You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jason Knight

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5152535455 59>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2023 at 8:14am
knight is so good hes able to play most positions 
Sponsored Links

John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2023 at 8:50am
Jack of all trades, master of none. Still young, but really needs to find a settled position now even if that is as a RWB. I think he's a box to box 8 myself and if he can spend a season in a settled first XI concentrating on that role then he can kick on again. He needs to - you can dress it up any way you want, but last season was very disappointing, he cant really afford another one like that, 22 now, time to get on with it. Bristol City isnt a particularly inspiring move, but its Championship football and if theyre the only ones interested then he has to go for it.

Edited by John Nice - 21 Jun 2023 at 8:55am
Idah Dream!
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2023 at 10:43am
Ipswich apparently in for him as well, which might be a better move. Bristol City seem like a consistent mid to lower table team going nowhere fast. Ipswich apparently have money behind them this summer so, despite being a newly promoted team, could be capable of challenging for promotion.
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2023 at 10:46am
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Ipswich apparently in for him as well, which might be a better move. Bristol City seem like a consistent mid to lower table team going nowhere fast. Ipswich apparently have money behind them this summer so, despite being a newly promoted team, could be capable of challenging for promotion.

Would think that's possibly the better move myself as well. Young manager as well with a proven record of developing younger players too
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2023 at 2:50pm
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

Would think that's possibly the better move myself as well. Young manager as well with a proven record of developing younger players too

A young Irish manager to boot! 
Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2023 at 3:10pm
No idea how he got MOTM the other night.
Banana_RepublicFC View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banana_RepublicFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2023 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by Fitz Fitz wrote:

Because he was good. He ran at them constantly for almost 90 minutes.

McClean should have got it for the 2 assists. But Knight was very good without an assist to show for it.

Edited by Banana_RepublicFC - 21 Jun 2023 at 3:14pm
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2023 at 3:17pm
Knight was the MOTM the other night. Drove forward all night. Very good display.
I love beer gardens
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2023 at 3:19pm

+1

I thought he was subbed at half time - until I noticed Collins wasn't on the pitch.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Corey100 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Corey100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2023 at 5:13pm

He should of pushed for the move to Burnley or Newcastle when they came calling not too long ago instead he stayed at derby under the advice that is the managerial travesty that is Wayne Rooney. The lack of ambition has cost the young man and he would of been in a much better place had he have played his cards right.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2023 at 7:11pm
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

Young manager who plays good football and would likely develop him into a more technical box to box CM. 

I have no idea how stacked Ipswich are in that position though. If he’s guaranteed gametime with a team like Bristol should take that chance. 

Edited by kevin100 - 21 Jun 2023 at 7:15pm
Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2023 at 11:16pm
Originally posted by Banana_RepublicFC Banana_RepublicFC wrote:

McClean should have got it for the 2 assists. But Knight was very good without an assist to show for it.

His crossing was atrocious. 

Agree re: McClean. 
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2023 at 10:11am

You must have missed him setting up multiple great chances? McGrath's shot saved? Obafemi's missed sitter?

Edited by The O'Shea - 22 Jun 2023 at 10:11am
We're decent enough..
greenshoots View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenshoots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2023 at 11:35am
I thought Knight was the obvious choice for MOTM. I was at the game and was very impressed with him. He drove at them at every opportunity. He made numerous pull backs having gotten close to the byeline.

IMO, he is a player with a very high ceiling and fingers crossed he gets the right move this summer. He should have moved on from Derby last year.
Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2023 at 4:25am
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

You must have missed him setting up multiple great chances? McGrath's shot saved? Obafemi's missed sitter?

Maybe I did, but he wasted umpteen balls. 
Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2023 at 4:28am
Originally posted by greenshoots greenshoots wrote:

I thought Knight was the obvious choice for MOTM

As opposed to the man who got two assists? 
Bukowski View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bukowski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2023 at 8:42am
With all this talk of Kompany being our new best friend is there any need at Burnley for a player like Knight?
If not, what clubs a notch down in the Championship could benefit from having him? - I'd prefer to see him progress as a midfielder, not as a right back or wing back.
"The third path to wisdom is experience, and is the most bitter."
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2023 at 8:51am
Thought Knight would have been a decent signing last summer and suited the system Kompany used at Anderlecht. But now they're promoted they need better players and someone like Knight would end up as back up.

With Michael Duff taking over Swansea now Knight wouldn't be a bad signing for them. His teams play good ball at times but first and foremost he wants hard work and graft from his players. He'll get that in spades from Knight. Not sure if he'll be given much to spend though.

Edited by J89 - 23 Jun 2023 at 8:54am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5152535455 59>
  Share Topic