2 [2.17%]
13 [14.13%]
0 [0.00%]
7 [7.61%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2019 at 7:37pm
We are nothing special but at the same time think we can expect that Mick will keep it tight and try nick one on the counter/ set piece much the same as Denmark away. Any team that conceded 3 goals in 6 minutes against the Danes shouldn’t be feared. The Danes weren’t anything special against us in June and we were every bit as good and had the better chances certainly towards the end so all to play for on Thursday.
Sponsored Links

DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2019 at 7:39pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

I have a bad feeling we'll lose this one.

Swiss 2-0 Eire 
What a surprise LOL
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2019 at 7:42pm
0-0 I don’t think mc Carthy would have wanted to start Robinson. If doherty had have been available we would have had him and McLean sitting in front of Coleman and Stevens. It’s a do not lose game, stay in the group as long as we can and hope we get a massive stroke of luck. 
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2019 at 7:43pm
Ireland 3-1 Duffy with the complete hatrick, Head, left and right
grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2019 at 8:02pm
1-1 for me. We go 1 nil up after about 15 mins from Duffy but Richard Keogh slips in the last 10 mins to gift the Swiss an equaliser.
The only way is up
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2019 at 8:32pm
Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

We are nothing special but at the same time think we can expect that Mick will keep it tight and try nick one on the counter/ set piece much the same as Denmark away.

Other European nations, keep the ball, press high, pass the ball, create space, pass, move and be dynamic in the final third.

We keep it tight and try and nick a goal in such an anti football way.

Edited by horsebox - 02 Sep 2019 at 8:32pm
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2019 at 8:47pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

We are nothing special but at the same time think we can expect that Mick will keep it tight and try nick one on the counter/ set piece much the same as Denmark away.

Other European nations, keep the ball, press high, pass the ball, create space, pass, move and be dynamic in the final third.

Who cares what other nations do. You can only try make the best use of the players we have. We have a good goalkeeper and solid back four. Do you honestly think we will have more possession than Switzerland and play lovely football? Probably the most creative player in our squad is Jack Byrne so unless some of the underage talent come through then things arnt changing any time soon.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2019 at 10:42pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

I've said it before I absolutely hate that expression.  MON's favourite.  It just conjures up images of being absolutely sh*te, having zero creativity, and being generally ouplayed but somehow getting a result against all odds by a flukey goal off of some fellas arse from a hoof into the box.

''Pep how do you see this game playing out against Tottenham today?''
''Well they have quality all over the pitch.  It will be a really tough game.  We just hope to contain them and maybe nick a goal at some point.  We will try to win the game but if you offer em a draw now I would take it.''

Edited by Trap junior - 02 Sep 2019 at 11:03pm
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2019 at 10:49pm
Originally posted by CarlowMan1888 CarlowMan1888 wrote:

If we lose this Mick has to go. Campaign will be written off. Get Kenny in ASAP. At least we'll see Jack Byrne and Parrott playing for the Eire

ffs LOL
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2019 at 11:25pm
With my head, I think the swiss beat us 2-1
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2019 at 11:33pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

With my head, I think the swiss beat us 2-1

Thinking along those lines as well. Hope ta fcuk I'm wrong. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2019 at 11:37pm
You will rarely go wrong with a 1-1 draw prediction

Edited by Baldrick - 02 Sep 2019 at 11:38pm
AKA pedantic kunt
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2019 at 2:50am
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

Ireland 3-1 Duffy with the complete hatrick, Head, left and right

The Duffy Hatrick, 

Right part of his head 

Left part of his head And centre of his head 
AKA pedantic kunt
howieb View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote howieb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2019 at 6:53am
1 - 0 Robinson 
BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2019 at 8:14am
0 0 
davereilly View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davereilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2019 at 8:52am
Can't see where an Ireland goal is going to come from. We've only scored 5 (including an OG), and 3 of our 4 games so far were the easy ones. 0-0 best possible result I can think of
grabli View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grabli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2019 at 9:01am
Originally posted by mandrake mandrake wrote:

its ireland ...1-1.....
mick got the sack chasing a win in sept 2002...the great manger (hahaha)kerr got beaten by them twice..
we needed two peno's in a warm up in 2016  2-2..
would be nice to get one over them

That was Slovakia with the two penos, we beat the swiss 1 0
kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2019 at 9:14am
Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

0-0 I don’t think mc Carthy would have wanted to start Robinson. If doherty had have been available we would have had him and McLean sitting in front of Coleman and Stevens. It’s a do not lose game, stay in the group as long as we can and hope we get a massive stroke of luck. 

Young Doherty would never have started.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic