Forum Description: All ROI International Team forums
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=57166
Printed Date: 18 Apr 2024 at 1:30pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Georgia v Ireland - 12 Oct
Posted By: Luis Amor Rodriguez
Subject: Georgia v Ireland - 12 Oct
Date Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 9:36pm
Huge game in Tbilisi - 3 points puts us in a great position to qualify automatically.

Must be a chance of a call up for Aaron Connolly and Parrott given today's performances for the U21s - if they can make some PL appearances in the meantime.

Not sure either Hourihane or Christie will be playing LB instead of Stevens though, after the Bulgaria game.  

Replies:
Date Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 10:12pm
Mick just indicated that he's unlikely to call up any of the U21s for this game.  

Neither will he be playing Hourihane at LB (thankfully).  Suggested taking Stephen Ward out of international retirement to fill in.  Possibly an odd choice, since James McClean is keeping Ward out of their club side at LB.  Also no mention of Ryan Manning as an option. 

Posted By: kearney304
Date Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 10:51pm
Mick has his favourites. 

Saw lads sl*gging Judge off (I agree BTW, he's not up to it) but Mick f**king loves him. 

You hear Mick talking throughout the game, especially with ear phones in. 

"give it Judgey" etc he didn't shut up mentioning his name.

Mick is basically MON with a better engine 

Posted By: deise316
Date Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 10:57pm
Doherty LB if fit (if he isn't, quite probably Ward from Mick's statements). That's about it, the rest will be the same barring injuries. 

Possibility McCarthy comes into the frame if he is playing & fit-Arter might have been in frame too had he turned up, he won't be next time, even if he does turn up. Order on bench might change, Cullen, Byrne and Collins did themselves no harm at all this evening (as opposed to say, Hogan, O'Dowda or Judge).

Anyone expecting anything else may as well go get their ears checked, hard to think of a way Mick could have been blunter about it bar releasing the team to play Georgia this evening. 

-------------
Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....

Posted By: Hans Moleman
Date Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 11:26pm
I'd love to see Doherty's reaction if he's in the squad if Ward was back starting ahead of him.

-------------
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."

Posted By: Healy52003
Date Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 11:32pm
A win is all I want 

Dont give a toss if mick himself is playing 

Date Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 11:45pm
Mod Edit; 

Give it a rest Hans. These posts are numbingly repetitive. Most of us get the fact we have a conservative, risk averse manager, who will continue to do conservative, risk averse things. Posting stuff like  ''Ronnie Whelan!!'' ''What next, Liam Brady ? LOL'' in each and every thread as you have been doing for most of the day isn't adding much to any discussion. 

-------------
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."

Posted By: SuperDave84
Date Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 12:23am
Top modding Deise.

-------------

Posted By: RogerMilla
Date Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 9:42am
i was at the mcgeady game and we never looked like winning it , 
the last game out there was a mess too . 

if we can get three points out there then I think mick will have earned his coin regardless of what comes afterwards , this is a tough fixture 

-------------
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.

Posted By: t_rAndy
Date Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 9:47am
Do we think mick picks his team with one eye on Switzerland? I don’t to be honest and I think beating Georgia is our most realistic chance within our reach and achieving would go a long way to helping us got a top 2 so I think we should 100% focus on that. 

So assuming that providing everyone was fully fit for a Georgia then mick will go with:

Randolph
Coleman-Keogh-Duffy-Doherty
Robertson-Whelan-Hendrick-Hourihane-McClean
McGoldrick

Only possible change could be Brady for Robertson or maybe Cullen played himself in instead of someone like Hourihane. i doubt it, but might also depend on who is playing for their clubs. 

Posted By: Borussia
Date Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 10:01am
Who is  Robertson? 

Posted By: doherty
Date Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 10:05am
sure whelan wont be able to play both games so have to see what Mick does there. Also might be a wee problem if Duffy, Hendrick, Hourihane have a lack of gametime before then. Hopefully Duffy wont be dropped for long at Brighton. McGoldrick may see less gametime in the coming months also.

Posted By: giveittochristie
Date Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 10:14am
I think there is a chance Mick will try freshen up the midfield for both games. Realistically there isnt much of a difference in standard between Whelan/McCarthy, Hourihane/Cullen, Hendrick/Arter etc. Browne could also play one of the games.

Would mean the limited midfield players we have could focus on one game each, and at least play with some intensity. Two tough away games back to back with the same XI would be a bit too much, i suspect Mick knows this.

Date Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 10:49am
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Mod Edit; 

Give it a rest Hans. These posts are numbingly repetitive. Most of us get the fact we have a conservative, risk averse manager, who will continue to do conservative, risk averse things. Posting stuff like  ''Ronnie Whelan!!'' ''What next, Liam Brady ? LOL'' in each and every thread as you have been doing for most of the day isn't adding much to any discussion. 

