You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jason Knight

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3233343536 59>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2022 at 5:30am
Burnley would be a terrible move. The foundation of what allowed them to bounce straight back up is gone and I'd be confident in saying that they're more likely to be relegated to L1 than get promoted again.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Sponsored Links

kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2022 at 10:43am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Burnley would be a terrible move. The foundation of what allowed them to bounce straight back up is gone and I'd be confident in saying that they're more likely to be relegated to L1 than get promoted again.

Burnley imo would be the best team playing in that League in a few years to go down. If they get the right manager is key. Of those players out of contract the vast majority are aging squad players (almost all of them over 30). Vydra Rodriguez Cork Mee they will likely extend too so even if they give it a youthful injection they will still have plenty experience. Tarkowski will leave and possibly Cornet but beyond that they should keep the bulk of the side. 
SC92 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2022 at 10:44am
I just want him to go to a team that play proper football even if thats higjher championship level. To me he is a central midfielder (but suits our AM link role tbf) not a winger/attacker and is far more of a player than the workhorse Derby use him as.
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2022 at 11:54am
was poor yesterday against Qpr whereas Cashin had a good game.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2022 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Completely depends who they get in.

One could argue Burnley would have been a terrible move even if Dyche was kept on and they managed to avoid relegation.

While I can appreciate that he had them punching well above their weight for a very long time, from an Ireland perspective I wouldn't want anyone with an ounce of creativity going to the club.

Goalkeepers, defenders, defensive midfielders and big lump target men are all absolutely grand under him. If anything they flourish.

But anyone else that likes to get on the ball and make things happen he would suck the life out of them.

Jeff Hendrick was an almost identical player to Knight before he moved there, was a similar age and even moved from the same club. He was a cracking player for us and Derby until 2016. Then he had Dyche coach the creativity out of his play, never letting him take a run with the ball or take any risks with his passing. Everything was sides ways and backwards from then on. Often played him out of position on the wings too. Looked completely shot of confidence in his ability the last 5 or 6 years between working under Dyche, O'Neill and McCarthy all of much the same ilk of manager.

While his club form has still been very hit and miss this season, more miss than hit admittedly, he has looked a new man under Kenny from Sept window on wards. Like hes got a bit of that confidence back and allowed the freedom he once had at Derby to try get on the ball, to try make things happen, to try pick a pass.

I really wouldnt like to see the same happen to Knight under a manager like Dyche or club like Burnley.

I think clubs like Palace under Viera or Brighton under Potter would be better fits.

Edited by Bandwagon - 19 Apr 2022 at 3:51pm
Bukowski View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bukowski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2022 at 4:33pm
I'm jumping on what the Bandwagon said above as being on the money, especially this
"I think clubs like Palace under Viera or Brighton under Potter would be better fits."
"The third path to wisdom is experience, and is the most bitter."
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2022 at 8:19pm
Leeds is perfect for Knight. He has the work ethic and personality for Leeds. I would love Leeds to sign Collins and Knight personally if Burnley go aswell.
Leeds don't have much in the way of depth and I do reckon game time would be come by a lot easier because of this. 
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2022 at 8:53am
Originally posted by Nialler Nialler wrote:

Leeds is perfect for Knight. He has the work ethic and personality for Leeds. I would love Leeds to sign Collins and Knight personally if Burnley go aswell.
Leeds don't have much in the way of depth and I do reckon game time would be come by a lot easier because of this. 

Would have loved Bielsa to have gotten his hands on him. Think he'd have really brought him forward 

Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
SC92 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2022 at 9:14am
Palace could be a decent fit, they will lose Conor Gallagher as he will return to Chelsea at the end of the season. Not that Knight is as good as Gallagher (at least yet hah) but think he could play a similar role and they are about developing young players under Viera.

I'd love him at Wolves think Bruno Lage could really develop him but we don't really sign players from the championship. I think our owners see market as overpriced.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2022 at 10:57am
I see the Indo reporting Championship interest in Knight in that Festy Ebosele article on the other thread. I still think he'd be a great buy for a number of EPL teams but wouldn't be surprised is none of them go for him as he hasn't been able to show his full abilities in that Derby team with the role he has been given there this season.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2022 at 11:53am
Norwich or Luton would be a fair shout 2 very well structured clubs who are flying. Luton look like going the same way as Brentford in the next 5/6 years if they keep it up. Structure off the field seems flawless! 

Nottingham Forest potentially as Brennan Johnson's replacement would be another good shout. Swansea an outside shout for a side who could make a promotion run next season who also play good football! 

He could also go the same way as Ebosele too (continental Europe). Loads of options for the lad once it's a footballing side I think he will shine.

Edited by kevin100 - 20 Apr 2022 at 11:54am
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2022 at 4:44pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

I see the Indo reporting Championship interest in Knight in that Festy Ebosele article on the other thread. I still think he'd be a great buy for a number of EPL teams but wouldn't be surprised is none of them go for him as he hasn't been able to show his full abilities in that Derby team with the role he has been given there this season.

I read this type of comment a lot with our players, the manager's system doesn't suit his skills set. He's been played out of position. He is a fast paced inside left cum striker (Connolly thread).

We need to have a more balanced view on the players, as some (I'm not saying Knight is) just aren't good enough. 
It would damage this forums' reputation
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2022 at 4:55pm
He won't be getting an EPL move this summer. Unless he can really showcase his abilities in the nations league then i think a move to championship is best he could hope for
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2022 at 5:10pm
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

I read this type of comment a lot with our players, the manager's system doesn't suit his skills set. He's been played out of position. He is a fast paced inside left cum striker (Connolly thread).

We need to have a more balanced view on the players, as some (I'm not saying Knight is) just aren't good enough. 

That works both ways. On the whole, there's far more fatalism and pessimism on this forum than there is even cautious optimism. The rush to write off lads in their teens/early 20's can only be called "balance" if your default outlook is a pessimistic one.
We're decent enough..
gazurtoids View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazurtoids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2022 at 8:26pm

The time for Knight to move to Leeds would have been in Jan, there were plenty rumours...doubt he'll be on the new mans radar

Certainly won't be in for Collins, they have 6 CB's 2 of which are highly rated and same age as Collins another Hjelde same age signed from Celtic
10 Box View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 10 Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2022 at 9:35pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

He won't be getting an EPL move this summer. Unless he can really showcase his abilities in the nations league then i think a move to championship is best he could hope for

He possibly could and get loaned back out.. will not cost much much by modern standards so could be well worth it for a EPL team for a player with plenty of potential. 
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2022 at 12:57pm
Originally posted by gazurtoids gazurtoids wrote:

The time for Knight to move to Leeds would have been in Jan, there were plenty rumours...doubt he'll be on the new mans radar

Certainly won't be in for Collins, they have 6 CB's 2 of which are highly rated and same age as Collins another Hjelde same age signed from Celtic

Leeds fan here and we can def do with both. Not sure who one of the centre backs is you are referring to maybe Kenneh but the other is Charlie Cresswell who is classy enough but Collins is much further along than any young centre half we have. The radar Knight was on was Victor Orta who loves him. We have signed one midfielder in 4 years. I would be shocked if we don't buy at least 2 of each in the summer. There is also talk of Koch leaving and Cooper is getting alot of praise right now and is captain but he is not a PL defender and is 31. He is a solid championship defender. 

I am not saying they will sign either Knight or Collins just that I would love us to sign them. 

Edited by Nialler - 21 Apr 2022 at 10:02pm
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2022 at 9:51pm
Originally posted by gazurtoids gazurtoids wrote:

The time for Knight to move to Leeds would have been in Jan,

Nah, January windows are notoriously tricky (look at McGrath going to Wigan, can't even get in the matchday squads), & Leeds looked likely to get relegated at that point. Seeing the season out with Derby was the best route.

I'd echo other people in thinking Crystal Palace or Brighton would be ideal for Knight. Not sure about Leeds under the new guy, he's got the new manager bounce, but how that goes long term remains to be seen.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3233343536 59>
  Share Topic