You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jason Knight

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3334353637 59>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2022 at 8:22am
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

I see the Indo reporting Championship interest in Knight in that Festy Ebosele article on the other thread. I still think he'd be a great buy for a number of EPL teams but wouldn't be surprised is none of them go for him as he hasn't been able to show his full abilities in that Derby team with the role he has been given there this season.

I read this type of comment a lot with our players, the manager's system doesn't suit his skills set. He's been played out of position. He is a fast paced inside left cum striker (Connolly thread).

We need to have a more balanced view on the players, as some (I'm not saying Knight is) just aren't good enough. 

That's a very salty response 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Sponsored Links

King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2022 at 10:44pm
Rooney saying all players want to stay. So could be a league 1season for him unless they get an offer they can’t turn down.
gazurtoids View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazurtoids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2022 at 12:01am
Originally posted by Nialler Nialler wrote:

Originally posted by gazurtoids gazurtoids wrote:

Leeds is perfect for Knight. He has the work ethic and personality for Leeds. I would love Leeds to sign Collins and Knight personally if Burnley go aswell.
Leeds don't have much in the way of depth and I do reckon game time would be come by a lot easier because of this. 

The time for Knight to move to Leeds would have been in Jan, there were plenty rumours...doubt he'll be on the new mans radar

Certainly won't be in for Collins, they have 6 CB's 2 of which are highly rated and same age as Collins another Hjelde same age signed from Celtic

Leeds fan here and we can def do with both. Not sure who one of the centre backs is you are referring to maybe Kenneh but the other is Charlie Cresswell who is classy enough but Collins is much further along than any young centre half we have. The radar Knight was on was Victor Orta who loves him. We have signed one midfielder in 4 years. I would be shocked if we don't buy at least 2 of each in the summer. There is also talk of Koch leaving and Cooper is getting alot of praise right now and is captain but he is not a PL defender and is 31. He is a solid championship defender. 

I am not saying they will sign either Knight or Collins just that I would love us to sign them. 

Pascal Struijk is only 22 ....no way do we need another CB, need to offload one if anything, Cooper/Llorente/Koch/Struijk/Cresswell/Hjelde
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2022 at 12:16am
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

Rooney saying all players want to stay. So could be a league 1season for him unless they get an offer they can’t turn down.

I wouldn't read into that too much... I can't see a lot of the players wanting to play league 1 for a year. Players generally say they "want" to stay at a club but then some deal gets agreed that benefits the club and player. Keeping everything good with the fans.

I would be amazed if Knight was there next year. Id actually be very dissapointed as the lad is better then a League 1 player. We can surely all agree on that without getting "green tilted specs" thrown around. 

Rooney said similar about Ebosele I'm sure so wouldn't read much into him saying it. He's going to say as much.
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2022 at 3:03am
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

I see the Indo reporting Championship interest in Knight in that Festy Ebosele article on the other thread. I still think he'd be a great buy for a number of EPL teams but wouldn't be surprised is none of them go for him as he hasn't been able to show his full abilities in that Derby team with the role he has been given there this season.

I read this type of comment a lot with our players, the manager's system doesn't suit his skills set. He's been played out of position. He is a fast paced inside left cum striker (Connolly thread).

We need to have a more balanced view on the players, as some (I'm not saying Knight is) just aren't good enough. 

That's a very salty response 

LOL

It would damage this forums' reputation
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2022 at 5:29am

Leeds is perfect for Knight. He has the work ethic and personality for Leeds. I would love Leeds to sign Collins and Knight personally if Burnley go aswell.
Leeds don't have much in the way of depth and I do reckon game time would be come by a lot easier because of this. 

The time for Knight to move to Leeds would have been in Jan, there were plenty rumours...doubt he'll be on the new mans radar

Certainly won't be in for Collins, they have 6 CB's 2 of which are highly rated and same age as Collins another Hjelde same age signed from Celtic

Leeds fan here and we can def do with both. Not sure who one of the centre backs is you are referring to maybe Kenneh but the other is Charlie Cresswell who is classy enough but Collins is much further along than any young centre half we have. The radar Knight was on was Victor Orta who loves him. We have signed one midfielder in 4 years. I would be shocked if we don't buy at least 2 of each in the summer. There is also talk of Koch leaving and Cooper is getting alot of praise right now and is captain but he is not a PL defender and is 31. He is a solid championship defender. 

I am not saying they will sign either Knight or Collins just that I would love us to sign them. 

Pascal Struijk is only 22 ....no way do we need another CB, need to offload one if anything, Cooper/Llorente/Koch/Struijk/Cresswell/Hjelde

There is talk of players leaving and Coops is 31. There is also talk of Gvardiol again. If 1 or 2 leave I want Collins is all I am saying. Especially if Burnley go down and he can be had for cheap. We will def buy a left or right back. Gavrdiol plays left back too and Collins can play right back. 
GreenDodger93 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenDodger93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2022 at 8:01am
He's more likely to be playing in Leauge 1 next year than the Premier League
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2022 at 8:26am
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

I wouldn't read into that too much... I can't see a lot of the players wanting to play league 1 for a year. Players generally say they "want" to stay at a club but then some deal gets agreed that benefits the club and player. Keeping everything good with the fans.

I would be amazed if Knight was there next year. Id actually be very dissapointed as the lad is better then a League 1 player. We can surely all agree on that without getting "green tilted specs" thrown around. 

Rooney said similar about Ebosele I'm sure so wouldn't read much into him saying it. He's going to say as much.

There was a story a few months back about how Festy Ebosele had gone to meet a young fan to give her his autograph after her dad asked him to, he had made their year by doing it etc. They said Festy had made a point of saying to them that he wasn't going anywhere. He signed for Udinese a couple of weeks later.

I'd be amazed if Knight is still at Derby when the summer transfer window closes.

Edited by You Tell Me - 23 Apr 2022 at 8:27am
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2022 at 11:07am
Though Knight does strike me as the type that would stay at Derby. The time to somewhat worry about that though is if he signs a new contract.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2022 at 11:37am
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Though Knight does strike me as the type that would stay at Derby. The time to somewhat worry about that though is if he signs a new contract.

Irish player in lacking ruthless streak shocker.
Loc View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2022 at 2:35pm
Louie Watson starting ahead of him today.
djhegzy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djhegzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2022 at 2:55pm
Their season is over makes sense to play some of the players that will be with them next season 
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2022 at 3:20pm
Originally posted by djhegzy djhegzy wrote:

Their season is over makes sense to play some of the players that will be with them next season 

Watson is out of contract in the summer.

Think I read Derby only have 7 players contracted beyond this summer and Knight is one of them.

Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2022 at 3:33pm
Probably just not risking one of their few assets getting injured.
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Given's zimmerframe View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Given's zimmerframe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2022 at 4:57pm
Getting a well deserved rest maybe? that derby squad is knackered.
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2022 at 8:47pm

While I wouldn't quite call it Lip Service, as I'm sure a lot of those players on some level would like to stay & help Derby get back up, the reality of the situation is Derby need money.

They have several players out of contract who definitely won't re-sign for lower wages to slog it out in League 1, (& I think they still owe money). So the squad needs rebuilding anyway.
The best way Knight can actually help, as one of their most saleable assets, is by getting them a transfer fee, rather than walking for free 12 months later.

There's no way he's there next season.

Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Originally posted by djhegzy djhegzy wrote:

Watson is out of contract in the summer.

Cashin too. I think they'd both be best served by sticking with Derby. Neither has done anything in senior football to warrant a good move to a Championship club where they'd be playing every week. They'd likely both start for Derby next season though.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2022 at 11:54am
If he had started on Saturday as an advanced midfielder instead of one of the three forwards I'd say it's unlikely we'd be in the position we are now.
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2022 at 12:02pm

If he had started on Saturday as an advanced midfielder instead of one of the three forwards I'd say it's unlikely we'd be in the position we are now.

Started as an advanced mid instead of one of the three centre backs we didn't need.

Easy to say it now, but the coaching staff were all but sure Armenia would line out with a back four. And they didn't. Ok, fair enough. Then fookin change the formation to suit. This idea of sitting there til the 65 minute when it was obvious what was wrong from early doors. Incredibly frustrating. Some managers need to take a leaf out if Bielsa's book - "I see the issue. I'm changing it now."

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3334353637 59>
  Share Topic