No problem at all with whatever way you or others decide to mod my posts. I would appreciate though if about 20 posts from 3/4 posters in the past week are also edited/deleted - these posts are repetitive and utter sh*te, constantly going on about how fans will get a shock when Stephen Kenny's team don't look like Brazil.

At least my posts are current, dealing with McCarthys decision to possibly recall a geriatric Stephen Ward. 

Yours in Irish fandom,
  Ireland's number 1 fan, 
     Hans.

-------------

Posted By: Roberto Baggio
Date Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 10:50am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Who is  Robertson? 

Maybe a photo has emerged of the Liverpool left back with a tricolour round him at a Celtic game. Must be declaring along with Mikey Johnston

Posted By: Het-field
Date Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 10:57am

Mod Edit; 

No problem at all with whatever way you or others decide to mod my posts. I would appreciate though if about 20 posts from 3/4 posters in the past week are also edited/deleted - these posts are repetitive and utter sh*te, constantly going on about how fans will get a shock when Stephen Kenny's team don't look like Brazil.

At least my posts are current, dealing with McCarthys decision to possibly recall a geriatric Stephen Ward. 

Yours in Irish fandom,
  Ireland's number 1 fan, 
     Hans.

And if he does recall him, he does. McCarthy has trawled a very broad net (even though his team is pretty set in stone), and I’m sure if Walters had not retired entirely, MM would have been banging down his door.

We have to accept there is a goal in mind, and as things stand that goal may be achieved. Kenny is doing well with the U21s and for the first time in years there is some joined up thinking going on.

Date Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 11:00am
I have no doubt Walters would be involved if he even able to jog at this stage. So I agree with you 100 percent there.

As for the joined up thinking, let's just dismiss that notion. There was absolutely no joined up thinking in the McCarthy Kenny appointments. It was a political and PR stroke. It may well work out better for Kenny in the long run, but that doesn't make it a brilliant FAI recruitment decision with great foresight.

Btw, mods feel free to edit. Not sure am I allowed to talk about a retired Walters. Even if another poster mentioned him first.

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 11:09am
Hans, it is joined up thinking. I take the point (I think you made before) that change should have happened in early 2018. I have a lot of opinions on what may have transpired differently had we done so, including England’s current DM staying with us and becoming our DM. Having said that MONROY were likely to be given a further year. That year was the build year, as unless you put any stock in the NL and the five friendlies we played, last year was our “free hit”. 

McCarthy has “been there-done that”, and was likely to be able to plug the gap where we would have no friendly matches before the Gibraltar and Georgia games. So an established head made
Sense. 

Unlike before, the 21s have significant prominence and are being overseen by one of the most successful, domestic managers. He is dealing with players who have the compliments of the likes of Klopp and Poch in their ears, and he is bringing these players together in advance of a potential massive rebuild, which would have been silly to start with only 8 months the to secure a place at the euros.

Posted By: McG
Date Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 11:19am
Can we coin a moniker for the current Irish management setup like MONKEANO?

How about McKeano.

-------------
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Posted By: darmack
Date Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 11:29am
When is Mick picking the squad?

-------------
The dark side.. And the light

Posted By: Bob Hoskins
Date Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 11:38am
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

i was at the mcgeady game and we never looked like winning it , 
the last game out there was a mess too . 

if we can get three points out there then I think mick will have earned his coin regardless of what comes afterwards , this is a tough fixture 

They really should have beaten us at least once over the recent games. Hopefully our luck continues in Threeblisi 

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Posted By: pre Madonna
Date Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 11:45am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Can we coin a moniker for the current Irish management setup like MONKEANO?

How about McKeano.
If Roy was the tea boy for MON, Robbie certainly is for Mick. TC is the assistant.

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Date Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 11:48am
oh my God that last game in Georgia i think was possibly one of the worst games I have ever seen Ireland play. I even wrote on here that i would put it up with 5-2 defeat in Cyprus and i still stand by that. remember duffy put us ahead early on and we just stopped playing straight away. we couldnt even pass the ball 2 yards to each other. we were so bad that evening. i was utterly disgusted. no way can we ever be that bad again. 

Date Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 11:51am
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

oh my God that last game in Georgia i think was possibly one of the worst games I have ever seen Ireland play. I even wrote on here that i would put it up with 5-2 defeat in Cyprus and i still stand by that. remember duffy put us ahead early on and we just stopped playing straight away. we couldnt even pass the ball 2 yards to each other. we were so bad that evening. i was utterly disgusted. no way can we ever be that bad again. 

I always thought it was one of Whelan’s poorest performances in an Irish shirt. After that, O’Neill dropped him, I think.

I always felt Georgia were a little surprised how direct we were in March after dominating the last two games and really putting it up to us in Dublin in 2015.

