan and Connolly. The rest can get f**ked. 

Doherty's name is always mentioned, as is Hendrick's. 

They were no better or worse that the majority.

Except that Hendrick is a serial-offender 

Bar the CB’s who the f**k isn’t? 

Coleman gets a by ball by most despite playing poor in so many games for us. 
Stickittotheman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2019 at 9:05pm

There has to be changes

He can and he will.  Might make one change but that's it but I would be surprised if he does make even one change.

Delighted with Collins tonight he was despite the ballboy having more of the ball tonight.  Offered nothing.  Don't give me this hold up nonsense. He offered nothing.  Robinson. Nothing.  McClean shows heart but that's all I can say for him. gave it away all night.  We had a premier League striker full of confidence sat on the bench all night.

He won't be started on Tuesday now either.  In a must win game, McCarthy will play not to lose it.     We didn't get the 1996-2002 Mick.  We got the older and ''wiser'' Mick who is as conservative as MON who favours  useless journeymen over top young talent.

Collins was hopeless. Absolutely useless and out of his depth. Robinson is wasted onnthe wing. Whelan and Hourihane are one paced and having the two of them in the same team is madness. Coleman looks a  shadow of the player he was. McClean is limited and predictable and despite his work rate is a liability. The only positive for me today were the centre backs who were very solid. After that. f**king hopeless.
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
Farrelk View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Farrelk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2019 at 9:08pm
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

Coleman won’t be Kenny’s captain, he offers very little. I’d give it to Duffy or Randolph, eg. someone who cares.

If you want someone who cares give it to McClean LOL
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2019 at 9:08pm

Coleman has been pretty terrible, as a captain and as a right back for ireland. Cant remember when he had an ok game 

Doherty was very poor too at left back but I think playing behind james lose the ball mcclean doesn't help,
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2019 at 9:11pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Only lads today that can lift their heads a bit are Duffy, Egan and Connolly. The rest can get f**ked. 

Not by me he doesnt. Coleman gives the ball away more than most but everyone just seems to gloss over it. I never hear hom criticised in a tv studio after games.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2019 at 9:12pm
Originally posted by Crap senior Crap senior wrote:

Any chance James McCarthy might be brought in for Tuesday?

That's a good shout, also Cullen and molumby are playing consistently and at a higher level than whelan and to be fair cant do much worse 
Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2019 at 9:14pm

It doesn’t seem to have suited Coleman - needs to be Duffy.
Gashley Grimes View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gashley Grimes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2019 at 9:19pm

There has to be changes

He won't be started on Tuesday now either.  In a must win game, McCarthy will play not to lose it.     We didn't get the 1996-2002 Mick.  We got the older and ''wiser'' Mick who is as conservative as MON who favours  useless journeymen over top young talent.

I never thought I'd see a worse Irish striker than Conor Salmon but Collins is in that bracket. There's lads in green on that pitch who can't string a pass or even control the ball...Abysmal... God help us Tuesday night!! Agree where's the Mick that threw in a teenage Ian Harte... FFS you've got a kid whose tormented the Hotspurs finest in the Prem. and full of confidence and you offer us that sh*te.

Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2019 at 9:20pm

I’m in agreeance! My point was directed at the guy who said Hendrick wasn’t worse than everyone else today;a point I disagree with it - he was one of the very worst. 
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2019 at 9:23pm

I’m in agreeance! My point was directed at the guy who said Hendrick wasn’t worse than everyone else today;a point I disagree with it - he was one of the very worst. 

There were lots of guys worse than Hendrick. Hendrick played poorly but at least he tried to play, lots of our guys didn't try to play at all. People say Hendrick hides too much, he didn't hide today he just gave the ball away a lot.
We're decent enough..
Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2019 at 9:28pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

There were lots of guys worse than Hendrick. Hendrick played poorly but at least he tried to play, lots of our guys didn't try to play at all. People say Hendrick hides too much, he didn't hide today he just gave the ball away a lot.

I disagree. I thought he pulled out of a few tackles; gave the ball away; and at times looked half-hearted. He was rotten overall. 

I don’t take any joy in slating any Irish player, not whatsoever, but this guy has stolen most of his 50-odd caps. 
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2019 at 9:30pm
I honestly thought it was hilarious to watch mick try get the lads to high press today, its very clear he doesn't know how to organise a modern high press. The lads honestly looked confused and you can't blame them, not organising the distance between the forwards and midfield and getting the defence to push up too is suicide. Being asked to do braindead sh*t as a PL player must be demoralising. Was like watching a struggling sunday league team.

Having Glenn Whelan as a holding player is comical too, if your holding player isn't great on the ball and actively hides from it then the only possible reason you have him there is he has decent pace + engine and breaks up the play well. He drags down a midfield 3 and its imbecilic to not have McCarthy or even Cullen in there, there is a reason he is now at Hearts. League one players in over PL strikers, Scottish league no hopers in there instead of PL midfielders is just a recipe for disaster. Picked a team to hold Swiss away not a team to go batter the Georgians. 
Terzino View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terzino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2019 at 9:30pm
Inexplicable performance considering that it was a must win game. Very little urgency and no attempt to really put Georgia under pressure. Time wasting and defensively minded subs, what the hell was that about?! 

And how has Collins become a starter when he's unproven? Long can be wasteful, but he's got a great work rate, and we beat Georgia at the start of the campaign by harrying them and putting them under pressure. Exactly his game.

Set pieces are our biggest threat but we didn't force enough corners or frees. Mick should be wearing the "I had a Macedonia" shirt for the next week.

The Swiss game is a strange one now. Win that one and we're in the Euros, but lose and it's third place for us. We should be going into that game flying, but it's difficult to be optimistic after Georgia.

Whoever starts as centre forward will reveal a lot about Mick's intentions.
Gashley Grimes View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gashley Grimes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2019 at 9:36pm

I disagree. I thought he pulled out of a few tackles; gave the ball away; and at times looked half-hearted. He was rotten overall. 

I don’t take any joy in slating any Irish player, not whatsoever, but this guy has stolen most of his 50-odd caps. 

… More interested in his hair and tattoos not fit to lace the boots of some of the greats who have played midfield for Ireland. Is he sponsored by Brylcreem?
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2019 at 9:37pm
Originally posted by Gashley Grimes Gashley Grimes wrote:

… More interested in his hair and tattoos not fit to lace the boots of some of the greats who have played midfield for Ireland. Is he sponsored by Brylcreem?

Ah yes, the old "that guy has funny hair so he's obviously a pansy" chestnut. Very scientific.
We're decent enough..
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2019 at 9:38pm
I think where previously you could argue that we don't have better players than whelan, mcclean, hendrick so we should stick with them. I don't think this is true anymore.

1. Other players cant do much worse 
2. Molumby, Cullen, Connelly are playing consistently now.

Additionally- is it me or are hourihane and Hendrick too similar in positional sense to be in the same team? 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4445464748 52>
  Share Topic