Date Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 11:51am
We have said it before;but they are due a win against us. We've absolutely robbed points from them down the years. 

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Posted By: Maccatacca
Date Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 11:59am
Can’t see it happening but the energy of a young Josh Cullen vs one of Hendrick, Whelan or Hourihane in that sapping heat could make a difference. 

As one poster pointed out, Whelan probably won’t last the 90 minutes in both games so it will be interesting to see what Mick does.

Date Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 12:01pm
October in Tbilisi shouldnt be too warm. 18-21 perhaps.

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Posted By: SuperDave84
Date Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 12:12pm
Yeah it was definitely sticky the last two times we were out there which definitely suited them more than us. That should make a positive difference in the next game. We were marginally the better side when we faced them here in March and I wouldn't be massively upset with a similar performance, albeit of course we did need the free kick to win it.

Date Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 12:14pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Yeah it was definitely sticky the last two times we were out there which definitely suited them more than us. That should make a positive difference in the next game. We were marginally the better side when we faced them here in March and I wouldn't be massively upset with a similar performance, albeit of course we did need the free kick to win it.

Ah here. 3-0 would have been a more fair scoreline that night

Posted By: DUBLIN DOC
Date Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 12:21pm
Had a good feed of Guinness after the game last night, now I would bet a wet wipe to a jacks roll that if I took a good shoite in a bucket sirmolexorial would be along with his spoon to stir the fckin thing

-------------
When all is said and done there is nothing left to say or do

Date Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Hans, it is joined up thinking. I take the point (I think you made before) that change should have happened in early 2018. I have a lot of opinions on what may have transpired differently had we done so, including England’s current DM staying with us and becoming our DM. Having said that MONROY were likely to be given a further year. That year was the build year, as unless you put any stock in the NL and the five friendlies we played, last year was our “free hit”. 

McCarthy has “been there-done that”, and was likely to be able to plug the gap where we would have no friendly matches before the Gibraltar and Georgia games. So an established head made
Sense. 

Unlike before, the 21s have significant prominence and are being overseen by one of the most successful, domestic managers. He is dealing with players who have the compliments of the likes of Klopp and Poch in their ears, and he is bringing these players together in advance of a potential massive rebuild, which would have been silly to start with only 8 months the to secure a place at the euros.

There was absolutely no joined up thinking in the appointment of both McCarthy and Kenny. It was a PR job by Delaney and the FAI and a brilliant one at that.

Anyone following exactly what happened at the time will realise there was no joined up thinking. If there was, negotiations with Kenny wouldn't have played out the way they did. The FAI did not want to give Kenny his senior contract. They only wanted Kenny for the u21 role to keep fans onside. Kenny pushed for a stint with the U21s and then the senior contract all signed off.

If there was joined up thinking, those negotiations would never have taken place like that. The FAI would have went to Kenny and said you will be the senior manager in 18 months time once you do a stint with the U21s first. This did not happen.

This is all off topic, apologies. I can't believe people still credit the FAI with joined up thinking here. Comical stuff. On a side note, how exactly is it joined up thinking when there will be zero continuity between the senior and U21 sides when McCarthy goes? It will be a huge transition period. If such thinking was taking place, surely a manager of the most old school turgid tactics wouldn't be in the senior role now. There will not be a smooth transition once McCarthy goes. In fact, there will most likely be a massive transition phase.

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 12:47pm
There was absolutely no joined up thinking in the appointment of both McCarthy and Kenny. It was a PR job by Delaney and the FAI and a brilliant one at that.

Anyone following exactly what happened at the time will realise there was no joined up thinking. If there was, negotiations with Kenny wouldn't have played out the way they did. The FAI did not want to give Kenny his senior contract. They only wanted Kenny for the u21 role to keep fans onside. Kenny pushed for a stint with the U21s and then the senior contract all signed off.

If there was joined up thinking, those negotiations would never have taken place like that. The FAI would have went to Kenny and said you will be the senior manager in 18 months time once you do a stint with the U21s first. This did not happen.

This is all off topic, apologies. I can't believe people still credit the FAI with joined up thinking here. Comical stuff. On a side note, how exactly is it joined up thinking when there will be zero continuity between the senior and U21 sides when McCarthy goes? It will be a huge transition period. If such thinking was taking place, surely a manager of the most old school turgid tactics wouldn't be in the senior role now. There will not be a smooth transition once McCarthy goes. In fact, there will most likely be a massive transition phase.

if these guys can kick on and break into their club teams then you would expect quite a bit of continuity between the two sides. 

Date Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 12:50pm
If there was continuity, the senior side would currently be playing a style of football similar if not identical to the u21s, or vice versa. It really is the furthest thing from continuity. Bizarre that people see it that way.

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 12:55pm

If there was continuity, the senior side would currently be playing a style of football similar if not identical to the u21s, or vice versa. It really is the furthest thing from continuity. Bizarre that people see it that way.

Continuity doesn’t have to be in every aspect, including style of play. Kenny will essentially be left with an intimate understanding of our youth teams and the MM period permitted that. Once he understands the scope at that level he can make his own decisions as to who will play.

There was no time or reason to start the transition early, as you could be essentially forfeiting a place at the Euros.

Date Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 1:08pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Ah here. 3-0 would have been a more fair scoreline that night
It was a much improved performance and Ireland were by far the better team, but Georgia had a couple of chances. Randolph made an excellent save and they nearly scored from long range while we never really looked like finishing it off. In fact, our best chance of the game was before we scored and didn’t create too much after scoring. We were the better team, but there could have been no complaints if Georgia had nicked a draw.
To get to three we would have had to create three and I don’t think we did.

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Date Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 1:09pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Continuity doesn’t have to be in every aspect, including style of play. Kenny will essentially be left with an intimate understanding of our youth teams and the MM period permitted that. Once he understands the scope at that level he can make his own decisions as to who will play.

There was no time or reason to start the transition early, as you could be essentially forfeiting a place at the Euros.

Indeed, and we also have a six-game Nations League C campaign for Kenny's first few matches. Plenty of scope to introduce new players.

Date Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 5:52pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Who is  Robertson? 

Brain fart!

Date Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 5:55pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

sure whelan wont be able to play both games so have to see what Mick does there. Also might be a wee problem if Duffy, Hendrick, Hourihane have a lack of gametime before then. Hopefully Duffy wont be dropped for long at Brighton. McGoldrick may see less gametime in the coming months also.

I also don’t think he will play the same side twice. Lots can happen in the first game and Whelan probably hasn’t the legs for 2 tough aways.
But I still think Mick will go with his A team against georgia and then see what he is left with to face the Swiss, rather than resting Whelan against Switzerland, for example .

Going to be a long wait for this match Cry

Posted By: Lenny82
Date Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 6:23pm
Stevens will defo come in for the Swiss game, Whelan can't play twice, I wouldn't have thought. Then there are risks of suspensions and injuries. I reckon there'll be at least 3 changes.

Who do ourselves and the Swiss have at risk of suspension?

Date Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 6:28pm
Why can Whelan not play 2 games in a row? Has he got another part time job midweek or something?

-------------

Posted By: greenlad
Date Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 6:30pm

Why can Whelan not play 2 games in a row? Has he got another part time job midweek or something?
Jaysus hans take a day off........ 

Date Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 6:42pm
Originally posted by greenlad greenlad wrote:

Jaysus hans take a day off........ 

There have been numerous posts saying that Whelan, our mainstay in midfield, will not be able to play 2 games in the space of 4 days or whatever. This is not an issue though? 

Why would I take a day off? My point is perfectly valid to the topic is it not? 

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 6:49pm

Given that Georgia will be no doubt a tough game, he is 35 and he is generally looking leggy as it is, might be a bridge too far to expect two bit away performances from him. Mick might be tempted to rest him in anticipation of match against the Swiss or let him give it his best against Georgia in the hope we can get the job done there and deal swiss after. I think he will take the latter option 

Date Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 6:52pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Given that Georgia will be no doubt a tough game, he is 35 and he is generally looking leggy as it is, might be a bridge too far to expect two bit away performances from him. Mick might be tempted to rest him in anticipation of match against the Swiss or let him give it his best against Georgia in the hope we can get the job done there and deal swiss after. I think he will take the latter option 

Genuinely an incredible scenario to be in. You'd say something if we were nursing a player like Paul McGrath through two games over a few days.

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 7:00pm

Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Genuinely an incredible scenario to be in. You'd say something if we were nursing a player like Paul McGrath through two games over a few days.

Im looking at it through McCarthy’s eyes. 
In reality, there is not much difference in what we will get whether it be Whelan or McCarthy or Cullen. Either of McCarthy or cullen  could be an upgrade in the end. Whelan has the experience going for him

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 8:48pm
Whelan may not play if we go for a more attacking midfield and really go for the win.

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Posted By: deise316
Date Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 9:38pm

Yours in Irish fandom,
  Ireland's number 1 fan, 
     Hans.

I'll sleep that bit easier tonight knowing that you appreciate my modding skills, or lack of same. 

Oddly enough, I don't actually disagree with much you have posted, and on the whole, I'd probably agree with al lot more of your opinions than I would disagree with. The conversation you had with HF above there, 2 different viewpoints, absolutely fine, ye are both well able to argue yer respective corners. I'd like to see more of that here in general, but that's only my personal opinion. 

That is fairly different to what you were at yesterday though, which was mainly posting variations of the same opinion over & over again looking for a bite when few were willing to engage. The first time is usually enough, if you want to make the point again because it's got lost several pages later, also fair enough, posting it every 2nd or 3rd post is spamming & holiday time. 

I don't see each & every thread or post, no more than any of the rest of the mods do, but I'm not singling you out, if I see the same multiple post stuff from other posters repeating the same thing over & over, the same will apply to them. 

-------------
Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....

Date Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 10:05pm
That's fair enough, and I know you appreciate my seal of approval for your modding skills. You will sleep better now, trust me.

I don't expect you to be checking on every single thread. In the last 6 months I have had 2 stalkers on here. One has been banished I believe, robbo (Bhobs reincarnation), the other Dublin Doc - I can't take a sh*the at this stage without him being present. It is comical that one mod, any of them, don't spot such behaviour. I might as well just say it, there's no f*cking way that such behaviour hasn't been spotted.

I generally have no bother at all with such douchebags following me around if they even say 1 constructive thing for every 10 sirmolex comments. That isn't the case though. 

Also, there have been 3 or 4 lads constantly spamming the ROI section with this 'wait til you all get a shock when Stephen Kenny doesn't have us playing like Brazil' nonsense. Same few posters across a few threads. Childish nonsense from the same fellas who whine about others behaviour constantly.

Oh and one more thing, Babbsballs can dere-lick my balls - he's another stalker - really petty comments every so often over a long time span. Painful git.

If you need any modding help in future let me know. I'll clean this place up in no time. 

Yours in modding,
  Hans

-------------

Posted By: kearney304
Date Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 10:34pm
Can we stop speculating about players. 

Mick has more or less said the team. If 10 of the lads (Enda is out) don't play a single minute between now and Georgia they will all still start. 

The LB position is up for grabs as who may come off the bench. We have to beat Georgia. 

Going to be a horrendous 90 mins of football. 0-1 being the score. 

God help us if we score early (inside first 10 mins) as it will be 90 mins of us standing behind the ball. 

Posted By: Fruice
Date Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 10:39pm
Originally posted by kearney304 kearney304 wrote:

Mick has more or less said the team. If 10 of the lads (Enda is out) don't play a single minute between now and Georgia they will all still start. 

The LB position is up for grabs as who may come off the bench. We have to beat Georgia. 

God help us if we score early (inside first 10 mins) as it will be 90 mins of us standing behind the ball. 

God help us if we don’t score...i feel getting out of the group is out best chance of qualifying 

Date Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 10:49pm
Originally posted by kearney304 kearney304 wrote:

I’m not sure Whelan will start in Tbilisi. He isn’t up to two games in a short space of time and is probably more suited to the second one. McCarthy, if he can get fully fit, stay fit and play some matches, is a possibility, but it is a lot to ask. I can’t see Cullen being thrown in despite last night’s performance, not at this stage. Arter is going to Ibiza that week too. Unless he alters it completely and starts Hourihane and Hendrick deeper and uses an attacker in the hole. ( Feel free to insert GIF) 

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 10:53pm
Arter going to Ibiza LOL

Posted By: DUBLIN DOC
Date Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 11:08pm

That's fair enough, and I know you appreciate my seal of approval for your modding skills. You will sleep better now, trust me.

I don't expect you to be checking on every single thread. In the last 6 months I have had 2 stalkers on here. One has been banished I believe, robbo (Bhobs reincarnation), the other Dublin Doc - I can't take a sh*the at this stage without him being present. It is comical that one mod, any of them, don't spot such behaviour. I might as well just say it, there's no f*cking way that such behaviour hasn't been spotted.

I generally have no bother at all with such douchebags following me around if they even say 1 constructive thing for every 10 sirmolex comments. That isn't the case though. 

Also, there have been 3 or 4 lads constantly spamming the ROI section with this 'wait til you all get a shock when Stephen Kenny doesn't have us playing like Brazil' nonsense. Same few posters across a few threads. Childish nonsense from the same fellas who whine about others behaviour constantly.

Oh and one more thing, Babbsballs can dere-lick my balls - he's another stalker - really petty comments every so often over a long time span. Painful git.

If you need any modding help in future let me know. I'll clean this place up in no time. 

Yours in  RIMMING,
  Hans
Yep

-------------
When all is said and done there is nothing left to say or do

Posted By: BabbsBalls
Date Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 11:30pm
Harry in Amnesia with his jaw on the floor LOL

-------------
l hear you are a racist now, father ?

Posted By: irishmufc
Date Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 12:04am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Arter going to Ibiza LOL

Link?

-------------
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.

Posted By: Paul Andrew White
Date Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 2:19am
The team Mick will play there if everyone fit

1- Randy
2-Seamus
3-young Docherty
4-Duffy
5-Keogh
6-Whelan
7-robinson
8-hendrick
9-mcgoldrick
10-brady
11-mcclean.

my team

1-Randy
2-Coleman
3-Keogh
4-Duffy
5-Doherty
6-hendrick
7-robinson
8-McCarthy
9-mcgoldrick
10 Shane long
11 mcclean

Posted By: Banjaxed
Date Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 8:30am
Originally posted by Paul Andrew White Paul Andrew White wrote:

1- Randy
2-Seamus
3-young Docherty
4-Duffy
5-Keogh
6-Whelan
7-robinson
8-hendrick
9-mcgoldrick
10-brady
11-mcclean.

my team

1-Randy
2-Coleman
3-Keogh
4-Duffy
5-Doherty
6-hendrick
7-robinson
8-McCarthy
9-mcgoldrick
10 Shane long
11 mcclean

Brady. Jesus, you wouldn't mind if it was Keane, Duff or Hoolahan we were waiting to come back from injury. I can't see him starting myself. I doubt he'll even get Burnley game time. 

Date Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 8:59am
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

1- Randy
2-Seamus
3-young Docherty
4-Duffy
5-Keogh
6-Whelan
7-robinson
8-hendrick
9-mcgoldrick
10-brady
11-mcclean.

my team

1-Randy
2-Coleman
3-Keogh
4-Duffy
5-Doherty
6-hendrick
7-robinson
8-McCarthy
9-mcgoldrick
10 Shane long
11 mcclean

Brady. Jesus, you wouldn't mind if it was Keane, Duff or Hoolahan we were waiting to come back from injury. I can't see him starting myself. I doubt he'll even get Burnley game time. 

Brady from a few years ago, I’d definitely have him in. Brady of the last two years, not so much. Would have McClean and Robinson ahead. Robinson didn’t have a good game against the Swiss but he offers us something different and I think it was just an off night. He also offers an opportunity to switch up the formation in the middle of the game like switching to 3-5-2 like we did against the Swiss which helped us to keep the Swiss guessing and at bay during the game. 

Date Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 9:17am
Not absolving him here, but how many full games has Brady played at left-wing in the past three years?

-------------

Posted By: Donegalman
Date Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 9:32am

1- Randy
2-Seamus
3-young Docherty
4-Duffy
5-Keogh
6-Whelan
7-robinson
8-hendrick
9-mcgoldrick
10-brady
11-mcclean.

my team

1-Randy
2-Coleman
3-Keogh
4-Duffy
5-Doherty
6-hendrick
7-robinson
8-McCarthy
9-mcgoldrick
10 Shane long
11 mcclean

Are you really comparing Hoolahan to Keane and Duff?

Posted By: 10 Box
Date Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 9:57am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Not absolving him here, but how many full games has Brady played at left-wing in the past three years?

Not sure..but it's best position by far. No better than what we have in central midfield & looks totally clueless when playing in the 10 role.

Posted By: Stimpy
Date Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 10:16am
This ain't gonna happen but....

Randolph
Coleman Duffy Keogh Doherty
           Whelan Cullen
                  Byrne
Robinson McGoldrick McClean

Posted By: RogerMilla
Date Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 12:12pm
robinson does not deserve to start 

-------------
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.

Posted By: BrendanD88
Date Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

robinson does not deserve to start 

Interesting!

Who deserves to start ahead of him?

Posted By: JoxerDaly
Date Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 1:35pm
Id start Byrne. f**k it go for it, we are guarnteed a play off so why not just have a go and play a few creative players like Byrne and O'Dowda 

Posted By: Paul Andrew White
Date Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 3:03pm
O' Dowda or Callum Robinson. i would Play Shane Long with McGoldrick around him. the rest is ok. Judge will get time. If we are coming. we must take this game as a cup final. we aren't playing Georgia we are playing against 90 minutes and the only result for Us. We are Ireland we had great players in the past we must try to get into every tournament

Date Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 4:21pm

O' Dowda or Callum Robinson. i would Play Shane Long with McGoldrick around him. the rest is ok. Judge will get time. If we are coming. we must take this game as a cup final. we aren't playing Georgia we are playing against 90 minutes and the only result for Us. We are Ireland we had great players in the past we must try to get into every tournament

LOLLOL

Posted By: Linzark
Date Posted: 13 Sep 2019 at 1:27am
Team I'd pick for Georgia 

Randolph   

Coleman     Duffy         Keogh        Doherty

Robinson     Hendrick    McCarthy   O'Dowda

Byrne

McGoldrick

Team I'd pick for Switzerland 

Randolph 

Coleman      Duffy        Keogh      Stevens

Whelan     Hourihane

Doherty             Browne             McClean

McGoldrick                        

-------------
Linzark

Posted By: Jimmykeno
Date Posted: 13 Sep 2019 at 2:45pm
I hope cullen gets the nod at defensive mid. looked very neat and tidy the other night with good defensive work too. undoubtedly whelan will be brought back for the swiss though. don't think his legs will last the two games.

Jack byrne will surely make our matchday 23 now too. can't see mick starting him but great option off the bench to create something if needs be.

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2019 at 11:35am
For Septembers matches Mick announced his squad around 3 weeks before the first match. There was even an announcement in the days beforehand when Mick would be naming the squad.
Must be happening after this weekends round of games.  

-------------

Posted By: Deane
Date Posted: 20 Sep 2019 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

For Septembers matches Mick announced his squad around 3 weeks before the first match. There was even an announcement in the days beforehand when Mick would be naming the squad.
Must be happening after this weekends round of games.  

Was thinking myself it must be soon, are we expecting any surprises? LOL

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2019 at 2:43pm
Nah definitely not, but naming the squad makes it seem a bit more closer.

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2019 at 4:20pm
I imagine there's a chance of Aaron Connolly getting a call-up given he's made two PL appearances this year (as sub) - never mind how well he's been doing for the U21s.  Particularly if he gets another run-out this weekend. 

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2019 at 4:39pm
He won't.

McCarthy has already said that he won't be picking players from the 21's.

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Posted By: Left foot
Date Posted: 20 Sep 2019 at 4:55pm
You can pretty much copy and paste the squad from the swiss game to the Georgia game.

Those that would like to see some surprises will be disappointed 

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2019 at 4:57pm
Horsebox, Mick didn't say that.  

He said - I'm paraphrasing - he won't be calling them up for the sake of it and disrupt the u21 and the player's development, but if they're playing in the PL, he would have to strongly consider them. 

For example, this is what Mick said in July about Parrott: "if he is starting and playing for Spurs, he’ll have to be a shoo-in for the squad.  He’s got to be playing really, to play. But if he is in the squad with Spurs with a chance of coming on –  I’m not going to be daft enough to suggest he isn’t good enough to come and play"

Hence if Connolly makes a few more Brighton PL appearances, or particularly starts, I imagine there is a chance he'll get called up to the seniors. 

But, I agree, don't expect many or any changes. 

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2019 at 5:14pm
The squad will be the same as previous - Connolly has done SFA to be called in the senior squad too.

We also have plenty of cover for that position too.

Plus, he's be better off playing 90 mins for the 21's and trying to win the game qualify rather than sitting on bench for the senior side.

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2019 at 5:38pm
Hogan should be dropped anyway. That's one space up for grabs. 

Posted By: kevincronin2000
Date Posted: 20 Sep 2019 at 6:52pm

To be replaced by Collins or Maquire or Long!! 

-------------
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2019 at 8:15pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Purely from an options point of view, I'd go with Collins, Maguire, McGoldrick, Parrott.

Robinson will probably be out wide but can also play up top. 5 very different men to go up top, are potentially two up top if needs be. 

Hogan is on the decline unfortunately. We have players that can do what he can but better. Never fulfilled on that cracking stint with Brentford. He's coming to end of his Ireland days.

Posted By: Trap junior
Date Posted: 20 Sep 2019 at 8:16pm

Purely from an options point of view, I'd go with Collins, Maguire, McGoldrick, Parrott.

Robinson will probably be out wide but can also play up top. 5 very different men to go up top, are potentially two up top if needs be. 

Hogan is on the decline unfortunately. We have players that can do what he can but better. Never fulfilled on that cracking stint with Brentford. He's coming to end of his Ireland days.

What Ireland days?  He;s been in the door 2 minutes as Roy would say.

-------------
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2019 at 8:22pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

And 2 minutes is all it will be. Poor bastard's gone to the dogs the last 2 years.

Posted By: Mr. Snrub
Date Posted: 20 Sep 2019 at 9:49pm

And 2 minutes is all it will be. Poor bastard's gone to the dogs the last 2 years.

Slightly off topic but why is it that so many good or potentially good Irish players go the dogs so quickly?

The likes of Brady, Judge, Hogan, Elliott, Arter, McCarthy, Hendrick, Gibson, McClean, Meyler and Clark have all regressed in the past few years with a combination of injuries and off field problems hampering their club careers.

-------------
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"

Posted By: NewtNewbie
Date Posted: 20 Sep 2019 at 10:00pm
Originally posted by Mr. Snrub Mr. Snrub wrote:

Slightly off topic but why is it that so many good or potentially good Irish players go the dogs so quickly?

The likes of Brady, Judge, Hogan, Elliott, Arter, McCarthy, Hendrick, Gibson, McClean, Meyler and Clark have all regressed in the past few years with a combination of injuries and off field problems hampering their club careers.

Perhaps they were never as good as they were cracked up to be. But I do think we've been particularly unlucky with injuries.

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2019 at 10:14pm
Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

Originally posted by Mr. Snrub Mr. Snrub wrote:

Perhaps they were never as good as they were cracked up to be. But I do think we've been particularly unlucky with injuries.

We're all guilty on here of hyping up Irish players and injuries have been cruel to McCarthy, Brady & Judge in particular but a lot of our players seem to struggle to kick on to the next level. After the Euros, we were all hoping Brady, Hendrick & McCarthy and perhaps Arter would be our main menbut it hasn't materialised for one reason or another. 

-------------

Posted By: Trap junior
Date Posted: 20 Sep 2019 at 10:22pm
Pilkington. Remember him?   Never felt McCarthy was that good a player tbh.  Always looked to me that he tried to make himself unavailable to receive the ball and didn't want responsibility.  He tackles well though.

-------------
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2019 at 10:34pm

Pilkington. Remember him?   Never felt McCarthy was that good a player tbh.  Always looked to me that he tried to make himself unavailable to receive the ball and didn't want responsibility.  He tackles well though.

Was only watching those 2 goals he got against Man City on the final day of the 2012/2013 season. He has fallen off the face of a cliff

-------------

Posted By: The Huntacha
Date Posted: 21 Sep 2019 at 5:55am

Makes him fit in with our midfield perfectly so.

-------------
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."

Posted By: Donegalman
Date Posted: 21 Sep 2019 at 2:15pm
Did McGoldrick pick up an injury? Not in the Sheffield United squad today

Posted By: GB 1HughJarse
Date Posted: 21 Sep 2019 at 9:12pm
3 weeks today 👍

Posted By: Healy52003
Date Posted: 22 Sep 2019 at 6:48pm
When is the squad been announced ??

Connelly, Parrott and Kilkenny should be included but wont as mick will let them stick with under 21s which is bad timing for us in regards these lads 

Posted By: killer kilbane
Date Posted: 22 Sep 2019 at 8:28pm
Mcgoldrick could be a doubt. Missed Everton game with an injury

-------------
And it's come through now to mackay... and it's there

Posted By: Pauldaly1984
Date Posted: 22 Sep 2019 at 9:38pm
Originally posted by killer kilbane killer kilbane wrote:

Mcgoldrick could be a doubt. Missed Everton game with an injury

Sadlier impresses McCarthy after bagging goal
https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2019/0922/1077515-sadlier-impresses-mccarthy-after-bagging-goal/
https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2019/0922/1077515-sadlier-impresses-mccarthy-after-bagging-goal/" rel="nofollow - https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2019/0922/1077515-sadlier-impresses-mccarthy-after-bagging-goal/

Squad announcement tues week. Doesn’t sound too promising for young docherty

Posted By: King_Kenny
Date Posted: 22 Sep 2019 at 10:19pm
You can be sure Mick won’t do a smooth handover. Kieran sadlier! Was he a regular for cork!

Date Posted: 23 Sep 2019 at 10:53am
With the squad being announced next Tuesday he mustn't be naming 40 man squad and just going with the 23. That's one of the latest it has been named.

-------------

Posted By: inlikeflynn
Date Posted: 23 Sep 2019 at 4:01pm
I am in Tbilisi at present. 

Jesus, it's some spot. 

Absolutely beautiful city. I went to MacLaren's Irish pub today, hoping there would be a crowd to watch Georgia in the rugby. Unfortunately disappointed by the result and the crowd. 

But the man told me it will be kicking come October when Ireland are in town. 

Local draught beer is 4 Lari per half litre in there at present. €1.25 on Revolut. But off the beaten track you can get it for 2.50 Lari. 

Fegs are 4 Lari for an unknown brand, 5.80 for Marlboro or Camel. 

Main courses in decent restaurants 10-15 Lari. 

I know it isn't the first time for many of you, but those who don't know it, you will all have a great time out here.  

Posted By: CillDara
Date Posted: 26 Sep 2019 at 11:48am
Duffy off injured last night and could miss the upcoming games next month and also reports that Keogh has fractured his wrist/injured his knee in a car crash in which his Derby team mate has been done for drink driving. 

Date Posted: 26 Sep 2019 at 12:21pm
Originally posted by CillDara CillDara wrote:

Duffy off injured last night and could miss the upcoming games next month and also reports that Keogh has fractured his wrist/injured his knee in a car crash in which his Derby team mate has been done for drink driving. 

Shocked Who are next in line, Egan and Long?

Not sure how comfortable I’d be starting Long with his lack of games. Lenihan looked v poor in the one friendly he got too. Is there a case for bringing back Alex Pearce? He’s the most experienced but a very average defender...

Date Posted: 26 Sep 2019 at 12:25pm
Egan and Keogh should start
We'll miss Duffy's goal threat.

Posted By: Lenny82
Date Posted: 26 Sep 2019 at 12:33pm
Nathan Collins?

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net